MLS Offseason News and Rumors Thread I

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by patfan1, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crooked

Crooked Member+

May 1, 2005
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Bunbury and Mwanga have loads of potential and are far from finished products. Neither have gotten a great shake recently (Bunbury suffering from injuries and competing with Sapong, Bravo, Kamara, Bieler, etc.; Mwanga not getting along with Nowak even when he was playing well). Mwanga is only 21 years old, he's the type of player we could be building a team around for the future (assuming he doesn't go to Europe). I'm not crazy about giving up a first rounder for him, but I definitely would have given up a second rounder and a bench player (Barnes for example).

Also, a lot of young players have experienced growing pains in the league. Brek Shea for one had some serious ups and downs. With a guy whose only 21 years old you can't really expect him to be a consistent professional.

2. bwidell

bwidell Member+

Apr 19, 2005
    Manchester, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know Tel Aviv is a good team, but if he can't crack the starting lineup in a league that is worse than MLS, that's a problem. He scored once in his second appearance, and then it took three months for him to score again.

And RE: Mwanga, he's good, if no one plays defense against him. I'd rather pass than take on his huge salary just because we have the space.

3. Crooked

Crooked Member+

May 1, 2005
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    That's a pretty sweet deal for Portland, that pick could easily be top 5 next year. Like I said in another post, I wouldn't want to give up a first rounder for him. A 2nd rounder and a reserve player or some allocation money and I would have pulled the trigger immediately.

4. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One more day and I can close this thread! YAY!

NFLPatriot repped this.
  5. huskydeac

huskydeac Member+

Mar 31, 2009
    Fair enough. I think the top Israeli team is generally better than most MLS teams. But struggling to start at LA, SJ, or NY doesn't mean you're not MLS quality, especially for an awful Toronto side.

6. bwidell

bwidell Member+

Apr 19, 2005
    Manchester, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right, so he'll probably start. He's just not going to score, because he's not going to get much support from midfield (he's a poacher at best, not a guy who creates for himself) and he's not going up against his own team's defense.

7. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member