MLS Playoff Dates and Times

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by Autogolazo, Oct 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreatZar

GreatZar Member

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Mar 29, 1999
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you people realize what this means on Saturday, November 1st?!?!?

Fox Sports World
    5:00pm ET: Revs at Metro
    7:30pm ET: Fire at United
    10:00pm ET: Earthquakes at Galaxy
    12:30am ET: (Signoff)

That's 7 1/2 hours STRAIGHT of MLS playoff action non-stop! This makes the Stupidbowl time commitment look tame!

2. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, kicks ass for anyone not playing that day.

Kicks substantially less ass for those of us whose teams are playing, although, by my reckoning, it should take a bit more than half an hour to get to RFK from that *#*#*#*# bar where they show all the games out in the suburbs (Summers?), and then another half hour to get back, so it isn't that bad.

3. soccertim

soccertim Member

Mar 29, 2001
    Mass
    Hope that's right. I, for one, would be thrilled with 6 first round playoff games on tv (includes the 2nd leg of the NE/NJ series, which I will tape while I'm at the game...).

4. Eric B

Eric B Member

Feb 21, 2000
    the LBC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The kicker is that reason that match is not being held on Saturday, 11/1 (two days before the Broncos' Monday night game) is the "NFL 101 Workshop for Women"! I guess they didn't want have the match on Sunday as it wouldn't give them lead time for Monday. Either way, weak sauce for Rapids fans...

As for the other series, I assume the Chicago/DC second leg was moved to Sunday for espn2, but what about New England, considering that the Pats off that week?

5. cpwilson80

cpwilson80 Member+

Mar 20, 2001
    Boston
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why the hell would I want to see my favorite team's fight their rival in the biggest game of the season anyway? I somehow doubt fox sports new england is picking this one up.

This is FAR better than last year, but we still have a way to go (the lack of info from the league being key.)

Where would we be without this site?

6. usasoccer4ever

usasoccer4ever New Member

May 7, 2003
    Bay Area
    According to the San Jose Earthquakes themselves, their 1st round home game for this season is scheduled for ethier Sat. Oct 29 @7 PM (Pac) or Sun. Oct. 30 @ 1:30 PM (PAC). That's what I was told when I called about my playoff tix anyways. I'm still not sure about the 2nd leg or the Conference Final date however.

7. taco jones

taco jones Member

Dec 23, 2003

wow.

at least he used the search function.

i guess.

8. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Do any of you people check a calender? November 1 is a tuesday and november 9 is a wednesday so I don't think the fire is playing at noon on a wednesday.November 5th is a saturday and the 6th is a sunday.

9. shinpan

shinpan New Member

Jan 30, 2004
    I thought I was going nuts there for a minute, until I realized this thread is from <b> 2003 </b> !! Don't worry about the dates or screwy looking matchups like Colorado vs. K.C.

-Shinpan

10. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I think you need to recheck the thread.

You're 2 years too late.

11. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok I was wondering how all those people could get the dates wrong.Why would usasoccer4ever bring up a post two years old to post about this years playoff dates for SJ?

12. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

Like Taco Jones said, he did the correct thing and used the search function for asking about play off dates, just he didn't realize that it was 2 year old playoff dates.

That and he's a quakes fan.

13. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thread from 2003