MLS Jerseys = "RED" OVERKILL

Discussion in 'MLS: Clubs' started by napolivsavellino, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Dr. Foosball™

Dr. Foosball™ New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Hot Springs, AR
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess you haven't seen FCD's new alternate kit...

[​IMG]

2. CU912

CU912 New Member

Mar 18, 2007
    Those look pretty nice but im talkin about main colors of the club not just one alternate jersey.

3. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This could make it easier for the All Star game. Have all the MLS selections where their clubs red shirt when they play Sparta Prague or whatever mediocre European club they have coming this year.

4. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Celtic FC this year :D

5. napolivsavellino

napolivsavellino New Member

May 2, 2005
    Toronto, ON

VERY well said!!....

i myself would prefer to see teams go by their city name much like dallas and toronto or dc....in addition i dont like to see team colours chosen for no particular reason....id much rather see cities use theie city COLOURS...

here in TORONTO we have a city flag that is all royal blue with a white "T" and a bit of red....when choosing the bluejays, leafs, and argo colours they stuck to the formula...but then decided to go PURPLE for the raps (until recently)...and now RED with TFC.....oh well...

on a side note i do like TFC grey away kits ;)

6. mcnaulty21

mcnaulty21 Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, in terms of college basketball, blue is the most prevalent color. There have only been two times the last 24 years that neither of the teams in the final have not had blue in their unis.

7. revs

revs Member

Apr 22, 2003
    MA
    Is that for real? cuz if it is....thats awsome

8. sidis

sidis Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Itaguaí-RJ - Brazil
    in brazil the most common is black-white combinations.

9. MasterShake

MasterShake New Member

Oct 8, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY Ukraine
    United, FC and City are common additions to names of football teams all over the world.

MLS is not copying anyone by using that in say DC United or FC Dallas it is much better than LA Galaxy...who needs nicknames ??? especially as gay as Galaxy or Wizards (no offense to anyone) Usually the fans end up picking their clubs nickname.

10. EforEx

EforEx New Member

Apr 27, 2007
    LOS ANGELES
    L.A. Galaxy is like lets say Club America or Santos Brazil so what's in a name for a club in your region? Obviously L.A being a big city, recognized the world over, for it's stars, Hollywood, and the galaxy like cultural ethnic and racial divercity of this city I like the club name, by the way Galaxy will have a new logo and colors and that I agree with never a big fan of the green and gold colors!