MLS - follow the money?

Discussion in 'Philadelphia OT' started by UdiHrant, Aug 25, 2014.

1. UdiHrant

UdiHrant Member

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS - I'm talkin to you? What are the rules? I want MY team to make it to the playoffs so I spend my cash for tickets and parking and overpriced hotdogs and beer. We sing and scream for our guys to push harder and sweat it out.

But then I see 8 million, 6 million, 5 million spent on Dempsey and Bradley and Jones and I wonder - hey MLS - where did that money come from? If it's out of the pockets of a rich owner then OK and let's get on with it.

But if it's MY hotdog money that's paying these inflated salaries to keep a N.E. or Toronto franchise running then no , no, no. Let them sweat out their own problems, fill their own seats or find their own daddy warbucks owner.

If 'single entity league' means that the winners and losers get picked behind closed doors with no known rules for us paying customers to understand then I'm against it.

2. cflsteve

cflsteve Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Welcome to big time pro sports. MLS single entitity league. Profit sharing in other sports. Inflated high prices for tickets, concession, Parking comes with it. Pro sports veneus are built now with smaller capacities. The rich pay big bucks for luxury suits. The poor stay home and watch on TV with Networks and sponsors paying leagues direct. Those who do stay home and watch on TV still need to pay for your package of Networks to see the sport and teams of your choice regardless of which provider you choose.