MLS Match #18, 7/2/2005: Chicago Fire @ Chivas USA [R]

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by NotAbbott, Jun 30, 2005.

1. DrBobC

DrBobC Member

Feb 28, 2004
    Burton upon Trent
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who have you've been watching. Yes, he had won a few balls. I started counting the # of passes he passed directly to chivas and I got up to 8 and lost count.

2. the Next Level

Mar 18, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    I hear ya, but you, me and everybody else had better hope he gets it together because, with Will John seemingly content to ride out this season in reserve, Buete is IT.

Thiago just can't take this many matches in the role that he plays. Thank goodness he is down now and not later (hopefully). Though I would have liked to have seen what he could've done against Pirlo and Gattuso.

3. Bigdudeduke

Bigdudeduke New Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Chicago Suburbs
    Hey, its ok if you're an apologist 352gialloblu, especially since you're honest about it. :D After the game I did an analysis of Jesse's play for the night. The negatives so out-weighed the positives that the first thought that came to my mind was "Gees, that's pathetic". To be reasonable, I'll stand down from that word and go with the phrase "Jesse had a terrible night".

4. loonixxx

loonixxx Member+

Chicago Red Stars
    Aug 28, 2004
    Soccer Limbo
    Club:
    Jagiellonia Bialystok SSA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I share your hopes but also share your fears with Dave. Maybe we need to get him a pair of glasses to see it from our point of view?

5. loonixxx

loonixxx Member+

Chicago Red Stars
    Aug 28, 2004
    Soccer Limbo
    Club:
    Jagiellonia Bialystok SSA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay obvious. But I wouldn't have picked Jesse a while back when it was his first chance of the season. Marsch? A PK taker? Please I'd almost pick Zach over him.... :D J/K of course....

6. joshyroundhere

joshyroundhere New Member

Jul 20, 2002
    Chicago
    Looking back, I'd have to agree with the analysis that Beute did not have a strong game in the attack.

[cue backpeddle/spin]

What I did mean by that is that when I watched him on Wednesday vs. DC, when he was needed to go into the attack he looked to get rid of the ball asap and looked timid.

What I saw on Saturday night was a player (out of his natural position) trying to get involved. Yes, he gave balls away, yes, he didn't make the best decisions offensively, but it looked to me that he was looking to make the plays. And in this situation (No Thiago) it comforted me that although Beute is not the long-term answer, at least he is doing his part to try to help in the short term.

That being said, if LA wants him, I'd take Grabavoy every day of the week :-D

7. DrBobC

DrBobC Member

Feb 28, 2004
    Burton upon Trent
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    basically what it comes down to is we need Thiago to be healthy. Right now our game goes through thiago as it went through Nowak. I'm not saying Thiago is Nowak but, he creates a lot for our strikers. I do not want to be over critical of reiter or herron because we did not have anybody at central mid to get them the ball. Neither herron or reiter are strikers who can create on their own. They need people to get them the ball. I'm a little worried about sat. because we will be without gurrerro and thiago. It's going to be a frustrating game. I hope at least thorrington is healthy.

8. BrianJames

BrianJames Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Chicago
    Watched this last night on mlsnet. After I saw the lineup it was time for the fast forward button, 1.4x reg gameplay. That didn't seem to be enough though, as after 10 mins it was on to "double-time". Good game at that pace though.

Try that for an hour, and then watch it normal. Seriously looks like they are moving in slow motion.

Was Rolfe slightly injured last game or in practice? Mabye Dave was just giving him a rest.

9. dabes2

dabes2 Member

Jun 1, 2003
    Chicago
    He's Armas x 2. Same sort of anticipation and ballwinning ability. But his passing makes Armas look like Zidane.