MLS Non-Sporting Discussion [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by NorthbankHighbury, Jan 19, 2011.

1. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    with the absolute shitshow going on in florida, anyone wanna start taking bets that this tournament actually plays through completion? what about even starts? a number of players and staff throughout the league have tested positive in the last couple weeks. I think mls actually has a better chance of playing than the nba does, given that one is outside and the other is inside and usually players are much closer together at all times in basketball.

i'm tired of this. i hope we get this done... but more than that, i hope we aren't being careless about this and putting any of our players' or staff's health second to money. there's enough of that in our politics right now; i don't want to that in my sports too.

2. Spassapparat

Spassapparat Member

SKC/Werder Bremen
    May 14, 2017
    yeah as i understand it , the chances gotta be fairly slim.. I mean all it takes is one player and a whole team has to sit out for 2 weeks right?

Even if they somehow manage to get this tournament through, I cannot see how they could have a regular season with the pandemic situation.

3. SportingKCFan

SportingKCFan Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Not looking good. 2 players have tested positive since arriving in Florida. With the virus out of control in that State, I don't see how any "bubble" will be real effective.

4. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020...meline-released-inaugural-season-newest-clubs

Austin FC, which was announced back in January 2019 and made significant progress before the onset of the pandemic, will remain on schedule for a 2021 launch. The other three clubs, all announced in the second half of 2019, will each have their expansion seasons rescheduled by one year. The updated schedule follows below:

• Austin FC: 2021 inaugural season
    • Charlotte: 2022 inaugural season
    • St. Louis: 2023 inaugural season
    • Sacramento: 2023 inaugural season