MLS NEXT Pro: Earthquakes II - Tacoma Defiance (Friday, 8/5) pre/in/postgame thread [R]

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Goodsport, Jul 27, 2022.

1. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The score so far is:

[​IMG] 0 - 0 [​IMG]

GO EARTHQUAKES II !!! :cool:

-G

P.S. = Please don't post results of other soccer games and other sports' games in this thread until at least 24 hours after they've ended.

2. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Live coverage for this game can be viewed here beginning at 7:25pm PDT.

-G

3. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    Tacoma has been one of the very best Next/Pro teams. They have been the only team to blow Q2 up. I hope a bunch of fans can come out to this game and the Quakes field the strongest group possible. Love to see Skahan in the midfield with Tsakiris and Bouda , Richmond starting on the wings. Tacoma scores boatloads of goals. Let’s pin more than a few on them at home.

4. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    We need payback for that beating they delivered to us in Tacoma. There's so much variation game to game in Next Pro due a large part to roster variation. We slaughtered CO at home and I think they beat us in CO. Looked like a totally different team.

don gagliardi repped this.
  5. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    There was never a chance the Quakes could win that one. Everyone was on international duty so Q2 was basically U17s with De La Cerda. I bet the Quakes come out motivated with a much stronger roster.

JazzyJ repped this.
  6. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Oskar Ågren won't already be suiting up with the first team the following day, then hopefully he'll be ready to go for this game. :thumbsup:

-G

7. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    I’m going to be there with my daughter. Wish I had a “Hire Ian Russell” T-Shirt to wear tonight. Maybe I should get a white shirt and a sharpie….

8. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It'd be somewhat ironic if both Luchi Gonzalez and Baby Judas are also at the game sitting right next to you. ;)

-G

9. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mmm... the blue/black/blue! :thumbsup:

-G

10. SoccerIsOurLife

Feb 14, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No Emi because it looked like he got on that plane to Austin with the first team.

11. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The final score is:

[​IMG] 0 - 2 [​IMG]

GO EARTHQUAKES II !!! :(

-G

P.S. = Please don't post results of other soccer games and other sports' games in this thread until at least 24 hours after they've ended.

12. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    Near brawl on the player’s bridge after the game. Wonder if a few guys will see suspensions. Referees had to rush back and intervene to keep it from getting out of control. No love loss between these two teams.

13. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    I only saw from 55’ or so on but man I didn’t really need to see a replay of the Montreal / Quakes I game. The Quakes had lots of chances to equalize but couldn’t find the net. Tacoma would occasionally go on a break counter but Quakes II was generally better at dealing with it than Quakes I until that goal at the very end. I didn’t feel like Tacoma was better, and Quakes II had I guess their B+ team - mostly the regular guys but no Niko, Bouda, or Emi.

Haji had some good moments and some not so good but I wonder why he doesn’t start.

Earthshaker repped this.
  14. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    Haji killed a lot of promising attacks early on. He is really in disappointing form in my opinion. Does not strike me as a first team player. When his contract is up I think the Quakes should let him move on.