MLS News & Analysis Forum Guidelines

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by JMU Soccer!, Aug 7, 2002.

1. JMU Soccer!

JMU Soccer! New Member

Jul 19, 1999
    MLS News & Analysis Fourm Guidelines

I thought I'd wait for everything to get settled after the Big Soccer server implosion before I recreated this.

1) This thread is for current MLS News, and Analysis of current events.

2)The majority of the time, each thread should contain an article or news clipping in the first post, on what the thread is based on. Such as "Washington Post: Gazza doesn't sign with MLS" or something to that accord.

2) Please don't start polls in this forum, they will be moved into MLS General Discussion.

3) Threads discussing the same topic will be merged.

4) Analyze, don't fantasize.

I'll think of more later, if anyone else has anything to add, post it here.

If anyone has any comments or questions or complaints, post it here.

Remember, this is your forum.

2. Taly

Taly Member

Feb 25, 2001
    Big Al's Brewery, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: MLS News & Analysis Fourm Guidelines

Rules? Rules are made to be broken.

3. BuffloSoldier

BuffloSoldier BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2000
    Northern NJ
    Re: Re: MLS News & Analysis Fourm Guidelines

And breaking rules will get you carded.

4. John Galt

John Galt Member

Aug 30, 2001
    Atlanta
    MLS News & Analysis Fourm Guidelines

I thought it was our fourm. (See title).
    Sorry. It's nitpicky, but it's more fun to nitpick on a moderator.

5. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Who is John Galt?

6. mlsgetinthere

mlsgetinthere New Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Faria

Did anyone watch the Fire/Wizards match and wonder why in the world Faria stayed on the field as long as he did?? He was absolutely horrible. If the Fire are going to have one forward and try to score goals, they have to have someone that will work to find the ball and then hold it up!! Faria didn't even break a sweat. It was a horrific performance. It is killing me that these announcers do not say anything about this kind of performance. The young kids are going to think that is the way you should play if you want to be a pro. Unbelievable!

7. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    What's with the guy that started the "mexican flag at home depot???" thread. Are you going to tell me that expletive-laced tirade is proper? If the guy wants to discuss it, fine. But what's with the vindictive. I've seen plenty of stuff on these boards, but that's over the top. And you know it, Mr. Moderator.

8. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't agree with Riverplate about much of anything, but he's dead on right this time. Perhaps why there was an Mexican League flag at Victoria Street was a legit topic. The way it was presented was racist, deliberately provocative, and low-grade trolling.

9. JMU Soccer!

JMU Soccer! New Member

Jul 19, 1999
    Usually, things are let go unless a complaint is filed. Report a post next time, bring it to our attention right away.
    Thanks

10. Bill Schmidt

Bill Schmidt BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Watching MLS in London

http://football.guardian.co.uk/Fiver/0,4022,1018999,00.html

The MLS was on TV in Britain last week, 2:55 a.m. the morning of Friday, August 15. Most weeks in Europe, with the ability to watch the leagues that play on Saturday and those that play on Sunday, combined with second division games, UEFA Cup, and the Champions League, you can watch soccer every day. But not in the summer. Maybe with the growing American presence in Europe, MLS can be to European soccer fans what Arena Football is to to American football fans.

11. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    This is a topic for another thread, but I believe the popularity of Arena Football has to do with gambling. The minute I saw the newspapers carrying the betting lines on it, I knew what was up. If people couldn't gamble on it, their interest in it would end.

12. Delenda Carthago

Delenda Carthago New Member

Aug 18, 2003
    Milan, Italy
    i know what i'm saying hasn't to do with the things you're saying but i'm curious to know who's the most titled team in MLS and if MLS is managed like NBA in Eastern/Western conference.

Thanks to all

13. Iancam03

Iancam03 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 8, 2003
    So CAL
    DC United is the most titled team in MLS with three MLS Cups. The Fire and Earthquakes are both trying for their second this Sunday. Inzaghi rules!!!!!

14. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How is this new "MLS: Q & A" forum supposed to work? I tried starting a thread in it and got a "You do not have permission to access this page" message.

15. GPK

GPK BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 5, 1999
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still having trouble?

16. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The MLS: Q&A forum appears to have vanished, so not being able to start a thread in it seems to be moot now.