MLS Cup Viewing in Boston?

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by dfb547490, Nov 16, 2003.

1. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    Will the OverDraught have it?? I'm looking to watch the game with people who will understand my joy when my boys bring home the Cup...and I'm sure you Revs fans wouldn't mind helping me cheer on anyone playing the Fire...any bars showing the game in Boston/Brookline/Cambridge/etc.??

2. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I'm cheering quakes but it is not becasue Fire defeated Revs. I'm sure some people in NE are like me.

Some people are actually for Fire as they represent "East"

3. GPK

GPK BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 5, 1999
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This will be a tough sell on an NFL sunday

4. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    Any news at all??

MLS Cup is at 3:30, meaning it would conflict with both the 1 pm and 4 pm NFL games (smart move, guys :rolleyes:)...any word on the OverDraught??

5. Weber King

Weber King Member

Sep 28, 2001
    North Andover, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's a sunday. Thus football rules. The Pats are playing Houston. That game takes precidence over everything else when it comes to what the bar wants to show.

For the 4 people who would watch the cup match between two teams that the majority of people would have no vested interest in is asking a bit much from the OverDraught. If the Revs were playing, this would not be an issue as we'd assuredly fill the place up and justify the use of the big screen.

In other words, forget it.