Rumor: MLS Miami Bid: Beckham and Claure speak

Discussion in 'Inter Miami CF' started by chichi, Oct 27, 2010.

1. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll believe Becks and Claure are building Miami MLS before I believe DCU becomes the Cosmos 2.0. LOL

Besides chichi, you lost me when you quoted yourself. Thats a faux pax here on BS.

2. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't know Chi Chi. Your passion for MLS in South Florida is unquestionable. But I just wonder if it's clouding your judgment a bit. There hasn't really been anything going on that solidly backs these ideas at all. In fact, the only solid thing that has happened recently, Garber's words during his visit with fans in South Florida, seems to be directly at odds with these comments.

I would love for MLS to return to South Florida. But I do believe Garber (actually I've been saying for quite a long time prior that the blueprint for a team is already out in the open, ie. Portland, Vancouver, Montreal) was being bluntly honest - support the Strikers like gangbusters if you want serious consideration for MLS in South Florida. The Ft. Lauderdale Strikers are the best hope for MLS here, "promoting" from D2 to MLS just like their brethren in slots 17 - 19. I hope the Ultras can refocus their efforts on supporting the Strikers all out, because I think they could be difference makers in this. Go Strikers!

3. Flex Buffchest

Jan 25, 2010
    Orange County, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. Go out and support the Strikers and show how much passion Ft. Lauderdale/Miami could have. Blow Seattle and Portland out of the water. I guarantee you will be more likely on MLS's radar if you do. Plus, with the old name back, it might bring in more fans too. Miami Fusion and Miami FC were lame.

4. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We've got work to do to get all of South Florida on board with supporting the hopefully-Fort Lauderdale Strikers, but I think it can be done. Many people are turned off by the way Miami FC was run, and are still weary of Traffic. Some people from Miami-Dade are, for some strange reason, venomously opposed to anything outside the "305" area code.

But with REAL fans of soccer around South Florida helping to spread the word about the team, and with any luck, a mildly successful Strikers team that makes the playoffs, I think we can be as successful as the Whitecaps and Timbers were in D2.

5. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

Inter Miami CF, Junior de Barranquilla
    United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What sucks is that it is true, ft. lauderdale is very different from Miami. It is a turn off, Im still willing to go watch tht strikers though, but when MLS comes you better bet your ass its going to be name Miami, not south florida or ft. lauderdale.

Miami is what Garber is looking for, he may have said South florida to unite but thats because south florida will go behind a Miami team, but a Ft. lauderdale team will only have support from ft. lauderdale and north of that.

6. Utherhimo

Utherhimo Member

Dec 28, 2006
    Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    then good luck ever getting a team....

7. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lucho.....we keep going in this circle. Miami has never cared about a pro soccer team, no matter where it was or what it was named. If Garber only wanted Miami, he'd have said Miami. If Miami WANTED to support a pro soccer team, it could easily without the help of ANYONE north of County Line Road. But they don't. They haven't before, and there is NO reason to believe they will magically do so now.

Most of the fanbase of American pro soccer in this area that are willing to be season ticket holders and support the team long term seem to be to the north. Garber told the Ultras - support the Strikers. He didn't pull that out of his arse, he was telling fans down here to do what fans in Seattle, Portland, Vancouver, and Montreal did. And who are those cities? The ones with 4 of the 5 most recent franchises. Philly did it differently, but it still was an effort made successful by the league and potential investors seeing the passion of the fanbase.

There is NOTHING that will gather up and unite the fanbase in this area like the Ft. Lauderdale Strikers will. Nothing. Period. Nothing in Miami, nothing named Miami, just the Ft. Lauderdale Strikers. Traffic I think realized that they had far more potential fans to GAIN by going with Ft. Lauderdale Strikers, and I really believe that very very soon we will see them announce it as the team name. Hopefully this week or next, because time is already starting to run out for gearing everything in the organization up for this year. I don't think they wanted to name it Ft. Lauderdale Strikers, but ultimately saw it as their best potential bet, and are going to embrace the name and the legacy fully. They'll put their own take on it with a new crest, and somewhat different kits I believe. But the tradition will be unmistakable.

Just look at the facts Lucho, put aside your non-305 prejudice and see what is logical. D2 fan support is what will make South Florida franchise 21 in MLS. It is what will finely entice Traffic or someone else like Claure to jump in fully. But it's going to fail, and fail for the final time, if South Florida embraces the Ft. Lauderdale Strikers, and then some idiot tries to enter MLS as anything other than the Ft. Lauderdale Strikers. These two things are tied together now. This is how to get into MLS now. Maybe 10 years from now, if there are available slots, the process might be different. But right now, if you're looking at getting in at 21 or 22, this is how its working. Face facts - if you want MLS, you have to be willing to be a part of the Ft. Lauderdale Strikers rebirth. We would love to have you, and everyone else in the 305 join us.

8. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

Inter Miami CF, Junior de Barranquilla
    United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay im not doubting the Strikers rebrand, but I think its an assumption you guys are riding on. I understand yes that some of you out there saw the strikers back in the day, but they disbanded as well, every team has failed here i said it before and Ill say it again.

The Ft. Lauderdale strikers failed as the Miami Fusion did, they both failed but that doesnt mean Miami is the worst market.

Look at the Heat, what happened since the big three came along? Big things, sold out seats, and a lot of people have been riding that bandwagon, and you know what, I am those so called bandwagon fans, watching them play has actually made me stick to watching the games, and the excitement has brought me to probably sticking to watcing them more often than other sports out here because we have a chance of winning.

What im trying to get at is that Miami needs a big three in MLS as well, and the people will come, even if you bring a team with only one DP the people will still come.

You have to understand that the demographics were way different back in the day than they are now, Miami failed on MLS being a shitty league!! They had stupd rules, and they still managed to put out 11,000 fans. If you bring them back now, there will be more fans, MLS has changed for the better now, they have real soccer rules, not NHL wanna be rules.

You guys are riding on the strikers being successful and I believe they will but there is a bigger market in marketing Miami, there is more money to be made in MIAMI... Most of you are assuming the strikers rebrand are going to sky rocket fans but honestly how do know that?

For all I know, THEY (traffic) can be riding on your assumption, and believe that with just the rebrand the people will come, and not advertising like they have been doing.

Im fine with D2 in NASL as FT.LAUDY strikers but when it come to MLS you have to go with Miami. Im sorry as stupid as it sounds. But there is more interest from MIami when it is a top level, top flight of soccer, D2 does not fly here and it wont ever.

Im telling you as stupid as it sounds, MIAMI wants top level teams not D2, NASL is D2. If Traffic was ever to put full effort on advertising MIami FC at FIU there would have been some rise in attendance, but if you dont advertise then what the hell do you expect?

My point is that it is not fair how everybody thinks of MIAMI, for an MLS team now, give miami another chance with the right investor WHO SPENDS MONEY ON THE TEAM AND SPENDS MONEY ADVERTISING, WHO CARES ABOUT THE FANS, it would be successful!!! but when you give MIAMI (top class soccer city, with fans from all over the world) a crappy league to support in 96'-00', with a league with no normal rules, no international competition, no recognition at all. Obviously Miami was not going to pay attention at all, the owner ran out on US!!! Miami was not at fault, and other shitty cities like KANSAS CITY?? and COLOMBUS get to stay?? C'mon man!!!

Miami deserves another chance at this, Ft. Lauderdale can stay with the NASL thats fine, but if MLS comes back go down south to MIAMI!! Please. Have two teams one in second division and another in top flight (MLS) in MIAMI....

Im sorry but ft. lauderdale is not a known city guys, nobody north of florida even knows that ft,.lauderdale exist.

I have many friends outside of the US and in the US outside of florida, and they have no thought at all of what ft. lauderdale is... MIami is known and it will always be known as a main stream city...

Im from MIami and getting an MLS team in ft. lauderdale will limit your investment!! Not everybody is like me in MIAmi but most are, and if they name the team ft. lauderdale strikers, you will lose money alot of it, Miami is a humongous city, with a Miami MLS team you will also get fans on the international stage because its MIAMI!!

Im sorry to be so annoying but im just speaking my opinion... I want a team here, not over there.. I can tell you these two cities are very different from each other...

Another example that may relate but dont really think it would but ok, the Marlins, they played far from my house, and they were named florida marlins, now that they are changing the name next year to MIAMI, Im actually more for it, becasue of the name and I hate baseball, but I can promise you I will be out there for the opening of the stadium in 2012.. Go MIAMI Marlins!!!

9. Utherhimo

Utherhimo Member

Dec 28, 2006
    Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ft. Lauderdale is own....as a party town.

Miami is known too but as a party town that ALWAYS fails to support its sports teams and Miami Vice tv show.

10. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lucho, first let me say, +1 rep for your passion. The only way any pro soccer will ever work here, or anywhere for that matter, is if there are passionate fans. With that said, I still think there are a lot of holes in your argument that you're just ignoring. LOL

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on a number of points. One thing we can agree on though, is that if MLS is going to come to our area anytime soon, the Strikers need a significant increase in support. One other thing we are in total agreement on, something I've been trumpeting for a long time now, is that Traffic needs to step up and market the Strikers properly. Davidson has admitted that it was not a priority for the organization in the past, mainly because of their disagreement with USL about the direction and operation of the league. That's no longer an excuse for them. If they fail to make the right kind of efforts in getting the word out to the tri-county area about the Strikers now, then no one will be angrier then those of us who have been their staunchest supporters.

Personally, I'd be ok with the Ft. Lauderdale Strikers being the flagship franchise of a growing and stabilizing NASL. To me, taking my son to watch his Strikers the way my father took me to watch mine is what it's about. I've lived in South Florida since I was a baby, and I've never held season tickets to any sports franchise down here - until now. My expectations on Traffic and the league have multiplied significantly due to this. Don't get me wrong, I'd certainly be happy if someday the Strikers "promoted" to MLS just like the Sounders, Timbers, and White Caps. But even if they didn't, and the NASL in D2 was all we had here, I'd be happy.

But this point bears repeating. If the rebirth of the Ft. Lauderdale Strikers DOES unite and energize this fanbase, and if Traffic, Claure, Beckham, whoever DOES come in and say, ok, we're ready to make a big MLS push, doing it as anything other then the Ft. Lauderdale Strikers will be the final death knell of pro soccer here. The Sounders, Timbers, White Caps, and Impact didn't jump to MLS and suddenly change their whole identity. It makes ZERO business sense, and at the end of the day, pro soccer is still a business. You don't build up a brand, or dust off a classic one with power and return it to prominence only to ride it to where you want to be and then toss it in the trash.

11. DKDynamite

DKDynamite New Member

May 16, 2010
    N of WPB
    Club:
    FC København
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    I like the argument on both sides (Lucho & Smoke and Mirrors), and both are valid.

Miami IS a INTERNATIONAL city, easily identifiable, like New York, Los Angeles, Milan, Tokyo etc etc. MIAMI is a "sexier" city. However, Ft. Lauderdale, also known somewhat internationally ( I think because its proximity to Miami), has the most famous american soccer team in Florida history Ft. Lauderdale STRIKERS.
    South Florida, with its INTERNATIONAL culture (South America and Europe) has a "TURN KEY" soccer fanbase, but this fan base being so INTERNATIONAL, tends to support their hometown teams ( Fluminense, Estudiantes, Guadalajara, Milan, Barcelona, FC Porto, etc etc). These are some of the best teams in the best leagues in the world. This passionate, international fanbase in south Florida KNOWS FOOTBALL, FUTBOL and is very knowledgable and are "FOOTBALL Snobs" and there is nothing wrong with that in my opinion.
    Most of them could unfortunately careless about soccer in USA, whether it be MLS or NASL. Why watch second or third rate soccer when you can watch the best FOOTBALL in the world from Europe and South America? (There are some of us that have opened our arms to the soccer in America)
    Would they care if MLS got a team in MIAMI? maybe...why?
    Would they care if FT. LAUDERDALE STRIKERS were picked up by MLS? maybe...why?
    Personally, since I can't watch FC Kobenhavn play on a regular basis or New York Redbulls, I am very limited. Since I am a SOUTH FLORIDA FOOTBALL FANATIC(SF3's) I whole heartedly support the only soccer team in the area: MIAMI FC/ FT LAUDERDALE STRIKERS hoping that they will be the best and most dominant team in NASL. I try hard to attend as many home games as possible at the historic LOCKHART STADIUM. Last year I only got to goto 4 or 5 games, but gave tickets to many of my soccer/football/futbol loving clients. They are now fans of MIAMI FC/ FT LAUDERDALE STRIKERS and members of The SF3's in Europe and South America along with their hometown teams as I mentioned earlier.
    If you are a FOOTBALL/FUTBOL/SOCCER fan in South Florida you should support the local team, no matter what area code or zip code you live in. STOP limiting yourself! South Florida is an INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY! We should all be UNITED in the support of the local soccer team, no matter where they are!

12. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Excellent post DKD! You are talking exactly about some of the points I have made in the past regarding the Miami vs. Ft. Lauderdale debate. What outsiders haven't realized, or maybe are just beginning to, is that, just because South Florida is a wonderfully diverse ethnic community, full of people from futbol-loving nations, does not automatically equal success for an American pro soccer team here.

We have seen this time and again over the years with EVERY SINGLE pro team named Miami. By and large, the futbol loving people do indeed view American soccer as not even second rate, but probably more like third or fourth rate. This is the perception I have gotten living in this area nearly all my life and being a player and follower of the sport. You are facing a real roadblock in trying to get these kinds of fans to embrace what they feel is an inferior product, especially when it is VERY easy to turn on the computer or TV and see what they DO consider to be World Class futbol, not to mention the occasional international friendlies that come to our area because organizers know they WILL come out for those.

Ft. Lauderdale has something that can stand on its own though. The Strikers already have a tradition and legacy in our area. It is a brand that people still recognize. Not many people knew who the Miami Fusion were, and practically no one knew about Miami FC. But the Strikers is a name people can still identify with. They were HUGE in their hey day, and that provides the perfect springboard, that along with PROPER marketing and advertising, could make them the class of D2.

All this points to having the business sense to strategically target your marketing at the right people. You don't want to spend too much, so you need to know exactly where to put those dollars. The Strikers return will matter a whole lot more to Broward and Palm Beach residents, so focus most of your efforts there. Billboards on I-95, coverage by all three county's newspapers, maybe even a big ad in the Sun-Sentinel imparticular, get Davidson and/or Coach Shore on some local sports talk shows. These things cost money, but doing them in the right places can bring in the numbers you need to make 2011 at Lockhart the right kind of success you need to justify everything that's been done to get NASL off the ground for Traffic.

13. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A bit of checking shows that the tri-county that is South Florida is composed of the 3 most populous counties in the state. The 2 northernmost, Palm Beach & Broward, actually have a larger population than Miami-Dade. Could they possibly support a team w/o anyone from 305 (it was all so much easier when all 3 counties were 305..:D...) participating? With the appropriate marketing it might be possible to fill a 20k to 30k stadium just from those 2 counties. Especially if the residents of 305 want it that way.

Personally, I'd not like that. Just like I'd not be happy with a push for 305 only. Or even an emphasis one way or the other. Including us all is the way to go.

Traffic has done nothing yet to show us the way they intend to go. And anything that the fanbase has done is just at the beginning level.

We'll see . I hope we do it right this time.

14. DKDynamite

DKDynamite New Member

May 16, 2010
    N of WPB
    Club:
    FC København
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Your last paragraph was talked/debated/argued about last year also, I think this is key. $$$ talks BULLSHIT walks! We need serious, committed investors in this unstable league that are willing to take the financial gamble! Good luck! Maybe if there were MLS connected to it somehow or some other INTERNATIONAL LEAGUE, or huge INTERNATIONAL TEAM/OWNER, (been there, done that).

You CAN NOT however, alienate Miami-Dade County, Miami etc etc and that very important key to this puzzle. Without them, it will be a uphill battle. They are atleast 1/3 of the support and "turn key" soccer fanbase.
    But, let's say, one day, many many many many many years from now, MLS is willing to take the gamble, and does come to MIAMI/ SOUTH FLORIDA (even with its historic lack of support), FT LAUDERDALE will be as dead as many of the other NASL teams that have crashed and burned or jumped ship to USL PRO. There simply isn't the support and fan base in South Florida for a D2 team and a MLS team, whether it is in MIAMI or FT LAUDERDALE.

15. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ok, let me clarify here. I'm not saying Miami/Dade should be completely ignored. My hope would be that a team in South Florida would be embraced by all three counties. We have seen though that this is a difficult proposition. Only the Dolphins have really managed to pull it off. The questions from that become, why, and does it correlate reasonably to pro soccer?

In 2011 we are facing Year One for the rebirth of the NASL. This is the ground floor, and I think everyone knows that IF there is going to be a level of stability and then growth achieved by this league, it is going to be SLOW. We can't expect the world in year one. Davidson has said as much in interviews.

Would it be great if NASL ran out and paid FSC to televise games? Would it be great if everyone drew up plans today for brand new SSS for their teams? WOuld it be great if the marketing budget for each team in Year 1 was unlimited and each market could be absolutely bombarded with advertising of every type to make sure each and every possible fan is reached all throughout the season? Of course the answer to all these is "Yes, it would be nice!" But in no way is any of that realistic.

Success hinges on setting REALISTIC goals, and then working hard to attain them. If you do, excellent! Next year, set the bar a little higher, and so on and so forth. USL's D3 went from 6 teams last year to 15 this year. Who wants to give me odds that all 15 don't survive into the 2012 season? Slow and steady is the only way D2 and D3 will grow successfully, just like it was the way MLS has grown and stabilized itself.

Given all this, my larger point is, for 2011, Traffic is already breaking the bank just to ensure there is a league. Marketing and advertising HAS to be a part of their plan, but they're not going to go pie in the sky at this point. Target your best potential fanbase this year. Name the team Ft. Lauderdale Strikers, and market to all three counties in some fashion, but concentrate on Broward first, Palm Beach next, and Dade third. No matter what you do or don't do, that will probably be the pecking order in terms of numbers for your fanbase, so here in the beginning, it only makes sense to gear your marketing budget accordingly. Year to year this can be fluid though, depending on where you feel you have the most untapped potential.

What I just don't get is the loathing of some Miamians for anything that isn't named Miami. In other sports the entirety of South Florida can have its apathy and prejudices. But pro soccer can't afford those. EVERYONE who wants to be able to go and watch live matches needs to be behind what we have. Right now it's the Strikers. And for those hoping for MLS, the message from the Don was clear - support the Strikers or you have no shot. So what are people going to do? Say, eh, screw the "Ft. Lauderdale" Strikers, I'm not going to support them because their name isn't Miami. But gee, I'll still hope MLS comes here anyway. Not going to happen.

16. DKDynamite

DKDynamite New Member

May 16, 2010
    N of WPB
    Club:
    FC København
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Well said.
    "If you BUILD IT, HE WILL COME..."
    If you build the support and enthusiasm for FT LAUDERDALE STRIKERS... The DON and MLS will come to SOUTH FLORIDA!
    you=we/us/south florida soccer fans
    IT= FT LAUDERDALE STRIKERS/D2
    HE= The Don/MLS

17. chichi

chichi Member

May 21, 1999
    Miami Fl
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On DC moving. I only repeated what I heard from two sources. The Claure/Beckham connection is a fact. If these things will happen I'm not sure. But I hope MLS comes to South Florida soon. Be it Miami, Ft Lauderdale, whatever!

I'm all for building but as mentioned by everyone before Division 2 is hard to sell, it could happen with the Strikers name (Which for the record they didn't fail. The league failed, NASL went bye, bye). This is an Events town and we need flare to get attention of the fans. Bring MLS and there will be 10,000 in the stadium. Bring Ronaldinho or 3 superstar DP's and you will fill Lockhart and will need to expand. That's my view on the reality of this market.

18. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't know about DC moving. The rumor mills seem to recycle the DC United and Chivas moving stories over and over. After awhile you stop putting much credibility in them. I think the one thing that is certain is that the league model has shown that owning your own SSS is the best way toward the promised land of profitability. From that perspective it is hard to argue that a potential move is always possible for either of those clubs, so I guess that's why the rumor mills continue to turn on those stories.

Your take on the whole MLS thing seems to be very "Miami centric" if you get my meaning. The whole South Beach, red carpet, "it" crowd that Miami seems to try and come off as. Well, ask Dolphin fans how they're feeling about the new owner trying to inject that atmosphere into their franchise. I think there is a small potential fanbase of people who would actually subscribe to your theory. And when it comes to pro soccer attendance, you can't afford to completely ignore ANY potential fan group.

However, I believe the biggest potential fanbase for pro soccer here lies with people who A) actually care about and love the sport itself (at the American playing level which is an important distinction we've talked about throughout this thread) and B) the name brand recognition the Ft. Lauderdale Strikers brings to the table. To be frank, I strongly believe these two groups are centered well north of the city of Miami. These are the people who need to be targeted FIRST with the D2 incarnation of this team.

If that works, and we show Garber that we do have fan support in South Florida for pro soccer, then I think we can marry these things into a situation that works for everyone. You keep the core fanbase and the brand you have successfully revived by moving the Ft. Lauderdale Strikers to MLS, and then you bring in the DP stars from around the world to entice some of the Miami crowd to think the product is worth coming to see as well. I just don't see how you could abandon the Strikers brand if it is the catalyst to growing the pro soccer fanbase in this area to the point that MLS takes notice.

19. Utherhimo

Utherhimo Member

Dec 28, 2006
    Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    got to learn with training wheels before getting on the mountain bike.

20. zhe fulano

zhe fulano Member

Real Madrid
    United States
    Jan 31, 2010
    Florida Keys, USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Having watched the Toros, Gatos and Strikers (where or where is Steve David?) since I was a kid, I really don't see the Strikers name brand being all that some portray it to be. I'm not saying it is tarnished, but I just don't see it being anywhere near as impressive as some here think.

I can see how from a Ft. Lauderdale perspective, someone might think that "the" fan base which will support pro soccer lies north of 305. Lucho's passionate posts should make it pretty clear that that reasoning turns its back on a considerable Miami-based fan base which is hungry for a quality soccer product.

United we stand. Divided we fall. I hope someone will serve as the glue that puts it all together.

21. Flex Buffchest

Jan 25, 2010
    Orange County, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think anyone is expecting the Strikers name to just draw in thousands of fans because they're called the Strikers, just like no one is expecting the Cosmos to do the same. It's just for the sake of rejuvinating a name that has history in the region instead of just starting Ft. Lauderdale FC or Miami FC or something.

22. chichi

chichi Member

May 21, 1999
    Miami Fl
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    man give it up already it's getting tiresome, no wonder everybody is laughing about the attendance when all you talk about is MLS Miami.

24. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ancient Chinese (not really) proverb says "Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones".

Seriously WSW, some of the things you come up with on BS and now you are taking pot shots at chichi? Irony.

I agree that chichi seems a little out there, but he is hopeful for his hometown and there is something admirable about that. Same as you in Tampa.

Let's keep the conversation going and stick to debating the topic and not someone's worthiness to post.