Mls, Mexican league

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by fargonole, Jul 10, 2005.

1. fargonole

fargonole New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    maybe this has been discussed, but maybe these two leagues should join. you could have northern and southern divisions. when mexican and american teams played their would be a lot of passion and emotion. a good way to gain interest from existing soccer fans.

2. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

There's a chance, for sure.

3. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    Weren't you just complaining about sarcastic comments in another thread? Hypocrite.

4. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

I don't understand, did you just copy and paste that from a file you keep on your computer to arbitrarily throw insults? That's lame.

You might want to specify what you mean by "another thread" or just shut your mouth.

Either way, I'm going to make some chicken, while you twiddle your thumbs and make a fool of yourself. Have fun.

5. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas

Garber has mentioned something like this before, but I don't think an actual league would happen. Especially with the Mexican owners starting to buy up MLS franchises. Do we really need to see Chivas playing with themselves?

If only we could turn the North American Club Championship into a real, highly entertaining tournament. In my wet dreams I see group play. Perhaps four groups of four. One team from Mexico, US, Central America, and Caribbean in each group. Top 2 in each group move on to a knock-out phase. My wet dream involves all of the teams and the fans really caring about the games, too.

6. btmountainmail

Aug 13, 2004
    Colorado
    That could be exciting, but I think you'd have to keep it separate and have a "interleague play" like MLB for three or four games.

7. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    Why would I keep track of the thread? It could have been you, or it could have been Rommul (sp?), because I get your names confused as you both at times post pages of drivel.

8. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

So what you're saying is you're too stupid to back up your own insults.

We have nothing further to discuss. Buzz off.

9. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    No, you're certainly a hypocrite. Kiss my arse and take the rest of this to a PM if you (for some unknown reason) care.

10. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

I just told you that your argument is bunk. You are not allowed to continue speaking. If you have a problem with me, then I suggest you send me a PM. Beyond that, stop acting like a baby and grow up.

11. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    I can't speak? **** off you moronic arrogant piece of crap.

12. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

You're doing it again. What did I tell you about sending PMs instead?

13. Sempuukyaku

Sempuukyaku Member+

Apr 30, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The last thing I want to do is join up with the Mexican league...blah. The way to strengthen MLS is to continue expanding, building stadiums, and competing in tournaments in which MLS teams can compete against top flight clubs like Chivas (Guadalajara), America, Riverplate, Boca, Santos, Sao Paulo, etc.

We'll get our asses raped for a while but as we continue to play against these clubs the quality of our clubs will definitely improve. I think Mexico realizes how lame the CCC is and is really trying to further move towards the libertadores and CONMEBOL in general....we should do the same, in my opinion.

14. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    I don't give a crap what you tell me to do. I asked you to put this in a PM and you refused. Fine. Why would I care if you refuse? Why do you care?

You're internet world is crumbling! Run!!!

15. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

Again you're doing it. :rolleyes:

16. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    Yes, I'm posting on the internet against your wishes. Why don't you do as I asked in the first place and put this in a PM if, for some reason, you care to continue as you apparently do care.

17. Goquakesgo

Goquakesgo New Member

Jun 22, 2005
    San Jose
    We shouldn't join with the mexican league, because i'm not sure that the best MLS teams are even close to the best Mexican teams. And it's no fun watching superior Mexican teams take the title every year. We should wait until the talent of this league measures up to that of the Mexican league.

18. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    I think SEM seriously compromises our application to play in any serious inter-league tournament. MLS teams may compete on the pitch, but actually they are one organization trying to raise all boats, the teams in every other way are in cahoots. We'd have an unfair advantage.

19. FAS

FAS Member

Jun 5, 1999
    Los Gatos
    I think MLS is doing fine. It's very entertaining and the quality of the footbal has progressed steadily. Not sure why most oif the posts on here are about changing the game and/or league in one way or another. Change the rules, Americanise the game, give more points for goals, get rid of draws, and now merge with the Mexican league.

I say just leave it alone, it's doing fine, if its not broken don't fix it.

20. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I normally stay out of BigSoccer p!ssing contests, but I have strong feeling this guy needs his ass kicked:

[​IMG]

Actually, from the looks of things, it's probably been kicked quite a bit already.

21. fargonole

fargonole New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    i like the mls as it is now too. but, the more emotion you can create the more american soccer fans will watch. and the more i will watch. im really excited about mls. i used to be a sports nut and over the past couple of years i stopped watching eveything except college football. the other pro leagues were just too much. too big of ego's, undisciplined play, too much money, players not really caring, too much celebration, etc......

i also wouldnt mind the idea of having interleague play with the mexican league. where only a couple of games were played between leagues until the championship. and it is an idea, maybe it would work better in 10 years when the mls gets better players.

i think combining the leagues because of the hate between the two countries and having most mls players from the area of the team would really make this league grow. and doing it in the next 10 years would be the best time before the players union gains some strength.

22. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    Most of the posts have been between Bunge and that nut Roehl.

So, are you against inter-league play, or for it. You don't think it would help MLS grow?

23. jq pepe

jq pepe New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    los angeles
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Interliga ?, no way, I think MLS should develop its own style and not be overshadowed by another league,as many "friendlies" as possible, probably a match between the champions, but no mixing, I like MLS as it is

24. Guinho

Guinho Member+

May 27, 2001
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, there's an image I really could have done without....

25. FAS

FAS Member

Jun 5, 1999
    Los Gatos
    I don't have a problem with MLS teams playing mexican teams but I don't think the games should count in either leagues' standings. There is always the CONCACAF club competition and I wouldn't be against seeing a cup competition that involved teams from both countries.