MLS CUP CHAMPIONS 2024 ROSTER THREAD

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by TrueCrew, Dec 11, 2023.

1. Paul171121

Paul171121 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 14, 2018
    I have a feeling with Tall in, things will be a little more close to the chest. Reports might have to be from league or agent sources rather than the team.

Not sure how Veth got his information. He can be hit or miss.

2. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He’s German and knows a lot about German transfers. He’s also lived in the US and now Vancouver I believe, so he pays attention to MLS.

soccerncbus and Paul171121 repped this.
  3. crew2112

crew2112 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Dayton, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Many times the Dispatch, either Arace or the reporter du jour, would quote a “team source”. I always took that as Bez spreading the news. It was always good news for the Club/fans but maybe outside league regulations. I’m hoping they can find a new source now that Bez is out.

4. soccerncbus

soccerncbus Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 29, 2018
  5. soccerncbus

soccerncbus Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 29, 2018
    I’m sure Issa will continue doing just that. It’s smart work to feed the main publication in town your big (positive) news before official club statements come out. You give them exclusive reporting which makes their job easier and makes them view you more favorably.

Kryptonite and TRUJDUB21 repped this.
  6. TRUJDUB21

TRUJDUB21 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Sep 28, 2021
    With Morris gone hopefully Taha can get a few more minutes as he seems to be a back up to Nagbe. A lot will depend on who we add at CM in this summer window. But I definitely want to see him more and keep Nagbe fresh by resting him more. The player who is also in front of Taha is Zawadzki and that won’t change this season but if Zawadzki is helping the back line than Taha should get a few more opportunities.

7. TRUJDUB21

TRUJDUB21 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Sep 28, 2021
    I’m hoping and it’s a long shot but I’ll say it again perhaps Saputo is a dumb @$$ even more than we thought (is that possible ?) and we trade Mățan to MTL for Choinière. Clearly we would have to give them some money, draft picks or something to make it feasible.

8. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How common are actual player trades in MLS anymore? It’s seemed to me that the league has trended toward buying players, or player swaps + money where the players moving aren’t necessarily equal. That is, one team gets a potential starter, while the other get prospects.

TRUJDUB21 repped this.
  9. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guys like Ives Galarcep, Steven Goff and Tom Bogert are often the ones who break player movement info and the team always gets some talk about how stupid it is that the team leaks to them but almost never to our people.

But in reality it's almost certainly someone at MLS who pa@es on that stuff since everything has to be cleared by them before its a fact.

It might be preferable for someone at the Crew FO to pick up the phone and give Ararace or whomever the heads up but it's obvious why they dont.

TRUJDUB21 and TrueCrew repped this.
  10. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. soccerncbus

soccerncbus Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 29, 2018
    The MLS website is focused on league affiliated competitions. It’s good for that but nothing else. Transfermarkt is generally the best source for statistics in general.

Ball Kicker repped this.
  12. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This may be heresy, but am I the only one who thinks that Schulte has not looked all that sharp the last couple of games?

On the plus side, Cuchos PK was as nice a hit as you'll see anywhere.

TRUJDUB21 and LastOfEleven repped this.
  13. soccerncbus

soccerncbus Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 29, 2018
    I thought he was quite good playing out of the back, but yea he didn’t look his sharpest.

14. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The D generally has not been at it's best. GK included.

Losing Morris right when fixture congestion is at its worst in July is not gonna help.

Hopefully we get some much nedded reinforcements beyond Chambost.

TRUJDUB21 repped this.
  15. soccerncbus

soccerncbus Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 29, 2018
    We were losing Morris at least 2 weeks in July regardless due to the Olympics. So this doesn’t really change much on that front.

16. Paul171121

Paul171121 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 14, 2018
    We don't play an MLS game during the olympics

17. soccerncbus

soccerncbus Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 29, 2018
    Not during, but he definitely would have missed the Atlanta game on the 20th with the US having their opening game on the 24th. The Charlotte game on the 17th would also be a potential miss as well.

Paul171121 repped this.
  18. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unless we acquire a player(s) from within MLS, I doubt any reinforcements will arrive and be ready to contribute during July. The window doesn’t open until July 18.

19. hungariansteven

hungariansteven Member+

May 29, 2012
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    According to Manuel Veth- we are close to acquiring midfielder Aziel Jackson from St. Louis (
    )

TRUJDUB21, TrueCrew, 96er and 1 other person repped this.
  20. DrunkandDisorderly

Mar 17, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Is this our Morris replacement?

21. MFRONE

MFRONE Member+

Jul 24, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    He’s more of an attacking midfielder

22. 96er

96er Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Columbus
    Aziel Jackson is 22 year old winger/midfielder who's mostly been used off the bench as a spark plug in St Louis. Ive been very impressed with what little Ive seen of him, and think he could really cook in Nancys system.

23. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looking to replace Hinestroza already, sheesh.

24. TRUJDUB21

TRUJDUB21 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Sep 28, 2021
    We need depth calm down he is 22 so is he a u22 signee ?

25. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1850 TrueCrew, Jun 17, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2024
    He isn't a Senior player, but then, neither was Morris until last year.

He has started in 8 of his 16 appearances for STL this year (0 G/1 A). 10th on STL in minutes. In 25 appearances and 12 starts last year, he had 1 G + 4 A, and two USOC goals.

Was an MLS Next Pro best XI two years ago. I believe he is a HG.

Here is an article on him from last season:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/aziel-jackson-soccer-music-a-dream-unite-at-st-louis-city

He is Olympic eligible, a Supplemental player, who is a rotational starter for STL, spent some time with Tolouse in France.

This is likely the price for us giving up our rights to their DP target. A young, developmental piece for Nancy who can play some right now. Not necessarily a penciled in starter.

I like it. Gets us some help now. Player with some upside. Not a DP or U22 atm.

zman31 and DrunkandDisorderly repped this.