MLS Cup planning -- Get tickets to MLS Cup in the Supporter's Section

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Dre00, Nov 11, 2007.

1. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    There aren't really many 100 sections available to start with. If you got those sections on extreme left they wouldn't have anywhere to put NE cos even if we returned tickets and they put them bastards behind us that um.. wouldn't be a good idea.

Instead you got spot that's way closer to midfield. 234 is section directly behind us in this pic (Barra is group on right of midfield line). It's not bad place to be (if DC was in cup we would have 135-138, 234-236).

Now if you want DC FO to magically create stands I can't help you. And if you expect incompetent MLS to do anything I can't help you either :D

2. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    I'm no expert on reading seating charts, but it looks like there is a whole other row of 100's sections on the opposite side of the stadium. Unless those are being bought out buy DC season ticket holders I don't see why they couldn't have been set aside some of those for one of the supporters groups. Having one group in the 127 area and the other in the 101 area should have been the plan from the start.

That would require competence though.

3. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    .....or rented alumminum bleacher stands placed right behind the two goals. All this to specifically cover all the bases as far as ticket buying customers needs as it gets the supporter sections isolated by team, it gets the supporters right next to the field and very visible on TV.

C'mon Kevin Payne, tell MLS HQ how to make even more money inside RFK. If they don't listen then that's on them.

4. Dynamo Dave

Dynamo Dave Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Rural East Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I say, since we dont sit anyway, We can jamb people in 2 deep per row,requiring the seats to be used.:rolleyes:

5. nobius

nobius BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah aluminum bleachers would be a great idea with TA/EB there. ;)

6. gocaps

gocaps Member

Sep 23, 2000
    With the SEs in 134
    Those seats on the other side ("The Quiet Side" we call it in DC) are loaded with season ticket holders. As nobius mentioned, our fans bought a ton of tickets in advance - with sales helped along by the fact that we had high hopes for being in the game ourselves this year. I'd bet most of the 100-level seats - on all sides - were gone weeks ago.

The exception is that 127 corner, which doesn't have too many season ticketholders and was held out by the team as a supporters section for the final. I'd guess that if it was a Houston-DC final, you guys would have been placed over there. But the option is either putting you guys there and NE in the corner near SE and BB - which, as BBB mentioned, would not have worked because of the DC-NE rivalry - or the other way around. In a lot of ways, you guys are getting screwed because DC fans respect you a lot more :)

7. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    I'll just say that I disagree about it not being possible to be on the other side and I think the DC front office screwed this one up royally.

We'll end up where we end up and bring it from there, 100's, 200's, or 500's.

Vamos Dynamo!
    We're taking the Cup!

8. Offebacher

Offebacher Member

May 14, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This whole thing is rather silly.

Ticket for MLS Cup: Check
    Airplane Ticket: Check
    Hotel: Check
    Good Friends: Check
    Drink: Check
    Dynamo playing for MLS Cup: BIG CHECK

Being there (100's, 200's, 500's or 10000's irrelevant): Priceless

9. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got to say a couple of things...

first of all, I sort of disagree with all the people that say they don't care if they're not on tv. I personally don't want to be on tv, but I want the group to be seen. I don't want people to think the Revs out support their team. I know, it doesn't matter that anybody but the team knows it, but I hate the thought of the announcers talking about the great support of the Revs, and we're up in some dark corner somewhere screaming our hearts out and nobody hears or see us.

but that said, when you watch the game from last year, although you saw a lot of orange it wasn't like you really noticed the TA/EB too often anyway. And the Revs were down near the field and you seldom saw them either. In the long run, it's probably not a big deal.

And I really expect to see lots of orange all over the stadium. I have lots of friends that tell me they are in front row in different sections, they're taking flags and signs and stuff. We'll be seen, that's for sure.

And besides, we're going to the cup. We're going to win the cup. This is great!!!

10. KGDG2005

KGDG2005 Member

Feb 13, 2005
    Arlington VA
    Supporters' Cup Info

I am not sure that this is the appropriate thread (I was going to put it in the one relating to getting sauced, however it was drifting into MLS Rivalries territory), but I thought I would pass along a chunk of Jason's Press Release from yesterday to give folks some more info on the 2007 version of the Supporters' Cup:

Hope those of you who arrive in time can join in the fun!

KGDG
    Come On United (States and DC)
    www.screaming-eagles.com
    Who's taking home the 2007 Supporters' Cup?

11. Offebacher

Offebacher Member

May 14, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That sounds pretty cool and a worthwhile cause.

12. Dynamo Dave

Dynamo Dave Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Rural East Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

13. zolafan

zolafan Member

Aug 10, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Supporters' Cup Info

btw, Ricardo Clark participated in Soccer In The Streets as a kid, he mentioned it during a Glenn Davis show last year as a program he still supports...

14. ORANGER!!

ORANGER!! Member

Nov 14, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    can i still get a tick or two?

15. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

16. KGDG2005

KGDG2005 Member

Feb 13, 2005
    Arlington VA

Outstanding! That is something I did not know. I had heard about Kiki Willis, but not Ricardo.

BTW, Soccer in the Streets already has a footprint in the Houston area:

Houston, TX
    Santos M. Zuniga, Program Director
    607 East Heaton
    Cuero, TX 77954

In case you folks want to help them out in the future as well!

KGDG
    Come On United (States and DC)
    www.screaming-eagles.com
    Spread the passion for the World's Game!

17. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Bleacher stands right behind the goal worked for us Houston supporters in College Station James.

Appeared to work out very well for our guys on the field as we won 2-0 that night.

If the freakin Aggies can be innovative with temp bleachers behind soccer goals then I woulda thought MLS and DCU would have as well. Oh well.

That's cool about the Soccer in the Streets for the Supporters Tournament.

I communicated with Zuniga several years ago about getting this really going in Houston. Then when Rico mentioned it like Zola stated, it reignited my intrest in getting Soccer In the Streets going ofr our very large metro area. I used to coach in the inner city and I know the talent level that is there. It just takes a leader and Zuniga is out in BFE Cuero and doesn't do anything in Houston.

18. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have to say I'm embarrassed and I take back anything I said about wanting to be on tv. Being on tv sucks. Who would want that?

Actually, I think I said that it was only bad if the Revs were in the camera shots more than us because it would make it look like they had more support, at least to the casual tv viewer. And that would be so wrong.

But somebody on the Revs boards posted about how we were over here whining about being out of tv range. How all we wanted to do was wave at the cameras. Well, I think I was the only one that might have said anything like that. Everybody else was saying the don't give a bleep bleep (well, they didn't exactly say "bleep") about tv exposure. Then I said I sort of cared about it, but that it really wasn't a big deal. So I guess it's my fault, and I take it all back. :eek::eek::rolleyes:

19. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo

Get your quotes straight, I said I don't give a shyt about cameras :p

20. schwabe13

schwabe13 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    in the best MLS town
    Yes, you are a bad, bad person :rolleyes:
    Make up for it, sing extra loud at the game, for at least 90 minutes...
    Shame on you !!!
    :cool:

21. jmalbright

jmalbright New Member

Jul 5, 2006
    Houston
    Anyone else besides me not heard back from DC Office People? (mike I believe his name is).....

I ordered tickets on MLSNET.com for a friend (3 to be exact)....save the "thank you for ordering screen" it hasn't hit the AMEX or no emails have been sent. I have called and left 2 voice mails with no returned calls. I am getting concerned that we will have people show up and they say they never received it and that we should have called.

Any insight? Am I supposed to receive an email confirmation?

I received the email regarding the 2 I ordered from the dyanmo site, thanks by the way.

22. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, what are you trying to imply...;)

All I can tell you is that as of early this week, they had 100 orders for people who ordered through MLSnet to be in the Houston Supporters section and they were going to place them in whatever section we were in. They know now we're in 234 so I imagine they are getting everyone transferred over there. That's about all I know.

23. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    For the newbies: "What to expect in the Supporter's Section":

#1) TA/EB always treats the Supporter's Section as General Admission. No one cares that you have a ticket that says Row 1, Seat 1 & 2. If you care that much get in there first to claim your seat.

#2) We will stand the entire game!

#3) You will expected to clap, sing, chant at all times! You may get Dre or myself yelling at you to "fkn jump/clap/sing". You may even be told to "shut the fk up" if you start a chant in the middle of one of our "mainstay chants". Nothing personal, but this isn't a free-for-all.

#4) Our mission on Sunday is to let the team know we are there for them. This will be difficult because of 2 reasons: we're in the 200s and we'll be out-numbered by NER fans. Our job is to transfer what we did in 213 and 214 at the home play-off games to RFK. If we do this we will not have a problem outcheering the NER fans.

#5) If you don't like the above rules or if you don't like me......be a more active TA member and come vote me out when the general elections come back around. Otherwise fkn bring it on Sunday like never before!!!!!!

24. schwabe13

schwabe13 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    in the best MLS town
    You 're just a mean person and make all these people stand and sing all game long .. just mean !!!

25. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    perhaps i should wear one of these in the section:

[​IMG]

anyone have one laying around? ;) jajajajajajajajajajaja. i can't wait Schwabe....this is going to be awesome!!!!