MLS Cup Final Tickets

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by OneTerryHurlock, Nov 18, 2012.

1. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Sigh. There is no need. 1500 ticket allotment sold. What business spends time and money unnecessarily. It does not add value at this time.

2. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You think the Packers needed to worry about selling Super Bowl tix? Or any team? It's about offering something different to the fans or STHs. If it's all about just ditching the allotment because they are worried about being stuck with tickets to dump then sending out a link that gets passed around to scalpers and anyone else is the way to go (I already saw someone offering 8 tickets on StubHub for one of the Dynamo sections, which happened to be the purchase limit on the link).

3. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    So you are back to the packers getting paid by the "official travel agency of the team." It is NOT about offering something different, is about selling sponsorship to travel agencies and fulfilling their obligation to them. They have no need for travel agencies other than the Money they pay. You have talked around two options;

1) The team contact a travel agency to organize some travel package. Since this would likely need to be discounted to attract fans the margins get eaten up. But, since the Dynamo only have 1500 tickets AND BY THE way are not the ones selling them, it would be a colossal waste of effort and time. Especially since they sold out. Could they have done it - sure but I am not sure why.
    2) Have a travel agency partnered with the team like the Packers or the Giants as you have brought up. Those agencies pay a crap load of money as sponsors in exchange for the "official" name and a link on the website as well as access to tickets. There is little to zero chance an agency is going to see any return on investment by paying to be a sponsor in MLS at this point.
    3) I ignored the bus and charter idea for the reasons above, no need - waste of time and money.

Not sure why you bring scalped tickets into this, you are as obsessed with the scalper as you are homeless people. They should just bring all sales in house to stop that . .oh wait . . . already do.

4. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll go back to this post first. Under that logic there are probably 20 things the team could stop spending money that don't bring a quantifiable benefit or bring value "at this time" - community outreach, time spent producing pre-game videos no one watches, Dynamo Insider, etc. Using your logic, you might as well cut radio & TV broadcasts to incentivize more home ticket sales and not waste the time and expense televising road games since the team gets no revenue from that. Maybe clean the BBVA Compass bathrooms less because, hell, we've got 12,000 STHs and they have to piss somewhere, right?

Seriously, I could argue that the Dynamo is spending money unnecessarily to broadcast a game from Colorado on FS Houston Plus that probably has low single-digit thousands watching. What value was added for televising that game?

If you'd like to apply that logic, we can have a franchise run like Colorado circa 2005. They spend money and time on many things that never pay off or are intended to pay off.

Sending out a mass email link for a team allocation of tickets is not a good way to limit tickets to only your supporters. It was probably on Facebook somewhere within an hour. I don't care how easy it was, I'm sure some number of Galaxy fans got that link (tickets were available at least until Monday sometime with it). They can probably check billing zip codes for that. And since it seems pretty apparent that scalpers have STH accounts, I'm going to assume they may have taken a chance on it.

Look, if the Dynamo don't want to consider anything new and reduce the fan-team relationship to cost-benefit alone, they're going to pay for that down the road. As in about 2 years. They have no obligation to do anything.

JC507 repped this.
  5. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    I think what they should do is hold up traffic at the overpriced lots. They can then put all the homeless on the light rail to take them to the awaiting charter flown by a guy wearing a mexico jersey and a US hat. On to LA dropping money on the way. Tickets provided by scalpers and apparently a post game management seminar put on by Colorado.

Your so funny playing the internet antagonist. Thanks for today's issue. I await with bated breathe for tomorrow's problem.

anderson repped this.
  6. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why is it always about the incompetence of the FO with you? And why do you always, always belabor your points to death? A lot of people say you just post things to get a rise out of people. Whatever, you are seriously wasting BS space here, not wasting it like Juve did, but still. I want to read about the trip and the game, not that you think the FO screwed up again. Sure, it would be nice to travel all together on an orange jet, stay at the same hotel and have game tickets and meals all included at a discount price. But I've been to 3 MLS Cups that the Dynamo played in and two others and I got my airline tickets, my hotels, my car rentals, my meals and my game tickets with very little help from the Dynamo. I'm a big boy, I know how to plan things. Are you even going to the game? Would you go if it were a fan special package, or would you find something else to complain about the FO? Just once, ENJOY THE MOMENT my friend.

cougarclaws and JC507 repped this.
  7. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude, you're the one who challenged me to come up with a "major league" team that sets up charters to championship games, and then after I named three off the top of my head, you proceeded to spend numerous posts arguing about the arcane differences between team-organized travel vs. agency travel and the entire business rationale for these trips. Point is, they exist and are numerous (I've been on some and are on the mailing lists) and it appears as if our FO never even thought about it or considered thinking about it. That's their prerogative.

I suggested it would be nice if they offered it or looked at it. No discount requested (these packages are usually more than what you can piece together yourself, but usually have a time advantage). I wasn't suprised they didn't. I was done with it at 9:39 this AM. Someone challenged one of my factual foundations, wanted to debate the economics behind it, with the final rationale that its not worth doing if it doesn't make money (ignoring the vast amount of money and time spent by the Dynamo on things with zero chance of making money - but then not suggesting they stop those!!).

8. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Let's make it no filet at the stadium tomorrow. That should be a good one. :)

9. cougarclaws

cougarclaws Member

May 8, 2006
    Lucky's Pub
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so was everyone who wanted tickets able to get them?

10. redinthemorning

redinthemorning Member+

Apr 26, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know about Liverpool. Since Fenway took over, there haven't been a lot of exotic fan travel opportunities. Those only come when you win games.

#DepressingRITMpost

I've purchased them. I will be able to get them as soon as Beckham's warlock magic wears off and USPS can mail the tickets to the FO.

The_Ponce repped this.
  11. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Breathtaking is the utter arrogance of stating that it appears the FO has not even looked into or thought about organizing group travel. None of us have any idea what they have thought about or looked at.

12. henryo

henryo Member+

Jun 26, 2007
    What is the combined seating capacity in these sections for Dynamo fans?

13. Danwoods

Danwoods Member

Mar 20, 2000
    Bertram, TX, US
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is an interesting topic. I have my tickets and will be leaving from Austin.

Curiosity hit me though. everyone has brilliant ideas on how someone else should make our experience better. Why not pick up the phone and start asking questions? What would it take to get a charter or a bus? Can it be done in the time left before the game? Why complain when the opportunity to make things happen is 10 digits away?

14. shoeless

shoeless Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    As it turns out one of my group cannot go now. So I have an extra ticket. I will sell it for what I paid, $68.25. I figured I would give the BS'ers first right of refusal.

15. tex0313

tex0313 Member

Dec 17, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I heard from a corporate sponsorship guy that Greenstar has asked the Dynamo to replace them if possible.

16. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I nominate T-Mobile. Their spokesperson looks very nice in that pink outfit.

Levy2k6, Heft and The_Ponce repped this.
  17. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Greenstar money problems? Dynamo not lucrative enough? I thought we had a good thing going. :/

18. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Mazda would be a good shirt sponsor.

Fiorentina lives! and JC507 repped this.
  19. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    ahem, CEMEX has their US corporate HQs across from Memorial City.

they may know a thing or two about sponsoring soccer teams.

The Frenchman, Heft and JC507 repped this.
  20. cougarclaws

cougarclaws Member

May 8, 2006
    Lucky's Pub
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just heard that there are still tickets available in the general and supporters sections.

21. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cemex on the sleeve, Mazda on the back, and on the front:

[​IMG]

cougarclaws, Levy2k6, Heft and 1 other person repped this.
  22. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a whole different thread. I almost started it a month ago but we can open that up soon.

23. footyfool

footyfool Member+

May 8, 2008
    Houston
    And Westside shows up with an anti-Mexican rant in...5...4...3...2...1

The_Ponce, Heft and *rey* repped this.
  24. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No idea how Greenstar is doing financially but it was a poor fit from the beginning. Made little sense other than the CEO was a soccer fan and they offered the Dynamo the most money. I know I'm a jerk but I mocked the absurd "synergies" or tie-ins that the FO tried to claim existed between the team and a commercial (non-retail) recycler. They just probably offered the most. It was like George Costanza suggesting Snow Tire Day at Yankee Stadium.

troutseth and Heft repped this.
  25. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently there's trouble in trash city

http://www.independent.ie/business/...nd-exboss-of-us-arm-has-date-set-3297143.html