"MLS Phoenix Rising"

Discussion in 'Phoenix' started by gilmoreaz, Mar 8, 2007.

1. gilmoreaz

gilmoreaz Member

Aug 19, 2003
    Peoria, Arizona
    Now that we have our own Sub-Forum thanks to the Mods of Big Soccer, we can start threads that make sense for discussion...

One of them is our supporters group called, "MLS Phoenix Rising"...

Again, this is a group designed to rally us together. Please post things related to this group in this thread. Ideas, thoughts, suggestions, whatever you come-up with to make our group better and stronger, please let us know!

Please click on the following link to get there, and please take the survey on the website if you have not already done so. Thanks!

MLS Phoenix Rising Needs Your Support

2. Roundball

Roundball What?

Jan 20, 2006
    Glendale, AZ
    I think its great how you have it broken up into different regions:D. Being in the NW it will be make it more convenient for me to get involved. I'm excited.

I don't have a marketing degree but I would presume that their would be businesses/cities willing to support this movement once a SSS site is chosen. Maybe before.

3. phxinferno

phxinferno New Member

Feb 11, 2007
    Downtown Phoenix
    I was reading the lo down on the San Jose supporters activities (which can be accessed on the MLS Phoenix Rising website) and they had an agreement with the promoters of an international game in Oakland for a whole section just for Earthquake supporters. They figured on 200 and had 372 requests. Not a bad idea for future internationals at the U of P, whether its USMNT or not...

4. phxinferno

phxinferno New Member

Feb 11, 2007
    Downtown Phoenix

We could have shirts made up with the "Rising" shield and our sponsor on the chest...:D

5. Tucson_soccer_fan

Feb 11, 2007
    AZ, TUCSON
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is a great suggestion. But, if the USMNT is playing I am already with Sam's Army. I would sure not be opposed to waving a Phoenix Rising banner when I am not waving my American flag.

6. gilmoreaz

gilmoreaz Member

Aug 19, 2003
    Peoria, Arizona
    How about this for a Road Trip idea:

We get a group of 100+ of us to head over to the Home Depot Center for a Chivas or Galaxy game later this summer. We pick a game when it will be on ESPN. Then we order seats in a corner down low and wear MLS Phoenix shirts and wave the Arizona state flag and get some TV esposure...

I think if we could pull this off, the rest of the country will understand our intent. Anybody up for this? I've got the first round for whoever goes!;)

7. Tucson_soccer_fan

Feb 11, 2007
    AZ, TUCSON
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, hell yes.

8. Roundball

Roundball What?

Jan 20, 2006
    Glendale, AZ
    That would be great. Some gorilla tactics:cool:. It might make us instant rivals and I was planning on attending a game this summer anyways.

9. gilmoreaz

gilmoreaz Member

Aug 19, 2003
    Peoria, Arizona
    Phoenix Gorilla's! Great name Roundball!;)

We are going to pull this roadtrip off! Best yet, we are going to invite Don Garber to join us.

10. MAVSFAN82

MAVSFAN82 Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Dallas, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would U of P Stadium be the temporary site until the SSS Stadium is built?

A Phoenix MLS team would probably do better (attendance wise) then the Cardinals.

11. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i think having a supporter group/fanbase made up of passionate people like yourselves will help vocalize your raison d'etre, and perhaps help spur on those who are looking to place a team in phoenix.

good luck with your endeavors ... and hopefully MLS will eventually have 2 "ph" teams in their lineup soon.

and from the looks of the stadium during the USMNT/mexico game, i couldn't agree more.

12. soco

soco Member

Mar 8, 2007
    Scottsdale
    I would definately want to do this, especially if it's a weekend game.

13. Tucson_soccer_fan

Feb 11, 2007
    AZ, TUCSON
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chelsea will play LA Galaxy on July 21
    Lets make a presence for this game. That is if we can get tickets.

14. Warwick the Warlock

Real Madrid
    Jun 12, 2006
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    I am up for a road trip, as well. The key is making sure it is an ESPN televised game.

15. PHX Soccer

PHX Soccer Member

Feb 8, 2007
    AZ
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brilliant assesment since the Cardinals have a waiting list and all.

16. Siff

Siff New Member

Mar 8, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awesome. ROAD TRIP!

17. Siff

Siff New Member

Mar 8, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, the USL already has the Atlanta Silverbacks, and the Suns mascot is the Gorilla. I wonder how they would feel about that.

18. phxinferno

phxinferno New Member

Feb 11, 2007
    Downtown Phoenix

Touchy subject?;)

19. Roundball

Roundball What?

Jan 20, 2006
    Glendale, AZ
    By "gorilla tactics" I was thinking more along the lines of showing up at a nationally televised game in L.A. with our own agenda. I don't think it will make sportscenter. I do think the people that we want to impress will notice.

Personally I think the name and logo are pretty cool for a supporters club.

20. phxinferno

phxinferno New Member

Feb 11, 2007
    Downtown Phoenix
    The Rising could congregate in the parking lot and parade in with banners and flags...:D

What about GoDaddy.com as a sponsor...on't know anyone there, but i'm throwin' it out there...

21. gilmoreaz

gilmoreaz Member

Aug 19, 2003
    Peoria, Arizona
    Guys, this will happen! It will definitely occur on an ESPN broadcasted match at the Home Depot Center. When is the question... I will be working on that this weekend. Details to follow next week. I am good friends with the ESPN color guy and will work on him to mention our group during the telecast.

Be prepared to have fun boys! All of this is going to be a blast!

22. phxinferno

phxinferno New Member

Feb 11, 2007
    Downtown Phoenix
    Who? The Great Wylanda? Or Stoner?

23. clubgarcia

clubgarcia New Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    I'm for the roadie!

24. gilmoreaz

gilmoreaz Member

Aug 19, 2003
    Peoria, Arizona

25. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Put me in as a possible (depending on work and finances), but I'd definitely need a ride.