MLS listing on Yahoo

Discussion in 'Business and Media' started by Worm Burner, Sep 4, 2002.

1. sljohn

sljohn Member

Apr 28, 2001
    Out of town
    Here's another way to check where sports fans are clicking on Yahoo!... Most-Viewed Sports Photos and Stories

2. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't even have a problem with the original post. My post wasn't mocking him, it was mocking the attitude that is pervasive around here that soccer somehow deserves treatment above and beyond its demonstrable popularity in the marketplace.

So I apologize to Worm Burner if he felt I was making fun of him. I wasn't.

3. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    ya, web site design is completely automated. robots do all the work. really, there is no human involvement.

darn it, my tongue is in my cheek again.

4. Fleetwood Mac #1

Fleetwood Mac #1 New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Queens, NY
    I don't think adding Horse Racing is the reason they removed MLS from the front page. They also added back the word 'World' in front of 'Soccer' which was unnecessary. 'MLS' would fit in perfectly in that space. Perhaps another Garber vs. Yahoo fight on the phone? Or is there more to it than just lack of space? I've never seen them remove MLS before the season is over.

5. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I have.

If and when MLS gets more hits than Horse Racing, we will get top billing.

6. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Did you read that cricket story? I can't believe India in such a laugher over England. I mean India is good, and England is in poor form, but over 600 runs for 8 wickets? Too bad Tendulkar didn't get the double century. It didn't even look like Ganguly or Dravid played. Wow!

7. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like a real wicked googly.

8. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since you totally missed the point, I won't bother explaining to you what I meant.

9. gosya

gosya Member

Feb 6, 2001
    New York
    Wrong. Yes, Horse Racing is dying as a spectator sport, but as a gambling machine it's doing quite well. OTBs are experiencing a sizable influx of bettors. Just b/c no one goes to watch it, doesn't mean people don't care about the results.

10. Beau Dure

Beau Dure Member+

May 31, 2000
    Vienna, VA
    Yeah, but England won one of the earlier tests and was unlucky to settle for a draw in the other. They've actually been doing well recently.

The fourth test started today, with England in the ascendancy.

ESPN is even showing highlights in its "Top Plays" every once in a while when they don't have 10 great efforts by shortstops.

11. LA Galaxy Fan

LA Galaxy Fan Member

Feb 28, 2000
    Tokyo
  12. Worm Burner

Worm Burner New Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Denver
    With that post I think you're the one that ends up looking like the moron.

The point of the whole thread was that MLS is not listed on Yahoo's main sports page.

13. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Lighten up, Francis. Try the decaf.

14. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    It is? I go to Yahoo! Sports all the time for MLB and MLS. MLS was replaced by World Soccer so please explain why your numbers make it clear which one doesn't belong.