MLS Draft Combine Coverage

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by In Bob We Trust, Dec 2, 2004.

1. In Bob We Trust

In Bob We Trust New Member

Jan 5, 2003
    3rd Degree's info (both objective and subjective) on the players before the draft last season was phenomenal...will something similar be done this year?

2. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  3. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our coverage has aready started.

Draft order.
    http://3rddegree.matchnight.com/thirdindex.cfm?page=article&keyword=SUPERDRAFT

Pool of players, a work in progress.
    Forwards: http://3rddegree.matchnight.com/thirdindex.cfm?page=article&keyword=DRAFTPOOL

mids: http://3rddegree.matchnight.com/thirdindex.cfm?page=article&show=472

defenders: http://3rddegree.matchnight.com/thirdindex.cfm?page=article&show=474

goal: http://3rddegree.matchnight.com/thirdindex.cfm?page=article&show=475

I am going to the final four and probably doing color on matchnights internet radio broadcasts.

I am also going to the MLS combine in LA in Jan.

And will be doing the draft day chat rooms again from the MLS SuperDraft.

4. justscore

justscore Member

May 31, 2004
    Southlake
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In my next life I want to be BUZZ!!!!(not lightyear) :cool:

5. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll just settle for g@d.

6. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a strange job that give me a wierd schedule.

and I have no wife so I can spend my vacation watching odd soccer.

7. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

in the end, all the pain the Dallas Burn and FC Dallas put you through will not equal the grief of a woman.....did I say that out loud? :D *Dodges tomatoes from jrs mom, justscore, chazsoccer, all of the posse, mrs.texas.arsenal, and all Chicago and DC fans*

8. In Bob We Trust

In Bob We Trust New Member

Jan 5, 2003
    damn, didn't even bother to check the links on the side...keep up the awesome work, you're a godsend to MLS diehards..

9. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    why thanks.

10. justscore

justscore Member

May 31, 2004
    Southlake
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :mad:
    :mad:

11. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

aw, I was only kidding, I love women. Sure they can be difficult at times, but they are beautiful and worth it in the end. *Dodges tomatoes from all the men* :D

12. jeffenbauer

jeffenbauer Member

Jul 17, 2002
    dallas, tx
    Yeah but given your screen name, I'm concerned about the type of women you associate yourself with!

13. terp fan

terp fan New Member

Nov 21, 2000
    The discussion might be wandering away form the combine thread....great job Buzz in sorting through all the potential draftees. Once the P-40's are announced it will be fun to do some mock drafts. The draft as it relates to FCD will probably only provided some depth and reserve team players but it's exciting to try and draft some guys with upside for the future. I would think the stated needs of the team, namely a foward and attacking mf, will need to come through allocations for immediate help and not the draft.
    I think most of us are still wondering if FCD had a good draft last year since we never saw much of the four that made the roster. Hopefully some of those guys make it to the field in 2005 while the new crop of draftees at least get some reserve games in for their future development.

14. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had what I thought was a long list of prospects. This week the combine list came out, and there were about 15 guys on there I didn't have. So I have spent some time in the last couple days adding them. I also fleshed out the defenders more, and started on filling in the goalkeeper stage.

The hard part is finding info on awards and stats form this season. which takes some time. But it's a long way till the draft still so I have time.

I do think FCD wil draft a forward. Even with the allocation, Eddie still is probable for only 2 seasons here at most, and with Kreis also out, and possibly Nhleko... I still expect a forward to be picked in the first two choices from FCD.

Then you need about 8 players to fill in the developmental roster in all kinds of positions.

15. SoftTackle

SoftTackle Member

Jan 16, 2004
    Missoula, MT
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Future FC Dallas midfielder/defender (I hope) Hunter Freeman will be playing tonight at 6pm on College Sports TV against Duke. So you can get some early scouting in if you want.

16. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh please. In our own way, every single one of us is trouble. Anyone who says otherwise either doens't know it yet, or isn't being truthful with someone. :)

17. gotyourback

gotyourback Member

Jul 18, 2002
    Aurora/Arlington
    Persistent efforts at recombining with women bears fruit.

:)

18. Scipio Gothicus

Aug 6, 2001
    Cabo San Lucas
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What rubbish. You romantic fools. Love. A blip on the screen of involuntary human response, a hiccough of emotion compared to envy, lust...hatred. And who was this Saint Valentine? A bishop, Roman, second century, got his head sliced off--ouch--for marrying lovers against his Emperor's decree. You see, Claudius the Second thought that men made better soldiers unmarried. And you say that love conquers all? Well, not for me, not for you, Saint Valentine, not for any of the heartbroken. Just say no to love. A book and an electric blanket will give you more satisfaction every time. Never give them your heart.

Furthur, note that FCD has two picks in the first round, and one in the second. This year, with some glaring holes, the team is in a position to address them in the draft. First, a striker to develop. I tend to doubt that Abe Thompson will be around at the forth pick, so Jamie Watson would be the consolation prize, and he is not a bad one. Especially since he would work best next to a target man, and FCD's MPA may very well be going that way.

Another position of concern is left back. Although Gbandi made tremendous strides last year, and, by the end of the season, it was manned very effectivly, it might be nice to have someone else there. I think Kevin Goldthaite out of Notre Dame is a fantastic player. Big, not great speed, but nobody will run past him. Smart guy, very coachable. Dangerous in attack, solid in defense, and can switch for attack to defense very quickly.

With the third pick in the second round, from Chicago, I think left wing should be addressed. Why not in the first round? First, if you have been watching MLS for a while, you will know that both Eric Quill and Brad Davis can play. Last year, these players both had poor years, but I think that one will win the spot and play effectivly. If not, I think Milton Reyes could play this spot if he and CC had confidence in the player behind him, so grab Kevin first. Whom to pick? I like Corey Ashe, but he is apparently staying in school. Take the best left wing out there, but I do not have a name.

After that, just take the best players out there, we have a second side to take care of. After, of course, trading a third round pick to El Lay for Ryan Suarez.

Cheers!
    Sir Drinxalot

19. BulaJacket

BulaJacket Member

Columbus Crew (hometown), Minnesota United (close ties), Colorado Rapids (now home), Jacksonville Armada (ties)
    United States
    May 9, 2003
    Ashtabula, OH / Denver, CO / MN / Jax
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This would be nice.

20. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This joke was used against me by Chitcago fans back in the day when I'd talk sh!t to them. But nice try ;) , I wasn't going to respond to let the topic get back on, well, topic haha but my ladies are clean and they see their share of Burn games. The Inferno can vouge for me, I bring 'em and will continue to.

Ok taking the topic back on topic......ummm.......ummmm......yea getting Suarez back would be cool.

21. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if they will replay the game....

If Virginia is playing Duke on TV you can see more than Just Freeman, not the is he not worth watching. In fact many of you may have seen him playing or Texas Spurs here a couple seasons ago.

Duke:
    Nigi Adogwa a forward from T&T was their offensive MVP in 03 and while he has not been the main force this year he has scored some goals and is a Sr.
    Blake Camp is a big tall central mid and a Jr. He might be a possible P40 and had 9 gls and 6 ast this year.
    Danny Kramer is another Jr midfeilder who led Duke in scoring with 9 gls and 7 ast.
    Kyle Helton a soph defender of the U17 team.

They have a stunning freshman group....
    Spencer Wadsworth is a McDonalds all american and from here locally, played for Texans 86. Scored 7 gls with 9 ast this year at Duke.
    Michael Videira is a mifdilder off the US U14, U16, U17, and now U20. 4 gls and 14 ast.ACC Rookie of the Year
    Tomek Charowski is a midfielder also formally of Texans and starts about half their games. He scored 4 gls, with 10 asts.
    and defender Tim Jepson started every game.

Virginia... other than Freeman
    Adam Cristman soph forward scored 9 goals, and was something like a 3 time high school all american.
    Matt Oliver was 1st team all ACC and is a 5th yr senior, and a 4th year starter going to the MLS combine.

freshmen Nico Colaluca 2nd team all-acc and former U.S. Under-14, 15, 16, 17, 18 and 20, and all world in high school.
    soph Will Hall is a former US U18, who had a solid season.
    sr forward Mike Littlefield was a real stud at coastal carolina and has had a couple solid years at Virginia... not going to combine but someone might take him for their reserve team. Someone like DC maybe.

22. gotyourback

gotyourback Member

Jul 18, 2002
    Aurora/Arlington
    Actually, Love, Peace and Joy transcend and are unopposed. When we interconnect, each of us can experience this in the highest expression... our lives. Scipio; are you burning Rome because of delusion?.. or is it because the outside world effects change in your cause?

Would Ryan distract the possible growth of Gibbs' leadership capabilities?

I was impressed with this guy's touch in scoring position. One to watch.

23. SoftTackle

SoftTackle Member

Jan 16, 2004
    Missoula, MT
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Tuesday at 11am, according to my Tivo.

Freeman can put in a helluva cross off free kicks. Learned that much about him from the portions of the game I watched.

24. terp fan

terp fan New Member

Nov 21, 2000
    I didn't see the game but my sources say the first Duke goal was completely Hunter's fault but that he put 5-6 crosses in that could have been finfished. I think we will see him come out as a P-40 but he's a couple of years away from having an impact although the reserve teams will certainly help him progress.

25. jeffenbauer

jeffenbauer Member

Jul 17, 2002
    dallas, tx
    Oh man, my feeble attempts at wit and humor were previously spewed by chitcago fans? "Don't I feel like a fVcking a$$hole!" I might as well start wearing women's clothes too.