MLS Cup ticket situation

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by cpwilson80, Sep 5, 2002.

1. cpwilson80

cpwilson80 Member+

Mar 20, 2001
    Boston
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey guys,

Here is my situation...any help will be much appreciated.

I live in Boston these days and heading out to MLS Cup is in the plans. However, if there is a group of Quake fans in the crowd, I want to be sitting with you guys. Is there a section of the stadium that is reserved for teams? Has Club Quake/Casbah had any contact with reps in New England?

Thanks,
    Charles

2. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last year, we (season ticket holders) got mail from the Quakes with offers to buy tickets, and all of the tickets were in the same section. I haven't seen anything similar this year (yet - maybe it's still coming).

There was some concern last year that the game would sell out as Columbus is a smaller stadium. Do you know if Gillette will open more sections than a typical Revs game so that plenty of tickets will be available?

3. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    I'm starting to get concerned about this. At this point last year, C-bus had already held their "lottery" for tix and assigned seats. This year, I've heard nothing (nor been mailed any order forms).

My friend Phil from Massachusetts, who's a Midnight Rider (Revs support group) just emailed me to see if I wanted him to get some tix for me, as the pre-sale for Revs fans ends soon. According to him, tix go on sale to the general public soon, like next week. Does this mean the Revs and/or Gillette don't want to deal with team-specific sections and that ticketing is a free-for-all?

All I know is that at MLS Cup '96, the last time I went to a game at Foxboro (the old one), there didn't seem to be "sections" of specific fans anywhere except for Revs fans. Fortunately, we had tix right smack in the middle of a huge section of Latin American fans vehemently rooting against LA, so it wasn't all that bad... ;)

4. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm hoping that the "lottery" won't be necessary, as they can open up more sections in Gillette if they need more seats to sell.

But I think it would be much better to get a group of tickets for Quakes fans than to get tickets through the Riders or any other New England fans. We should be able to get a block of tickets after they go on sale. I don't expect it will sell out, and most of the local fans will have already bought their tickets, most likely.

We can take it up for discussion at the Club Quake tailgate this weekend. I know Pat (events@clubquake.org) is focused on the LA roadtrip right now, but maybe there will be another volunteer to run with this.

5. Turcs

Turcs Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Wake Forest, NC
    Pat has made a few calls to the Revs. I'm not certain what the response is.

Making a plan at the tailgate Saturday is a good idea (just clue me in if I don't make it).

Mike