MLS insane move of the month

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by pigpen81, Oct 10, 2003.

1. pigpen81

pigpen81 New Member

Jul 6, 2003
    San Diego
    MLS has forced SI Games to remove the league from its upcoming Championship Manager 03-04.

Virtually every league worldwide is represented...but no MLS

Why?...this awesome PC game is played by over a million soccer fans around the world.

Stupid move!

2. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

OK, from now on, newbies are required to post sources.

3. TomEaton

TomEaton Member

Mar 5, 2000
    Champaign, IL
    Assuming the news is true, I'm sure it would be a rights issue. The league probably wants some sort of compensation for the use of its name and logos. Oftentimes in these sorts of situations the players union also wants something for the use of the names of the players.

4. pigpen81

pigpen81 New Member

Jul 6, 2003
    San Diego
  5. lightningback

lightningback New Member

Jan 27, 2003
    Carson
    Uh, ok....now what are the facts? I would reserve judgment toward MLS until we all know the story behind it.

6. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
    Even if they get $0 from this there is no reason why MLS shouldnt be restricting them from putting the league on their game. They are in no position to be demanding this, every drop of advertisement is good for them at this point. And frankly prob about 99% of the people who buy that game dont buy it because of MLS. So its its not like they are making money off of them.

7. red&black1

red&black1 New Member

Mar 8, 2003
    Kearny NJ
    Very bad news!! This will be the first CM game that i will not buy...

8. NACIONAL

NACIONAL New Member

Dec 31, 2001
    Medellin, Colombia
    What the hell is Championship Manager ????

Never heard of that....

I've only played EA's and Sega's Games....

9. wattsmj79

wattsmj79 New Member

Jun 21, 2002
    Columbia, SC
    Think about this . .

How could MLS continue to charge EA a fee for including their league in FIFA, when they allow Eidos/SI to use their likeness with no fee attached?

10. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

If you are serious you are missing out.

Edios is the problem here not MLS. Go to Here and read the press release and there is a link just after it with a thread about the whole deal.

11. dcufan1984

dcufan1984 Member

Feb 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    nowhere in any of sigames' releases did they say anything about mls or don garber making them remove the teams and players. they only said that it was done for legal reasons that they were not allowed to discuss.

can we get a bigsoccer lawyer to clear things up and explain what might have happened?

12. FootieBloke007

FootieBloke007 New Member

Apr 25, 2003
    Chicago
    As far as the logos go, I have CM4 and they don't have the logos in the game. I had to upload it into the game. If it was the issue of player''s names, they could always put fake names that are similar to the actual names. (ie., Londan Domavon)

13. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    It was all because of Julie Foudy.

14. FootieBloke007

FootieBloke007 New Member

Apr 25, 2003
    Chicago
    Hopefully Total Club Manager 2004 will have the MLS as a playable league and not just a feeder league like the 2003 version since they are in FIFA 2004. The development on that game is looking good.

http://www.totalclubmanager.com