MLS greatest goals video, you gotta get it

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by the cup, Aug 31, 2002.

1. the cup

the cup Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Yesterday a bundle of joy arrived at my doorstep, no not a baby, something better, a box with a replica Chicago Fire jersey and a video showing the greates MLS goals since 96. www.mlsgear.com throws the video in for free when you buy a jersey. It was amazing, my soul was immediately nourished and fed. I first thought it was going to be a little bit of a rip off because it said the video was 22 minutes long. I thought, "how many goals could they show in only 22 minutes?" They show plenty, all world class goals. I counted how may they show and you get 60 goals, but actually 120 because they show each goal again in slow motion. And whats best is there is nobody like Rob Stone talking over the action, its just the original announcers or in some cases no announcer at all, just the sounds of the crowd. Its great. The goals aren't shown though in order from 96-01, they are just shown in random order, which is ok, its a virtual potpourri of action. The best thing about this video is it would be a great educational resource for new MLS fans because you see all the great early goals. You get bicycle kicks by Balboa, Cienfuegos, DiazArce, Savarese, and Hugo Sanchez. You get long range bombs by Razov, Etcheverry, Preki, Donadoni and Balboa (with blonde hair, spooky) And you see the wicked curveball by Caricola and the Golazo Olimpico by Damian. But maybe whats best is you get to see the way the league was in the early days for example with the replay of the Savarese bicycle kick you see the crowd at the Meadowlands, hell, there must have been 40 thousand people there. The announcer for the Crew one time says "only seconds left." Oh the days of the clock counting down. You see a sign at the Cottonbowl saying "ban the shootout" and you see the crowd at the Horseshoe in Columbus. And finally you get to hear the announcer for DC saying, " Etcheverry knifing through, Etcheverry, Etcheverry, Etcheverry, its in the net, its in the net, oh its in the net." God Bless the MLS!

2. Ted Cikowski

Ted Cikowski Red Card

May 31, 2000
    ok well my new credit card is coming in the mail....time for me to order a new jersey.

3. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Yeah, free with a jersey is all well and good but I have wanted to buy it alone, and that option doesn't seem to be available.

4. JMU Soccer!

JMU Soccer! New Member

Jul 19, 1999
    The problem right now is that they don't have jerseys of all the teams.

5. detter7

detter7 New Member

Jun 14, 2000
    PA
    Hmmm...it's never too early for Christmas.

6. JaxxNate25

JaxxNate25 New Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Jacksonville FL
    Is that video only available on VHS or can i choose a DVD option? I don't own a VCR anymore

7. Lithium858

Lithium858 Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Baton Rouge
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that would be rad to see on DVD with a huge surround sound system blaring the sound of the audience screaming. i think i'll get that!

8. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rad?

Its 2002.

Less lithium for you.

9. Lithium858

Lithium858 Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Baton Rouge
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    haha shut up! would you rather me say "tight" or something?