Pre-match: MLS Matchday 20: Crew @ DC United, 8/4

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by hardhead, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Crew result @ DC United 7/4

Poll closed Aug 4, 2012.
  1. Crew win by 2 or more

10.3%
  2. Crew win by 1

29.3%
  3. Draw

32.8%
  4. Crew lose by 1

22.4%
  5. Crew lose by 2 or more...

5.2%
  1. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be fair, this is a game we can win. I choose lose by 1.

2. cleazer

cleazer Member+

May 6, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS match preview:

REFEREE: Allen Chapman. SAR (bench): C.J. Morgante; JAR (opposite): Steven Taylor; 4th: Juan Carlos Rivero
    MLS Career: 6 games; FC/gm: 22.2; Y/gm: 3.2; R: 1; pens: 1

INJURY REPORT:
    • D.C. UNITED – OUT: MF Lance Rozeboom (L knee ACL tear); DF Robbie Russell (L plantar fasciitis)
    • COLUMBUS CREW -- OUT: FW Tommy Heinemann (L knee surgery); GK William Hesmer (R hip surgery); MF Kirk Urso (R adductor tendonitis); DF Rich Balchan (sports hernia rehab); MF Bernardo Anor (L knee ACL tear); DF Nenamja Vukovic (L ankle sprain); QUESTIONABLE: MF Danny O'Rourke (L ankle sprain); MF Milovan Mirosevic (L adductor strain); PROBABLE: DF Chad Marshall (R ankle impingment)
    INTERNATIONAL ABSENCES: DC: Andy Najar (Honduras; Olympic Games)
    SUSPENDED: CLB: Cole Grossman (through Aug. 5)
    WARNINGS:
    • SUSPENDED NEXT YELLOW CARD: none
    • SUSPENDED AFTER TWO YELLOW CARDS: CLB: Bernardo Anor, Tony Tchani, Sebastian Miranda … DC: Maicon Santos, Chris Pontius, Dwayne De Rosario, Andy Najar, Dejan Jakovic
    HEAD-TO-HEAD
    ALL-TIME (52 meetings): United 23 wins (5 shootout), 76 goals … Crew 21 wins (0 shootout), 74 goals … Ties 8
    AT RFK STADIUM (25 meetings): United 16 wins (3 shootout), 52 goals … Crew 6 wins (0 shootout), 34 goals … Ties 3
    FUTURE MATCH: 10/20: D.C. United vs. Columbus Crew, 7:30 p.m. ET
    • It’s the second meeting between the teams, the first a 1-0 Columbus victory at Crew Stadium on July 21, the game’s only goal scored by Chris Birchall in the opening minute of the second half.
    • The two teams split their two meetings last season, each winning at home. The Crew haven’t lost in Columbus to D.C. United since 2007, a span of five matches (4-0-1).
    • The Crew have come away with the full points on three of their last five trips to RFK Stadium, since 2007.
    • Coaches record: Ben Olsen vs. CLB: P4 W1 L3 T0 … Robert Warzycha vs. DC: P9 W7 L2 T0
    LAST MEETING (MLS):
    7/21: CLB 1, DC 0 (Birchall 46)

3. cam5fc

cam5fc Member+

Sep 23, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have we had an injury list that isn't 5 lines long this season? And for you smartasses out there, use the same font size that Cleazer used! :cool:

4. cyates74

cyates74 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    Woodbury, MN
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Time Warner Cable in the Dayton/Cincinnati area are AGAIN not showing the game due to Reds baseball, AND not using the alternate channel. And as far as I can determine, they are not even showing a tape delayed broadcast.

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/08/02/...ug-4/landing.html?blockID=770211&feedID=10442

I have repeatedly sent emails to TWC to bitch about this, but I think one voice isn't going to do anything. Will you guys and gals head over to Time Warner's contact us page (below), and send them an email or something in order to inundate them with requests? The more they hear that they're being idiots about this, the more likely they are to actually broadcast the game live (or at all). It may ask you for a zip code in order to put you in the correct area, if so, you can put in mine: 45066.

https://www.timewarnercable.com/Midwest/about/contactus.ashx

I appreciate the help in giving them hell!

5. ThreeC

ThreeC Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Cowbellumbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I ********ing hate these ********ing assclowns. I want to destroy their will to live. Make them eat our shit!

6. Shamrock Rovers

Oct 4, 2007
    Lima, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, I sent them something but I had to enter my zip code, it would not allow me to use yours.

I hate, I hate oh I even hate somemore TWC! Glad to help a fellow Crew supporter to hopefully be able to watch the Crew

cyates74 repped this.
  7. naas

naas Member

Oct 6, 2008
    Centerville/Dayton, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also sent them an email to complain about it. In the last couple weeks TWC would show the Crew after the Reds, which I understand. But simply not not showing the game is simply sh!t. They're showing boxing after the Reds and then replaying the Reds. What a bunch of BS!

And Crew lose by 1. They've been winning in the past couple weeks when I picked that.

cyates74 repped this.
  8. cleazer

cleazer Member+

May 6, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like we could be starting Mirosevic tomorrow.

9. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, here is what I'm hoping for:

-----------Hebrew Hammer----------
    Miranda--Marshall--James--Williams
    ------------Mirosevic--Birchall-------
    Duka-----------Gaven----------Speas
    -----------------Arrieta--------------

Think we'll see Mendes instead of James (totally get that) and probably Meram instead of Speas, with Duka on the left.

CrewBeat repped this.
  10. Big Strong Patrick

Big Strong Patrick That's so Gaven

Dec 9, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm hoping that the alternate channels will show the game even though the TV guide says that it will be baseball. The last time we were bumped to another channel, the TV guide said it was supposed to be a Clippers game. If not I may go to the Pub Tour spot Jimmy V's - Grandview.

Could someone record a DVD of this in anticipation of some of us being w/o TV coverage?

11. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    **** them. **** them right in the ear.

chr1st repped this.
  12. ThreeC

ThreeC Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Cowbellumbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heat and the fatigue and cramps that come with it will be a factor tonight. With how crappy our overall fitness (injuries) have been this season and with RW making it sound like he expects balls to the wall every practice, I am concerned that our guys will be dropping first. http://www.thecrew.com/blog/post/2012/08/04/hot-and-humid-capital

13. ThreeC

ThreeC Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Cowbellumbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also, ******** those ********ing ********ers right in their ********ing ********holes!

14. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "All you mother********ers are gonna pay. You are the ones who are the ball-lickers. We're gonna ******** your mothers while you watch and cry like little, whiny bitches. Once we get to Hollywood and find those Miramax ********s who is makin' the movie... we're gonna make them eat our shit, then shit out our shit, and then eat their shit that's made up of our shit that we made 'em eat. Then you're all you mother********s are next. Love- Jay and Silent Bob."

(I'm at work and don't hve youtube access. :( )

eboe, chr1st and CrewBeat repped this.
  15. hardhead

hardhead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 2008
    NEO
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Here you go:

16. ThreeC

ThreeC Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Cowbellumbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or you could just scroll up to where I posted this yesterday.

17. NewEnglandClamChowder

Jul 28, 2012
    The Eyetalian Village, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Just talked to O'Rourke at Brioso - he's out for the night, didn't even make the trip. Apparently Bobby wanted him to play because he's been practicing, but he's still worried about his ankle so he asked not to.

18. soccerscott27

soccerscott27 Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Called my cable company, again. First claimed it was Fox Sports Ohio fault. I say look at the website of foxsport ohio, then they claim that that is what the guide says according to her supervisor. I say may I speak with the programmer next week to see why they are playing the Cincinnati feed just a couple miles outside Franklin county. Then they claimed that they are showing the Reds game is local. I say may I speak with the programmer next week and they say they are not available to speak to customers. I say at least show it on the alternate channel, although it is supposed to be on fox sport ohio in columbus region. Then they hang up on me. I call back and it sends me to the national services and they say they are sorry. They ask what I was discussing and just like last week and two months ago they claim it is Fox Sports Ohio's fault and not their's. I say it is my locals fault as they are showing the Cinci feed and not the Ohio feed. At least I would like one of them to be hosnest about it!!! I say I will be calling my local again next week and at least the national branch doesn't just hang up on me. The only alternative is Time Warner and my friends has that and they are also not getting it on the main or alternate channel. Last week Time Warner told them to order it of MLS Live Ticket or whatever it is called and he asked 3 times would we be able to watch the Crew game and they responded yes. But it was not on, so he got a refund and $20 credit for the mistake. Needed to vent.

Shamrock Rovers and cyates74 repped this.
  19. soccerscott27

soccerscott27 Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Does anyone in central ohio actually get to see the Crew game on Fox Sport Ohio main channel and if not does anyone get it on the alternate channel?

Does anyones guide not match what Fox Sport Ohio has on its website?

Also does anyone else get told by their cable company that it is Fox Sport Ohio's fault? Because that seems to be the standard line in my area although it is a complete lie.

Thanks in advance for any response.

20. zman31

zman31 Member+

May 5, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My Directv guide says I get it on Fox Sports Detroit. I have it set to record there on one box and on the shootout package on the other. We'll see where it actually shows up....

21. kakkers

kakkers Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Does anyone in the Dayton area know if the game is blacked out on mls live or direct kick on TWC?? Or do you know anywhere that will show the game here in Dayton? I have spent all day with TWC for absolutely no answers.

CrewBeat repped this.
  22. DAK77

DAK77 Member+

Nov 10, 2008
    Merion Village, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The last few games that the Reds and Crew played at the same time my TV guide says that its the Reds that are going to be on but come game time the Crew are on.

23. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gruenebaum; Miranda, Marshall, Mendes, Williams; Birchall, Mirosevic; Meram, Gaven, Duka; Arrieta

Bench: Lampson, James, Gehrig, Tchani, Finlay, Vargas, Renteria

[​IMG]

24. FootyRef

FootyRef Member+

Apr 13, 2007
    Westerville, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow!! There is no one at Fourth Street but us...has everyone abandoned this place for Jimmy V's in Grandview?

25. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's where I went.