MLS Cup Post Game Thread (R)

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by SirFozzie, Nov 12, 2006.

1. eastex

eastex New Member

Jul 22, 2005
    Nacogdoches, TX
    Just wanted to drop in and give you guys who were at the game some props -The atmosphere looked awesome on TV! Supporter's groups are getting bigger and louder every year, and it's great to see. I think you hardcore fans are doing more to attract players like Beckham, Figo, Ronaldo, etc. to MLS than the league office is. I guarantee you that the current players really appreciate it as well.

I thought the game was great - hard challenges, excellent goalkeeping, and a couple of clutch goals. Although I'm pissed that the Revs lost, I can't help but feel encouraged that MLS Cup is getting bigger and better each season.

P.S. Go easy on Heaps, Noonan, and Dempsey - I'm sure those guys are being harder on themselves than any of you could ever be.

2. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Come to think of it, my roommate wore his Clemens jersey during the game. Must've been it.

/sarcasm

3. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From various things heard this weekend, it'll be at RFK.

4. a517dogg

a517dogg Member+

Oct 30, 2005
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    New England Revolution

Well at least I'll get to go to it ... seriously that is such a retarded decision, RFK is falling apart.

5. Eliezar

Eliezar Member+

Jan 27, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

PKs suck.

You guys were pretty loud at times during the game and that was impressive all things considered. The TV broadcast did not due justice to the crowd noise except at times when they mic'd up the Houston supporters or the University of Houston band.

After the first 20 minutes you guys slightly outplayed the Dynamo, but Twellman and Ching both botched their first golden chances in regulation. I'm at least glad for Twellman that he finally got a goal. Maybe finally scoring in a final will get that monkey off your back.

Sorry to hear there were a few incidents with Houston supporters at the game. I am guessing that there were just too many beers before noon for some of those guys. The Revs fans I talked to were all quite cool and I wish you guys luck next year.

Did I mention that PKs suck?

6. dncm

dncm Member+

Apr 22, 2003
    Boston
  7. ngower

ngower foolish grin

May 24, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    That's what I was thinking, usually after the few replays they show the kickoff, but after the replays they showed Ching.

8. jmsullivan

jmsullivan Member

Sep 14, 2000
    Fairhaven Ma.
    I only wish it was young kids doing that kind of talk. I find it hard to imagine that an adult could hate a 20 something year old, because of how he plays football. Sadly we have a few among us who do the same.

My tickets are ordered for next season, and I really hope that ass hat Meola comes to town. I hate him. :rolleyes:

9. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    I feel bad for NE players because they are a great team.

I don't think Heaps was a hot head Sunday. He conciously tried to fake the keeper by angling his body away on the approach like he was going to go to his right. Problem was, Onstadt guessed to the left side and Heaps couldn't get much on the shot because he was going across his body to cut it back left.

They both gambled and it worked out in Onstadt's favor.

I think Noonan's miss was worse. Blame him or Nicol more than Heaps.

10. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    If any of the Rev players deserve blame, then it's Reis. He only saved one PK shot and only scored one PK. :rolleyes: What's up with that ?