mls cup

Discussion in 'MLS: Clubs' started by MLS SupaStr3, Nov 11, 2003.

1. MLS SupaStr3

MLS SupaStr3 New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    NJ
    dont u guys think that for the mls cup tournament, that the teams should get special patches to wear? it makes the games more special and its done all over the world in sports. baseball has a world series patch on, football has a superbowl patch, no clue bout basketball though. in europe in the champions league they do this too. i think it makes all the post season games more special...

2. Mike T

Mike T Member

May 21, 2002
    Miami
    As you build it, it will come....(Mystique)

MLS and its mystique is a work in progress... right now what your talking about is just minutia.

With each and every year the MLS championship/playoff series games gains a bit more mystique.

Watch tommow's match and enjoy the match. Thats what you should worry about. That type of minutia will come with each additional year.

Have a great time tommorrow. Its gona take bigger mirracle that San Jose's on Saturday to beat the Fire.

PS: Based on what we have seen. A Fire vs Earthquakes Championship should be a classic for the ages. Good futbol! in a gorgeous stadium.

3. MLS SupaStr3

MLS SupaStr3 New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    NJ
    i watched the games but i think its the little things that sometimes make matches and tournaments special.

4. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    I thought they got patches on their sleeves.

5. str8ruckus

str8ruckus New Member

Sep 10, 2001
    Phoenix, Az US
    They get patches, usually on the sleeve. The League might change it this year and put them by the crest, but I think they'll stay on one of the sleeves.

6. MLS SupaStr3

MLS SupaStr3 New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    NJ
    nah im not talkin bout the regular season patches, im talking about getting special patches for just the MLS cup playoffs

7. str8ruckus

str8ruckus New Member

Sep 10, 2001
    Phoenix, Az US
    I was talking about an MLS Cup Final patch.

8. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    The MLS Cup champion should get a special MLS patch on their sleeve for the following year..... every other league does tis, so should MLS.

9. Partizan_fc

Partizan_fc New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    New York City
    why were there so many empty seats at the mls cup? they said it was sold out but you could obviously tell from tv it wasnt.

they should have the cup games at night. they look nicer and will draw more people. they players dont have to deal with the sun in their eyes either.

10. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS doesn't have the clout to dictate to ABC when to televise the match. They take the time they can get.
    The shadows were a big drawback for the broadcast, but what can you do?
    The match was sold out. If some people chose to get out of the sun and stand somewhere else, and some other people chose not to use their ticket at all, there isn't much you can do about it.

11. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    I agree.....

12. CARLOS1

CARLOS1 Member

Aug 9, 2001
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you were at the final that day you would've wanted it to be during the day. The weather was awesome for getting boozed up and there were some lovelies walking around as well.

13. IBleedTeal

IBleedTeal Member+

Jun 2, 2001
    Yves Fiat
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Agreeing with your own post? Weaksauce.

As for your first post, every MLS cup champion has added a star to its uniform. San Jose will have two silver stars instead of one above their crest, and I know LA and KC have done similar things. Not sure about Chicago. I can see why you may have questions about this as your Metrostars havn't done anything worthy of a patch/star.