MLS on XMRadio

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by DCU112, Jan 17, 2006.

1. wcharriscpa

wcharriscpa Member

Arsenal FC
    Dec 26, 2000
    Austin
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They already are.

I emailed MLS toward the end of this most recent season and asked them if they had any plans to broadcast their games via satellite radio.

The personalized response I received said that satellite radio was something the league was seriously looking into.

2. wcharriscpa

wcharriscpa Member

Arsenal FC
    Dec 26, 2000
    Austin
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They already are.

I emailed MLS toward the end of this most recent season and asked them if they had any plans to broadcast their games via satellite radio.

The personalized response I received said that satellite radio was something the league was seriously looking into.

3. DCU112

DCU112 New Member

Jan 14, 2006
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks to all who replied.

I didn't know that World Cup was on XM already; nor was I aware that Sirius carries EPL games... same for ESPN Desportes.

All of this is good. For those of you interested in this, please continue to write to the provider of choice and the league office.

4. clevemlsfan

clevemlsfan New Member

Apr 6, 2001
    Re: Soccer/MLS on Sirius Radio

World Soccer Daily SIRIUS // Ch. 126
    Mon to Fri 1 - 3 pm ET
    Steven Cohen and Nick Geber host America's only English-language daily national radio program devoted to the world’s game. provide an in-depth look at the best leagues around the globe.

CH 181 ESPN-Desp MLS Una Pasion Que Crece
    Monday to Friday 11 pm - 12 am ET
    The latest scores, updates and highlights of Major League Soccer.

Dear MLS Please ,be progressive, give us a english show like this so no matter where you live (and regarless of poor local radio deals) you can follow your team and pump up the league.

Barclays English Premier League - LIVE
    SIRIUS is the Official Satellite Radio Partner of Barclays English Premier League. Hear live play-by-play as legendary rivals Chelsea, Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal and other teams hit the pitch

Usually Sat Sun some Mon this wk exam. Sat, January 21 7:40 AM Everton @ Arsenal 126
    9:45 AM Newcastle United @ Blackburn Rovers 126
    12:13 PM West Bromwich Albion @ Sunderland 126

Sunday, January 22 8:28 AM Chelsea @ Charlton Athletic 126
    10:58 PM Manchester United @ Liverpool 126

Monday, January 23 3:00 PM West Ham United @ Fulham 126

5. You're wrong about Chicago - only in Spanish or Polish. No English.

6. thigpig

thigpig New Member

Apr 24, 2005
    upstate NY
    XM!!!!!!!!! screw sirius

7. wjarrettc

wjarrettc Member
    Staff Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Cliffs of Insanity
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why not just use the English commentary from the TV broadcast for a satellite feed? I could live with that in lieu of english-language radio.

90% of the games seem to be on TV for the MLS Direct Kick package. KC and Colorado being the major exceptions.

8. dncm

dncm Member+

Apr 22, 2003
    Boston
    Re: Soccer/MLS on Sirius Radio

Also, there is a G&G soccer talk on Sirius 122 from 12-1pm EST that is pretty good.

9. mrt/MLS

mrt/MLS Member

Oct 11, 2003
    CT
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    great news x4. i hope they make a deal.

Sirius has some pretty decent soccer coverage that will hopefully be expanding soon.

that World Soccer Daily show is pretty cool, and the EPL coverage is nice. i think the WSD guys mentioned that there was going to be another soccer talk show starting up and that Siruis was going to be providing more soccer content in the future.

MLS on satellite would be nice.

10. SoulflyTribeFC

SoulflyTribeFC New Member

Mar 24, 2002
    I hope MLS chooses Sirius if they ever do get on satellite. The NFL coverage on Sirius is unreal. I listen to that channel 24-7. Also, Sirius carries NFL, NHL and NBA games, plus college basketball too and of course the EPL.

11. Major League Soccer

Major League Soccer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 25, 1999
    New York, NY
    Send email to feedback@mlsnet.com. People do read that stuff. Me, mostly.

12. Major League Soccer

Major League Soccer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 25, 1999
    New York, NY
    English is available through Chicago-Fire.com for most (if not all) games. No terrestrial radio, though.