Rumor: MLS is Back! SKC in the bubble

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by siskoeva, Jul 10, 2020.

1. siskoeva

siskoeva Member

Oct 31, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City

I just read this regarding a Sporting player testing positive in consecutive tests. Being two days prior to a game, I cannot imagine this bodes well for all of our scheduled games due to the 14-day guideline. Does anyone have any more info?

2. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    siskoeva repped this.
  3. Spassapparat

Spassapparat Member

SKC/Werder Bremen
    May 14, 2017
    Reddit post shows pictures of skc training today. Crazy.

siskoeva repped this.
  4. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i gotta agree. i wanna see us play as much as anyone, but this game really should've been postponed. if i'm minnesota, i'm not happy about having to play us.

also, i watched the latest vlog from salloi, and it showed some tidbits about their move into the bubble and their circumstances. one of the things it showed was his first nasal swab upon their arrival into quarantine. i haven't had to get tested yet, but from what i understand, they're supposed to stick that swab way up into your nasal cavity and scrape the back wall. the person in the video barely swabbed a quarter inch up his nose. it seemed to be a grossly ineffective procedure. if that's how all of them were done, i could see a lot of false negatives coming out of that.

5. siskoeva

siskoeva Member

Oct 31, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I've had a few tests done due to the nature of my work. each testing center only requires the swabs to go about 1 inch through each nostril with circular scrubbing of the nasal cavity a few times (luckily tested negative each time). I do agree it doesn't seem/feel as effective as a deeper swab would be, but I have not read enough papers to have an authoritative opinion on the matter.

6. siskoeva

siskoeva Member

Oct 31, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City

Game on I guess.

7. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we not having a game thread? ok.

pulido showing some filth on our goal. the flick and turn and then the through ball to shelton was top class. it's unfortunate that their gk's boneheaded decision might detract from pulido's play there.

really glad to have something to show for our utter domination in the first half. we probably should've had 3 goals in that half.

8. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    We decided not to make game threads for games we lost anymore. They are too depressing.

9. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ******** you, skc. absolute dogshit management of the final 15-20 minutes of that game. a game we totally dominated, but never put away; turned on its head by a stupid challenge from melia (debatable whether that's a red), and then we did what we specialized in last year - absolutely shitting the bed and throwing away all the points. and vermes... ******** you too. waiting until 90+ to make 4 subs in our first game in months. ********ing idiot.

10. kcfooty

kcfooty Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thoughts:
    1) I hope nobody gets sick.
    2) Pulido is worth every penny.
    3) Kinda was in great spots all night, but just didn't have the right touch when it came time to put the ball in the net (rust?)
    4) Shelton hit a nice shot in the first 10 minutes that was blocked by a player and then coolly slotted home that goal - really good (and holy mother of balls, that touch from Pulido to set it up)
    5) We were absolutely dominating this game until the disallowed goal from the corner - good things ahead (provided 1 above).
    6) We've dug a hole in this group (and for the "next best" selections - we have 22 disciplinary points, which is the 3rd? tiebreaker. Good - we won't won't have to worry about next year's Champion's League debacle.
    7) Gerso showed some good footwork and his speed was there - but the game seemed too fast for him in the moments that mattered, he needed to slow down, size the situations, and make a solid play.
    8) Vermes is going to run the starters until they turn into a puddle on pitch - some things never change.

11. lukeD

lukeD Member+

Jul 7, 2011
    Olathe
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last night was another Peter being Peter game. Why, when you are winning 1-0 and just lost a player to a red card, can he not make the needed tactical adjustment to sitting and countering? There were several times when 6 or 7 out of 9 field players were in the attacking half. Why? And does he not understand the revised substitution rules?

When do tryouts for the backup keeper position start? I'm a bit rusty, but can do better than Sanchez did last night. He was on par with the keeper we brought in from Chile a few years ago. That is not a compliment.

12. kcfooty

kcfooty Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And I forgot number 9.
    9) Backup keeper elicited a 'Who in in the hell is that?" moment. Then he lived up to expectations. Sure hope he is better in his upcoming start.