MLS Cup planning -- Get tickets to MLS Cup in the Supporter's Section

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Dre00, Nov 11, 2007.

1. schwabe13

schwabe13 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    in the best MLS town
    No matter of their numbers, we'll outsing them ! Take my word

2. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Speaking of which......I'm still in, right?? :confused:

I just get nervous :p

3. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't say you did.

You're more than welcome too.

4. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I posted in MLS General yesterday that MLS League Officials could have paid DCU and RFK Ops to install temporary stands behind both goals for MLS Cup '07.

Did you go top the USA vs Honduras WCQ from the HEX in '01 K? Someone thought it was cool to have the fans right behind the goal and I do not recall seeing it since for any big match at RFK. Perhaps your FO has done it since that WCQ with Honduras but if DCU FO has not then this rematch of us Houston and England New folks would have been ideal!
    Moreso cuz the baseball set up took out the stands so that there is no seating behind both goals now.

5. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    I didn't say that you did said I did.

6. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, now many did we have last year?

And like I've been saying, I know a lot of people that just got tickets from other sources, they're not in the Dynamo section but they'll be wearing orange.

7. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was at the Hondo game (I can't recall another game where they put in temp seats after that). From what I understand, this is an MLS event so I believe they and not DCU would have had to make the call re adding seats. There will be reps from MLS at our events so why not ask them about their decisions.

K

8. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Was it MLS or DC reps that decided to give New England fans front row seats and put Houston behind DC fans?

Those are the people that I want to talk to.

9. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re deciding who got seated where I'm not 100%.

If this game was DCU-Houston you'd all be in the 500s! Don't worry about being seen, you'll stand out next to all of our black and red. Do bring a cap with a brim or sunglasses because that is the sunny side of the field.

K

10. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Is it going to rain???

11. schwabe13

schwabe13 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    in the best MLS town
    Yes, but just on you and your sombrero ...:cool:

12. KGDG2005

KGDG2005 Member

Feb 13, 2005
    Arlington VA
    [​IMG]

Just wanted to jump in to quickly give an update from this post earlier in the thread.

I now have 26 tickets left for Houston supporters in the Aerie (thanks to folks who were willing to be moved elsewhere in the stadium) who want their tickets emailed directly to them. Folks have seemed pretty pleased to have 100 level seats in hand for the match and it is a pleasure to be of help.

If you have any questions, feel free to send a note to outreach@screaming-eagles.com and I will try and respond as quickly as I can.

Y'all have a safe trip!

KGDG
    Come On United (States and DC)
    www.screaming-eagles.com
    Hup Hup Oranje

13. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Thanks KGDG :p

I can't have that !!!

14. schwabe13

schwabe13 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    in the best MLS town
    Just tell Bandida, to buy for you a full body condom, which covers your sombrero as well ...;)
    PS :I think, we 're slightly off topic ...

15. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Water? Don't think so? Confetti? beer? I'd plan for that!

K

16. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Wait. So these tickets in 100 level seats did not go to people who bought tickets through the Houston supporter's groups?

This whole thing is making less and less sense to me.

17. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    KGDG2005 has control over 139 for all games, the tickets not being used by them are being offered to Houston fans for this game.

18. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    But this game is not DCU-Houston. I've been to RFK for DCU-Houston. We were treated like visiting fans. Not badly but as visiting fans. That was fine. This is the MLS Cup. Being played between two teams neither of which is DC United.

I couldn't care less about being seen. I do care that we are not being treated equally or fairly.

19. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Which Houston fans? The ones who went through the TA or directly to KGDG?

He says "Folks have seemed pretty pleased to have 100 level seats in hand for the match and it is a pleasure to be of help." Which folks are these?

20. nobius

nobius BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whomever buys them. He buys all the season tickets in that section for the year (read his link, it's a cool idea) as well as MLS Cup. He's just offering them at face value to Houston fans as well for those who haven't bought tickets in the Supporters' section. He had offered them earlier to us but our group was too large to buy them.

The main problem is that DC actually has fans that buy tickets early, unlike Frisco last year. So all those DC fans bought tickets well in advance of MLS Cup (I think 30K were sold before the playoffs had started), leaving less space for NE & Houston fans to buy. Dallas had the foresight to not sell the EC and WC fan sections beforehand unlike DC. That's how I was able to get a ticket on the front row. ;)

I agree that it's bullshit that NE fans get a section on the bottom and Houston fans are higher up. DC should have kept those sections off-limits to STHs but chose not to.

21. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alright, I'll try and explain what I've been having to deal with for the past 2 or 3 days. TA/EB took 143 orders for tickets and there were about 100 people who ordered online to stand in the supporters section. Unfortunately, there aren't 243 seats available in any of the 100 sections. They are mostly taken by either Revs fans, BB or SE. Obviously, there are a few seats here and there but nothing big enough to fit nearly 250 people without dividing the group massively. My guess is that DC didn't expect the winner of the Houston/KC game to bring such a large supporter's section and so they filled up most of the 100s. We're getting screwed out of the 100s because they underestimated us and because SE and BB fill up most of the 100s. It definitely sucks...I agree...and everyone has a right to complain.

In any case, we had to come up with alternative. In speaking with the FO, BB etc, there didn't seem to be many sections that had that number of empty seats. BB had sold very few of their tickets in 234 and it can actually hold the 243 people who specifically requested to stand in the supporter's section without splitting up the group. Additional space in 233 and 235 allows for overflow should the need arise. Under the circumstances, it's the best that we could come up with.

So, there you have it.

22. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I'm not going to biatch, as long as I see my team beat the crap out of them tighty panties. and as long as I get to stand with all of you guys, I'll be happy :p

p.s.

I have my two tickets reseved right?? :mad:

23. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Thank you, Dre00.

I want to make sure that everyone understands that I'm not complaining about any action by the TA people that are working on this on our behalf.

The blame lies elsewhere.

24. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As I said, we are going to tear this motherfaucker to the ground.

25. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is the MLS cup not considered a neutral field?? That is what confuses me.