Pre-match: MLS Cup 2012: Houston Dynamo @ LA Galaxy - Sat December 1st, 3:30pm CST

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Art Vandaley, Nov 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DANNO49

DANNO49 Member

Feb 6, 2001
    Hawthorne CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A heads up. Los Xolos of Tijauna are playing the second leg of the apetura final on Sunday the 2nd. Two finals one weekend 90 minutes apart. Life is good

2. cougarclaws

cougarclaws Member

May 8, 2006
    Lucky's Pub
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. DANNO49

DANNO49 Member

Feb 6, 2001
    Hawthorne CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe we'll get Lampard and Cole

4. JC507

JC507 Member+

Jan 21, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully.

5. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    jvilla07, DNez2001 and ImaPuppy repped this.
  6. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    God, THIS.

Whatever, we'll come in, smash and grab, and these two can go ******** off to England or Australia or wherever together.

jvilla07, JC507 and cougarclaws repped this.
  7. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Both Weather Underground and Intellicast have removed precipitation from Saturday's forcast. Plenty of time for it to return -- but it looks a lot better now than it did.

8. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not to get too hung up on the weather, but this morning on KTLA weather they had little rain icons for just about every day of the week except for Saturday. He even mentioned that Saturday would see drying, though Sunday the rain icon was back. He said it was a series of storms coming in, mostly farther north, but they would bring light rain and high surf most of the week.

Keep an eye on the MLS Kick Off column this week. Like last year, they stuff the column with Galaxy news and keep the Dynamo info to a minimum. Today the count is 7 articles on the Galaxy and 2 on the Dynamo. But again, that's the Dynamo style, nobody talks about them, they just win.

Levy2k6 repped this.
  9. Hungryjack

Hungryjack Member+

Jul 8, 2006
    Houston
    Am I the only person who is bemused whenever I listen to a podcast or read a match preview where people focus on the Dynamo by talking about "the loss of Geoff Cameron" as though that piece of information is the defining aspect of the 2012 Dynamo season?

Soccergodlss repped this.
  10. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    The sooner we know the light bill has been paid off the better.

11. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hope its a distraction from LA, only negative from our persepective is how it affects the officiating. By that I mean, is there some sort of sympathy factor involved in what could possibly be the final game for Landon & Becks in terms of how he calls it? I know it shouldn't even be considered (and since LA tries to intimidate refs and Magee threw a ball at Petrescu it - and if I'm not mistaken Becks made public comments about the ref - it should actually go the other way), but what ref in the US would toss Becks in his final game? Just means maybe LA can be more aggressive.

As much as some hate Salazar, I think he was the guy who tossed Becks a few years back.

Last year during the game the scripted TV presentation and storyline implied that it was going to be some Buffalo Wild Wings commercial if the Dynamo somehow got the lead. Like to avoid that.

12. jvilla07

jvilla07 Member

Oct 30, 2006
    Houston + NOLA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Realtime weather update from LBC without the drama of the "next-big star/actor-to-be-anchor" - it's cloudy this mid-morning after cloudy start. Just a typical fall day with some very sporadic slight drizzle ("SoCal rain"), as it's been the last few days and was before I went out of town for holiday, . Even the weather is a drama queen this week in sunny SoCal! :D

anderson repped this.
  13. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    Because we are now playing the Galaxy attack with some combination of Donovan, Keane, Buddle, and Magee. They are the best team in MLS at speed. Chicago with Rolfe, Nyarko, and Oduro gave us fits when all three were on the field together. LA is better b/c Keane and Donovan are more efficient than Oduro and whomever. Kamara's speed caused problems, but KC and DC had no one else that really could attack our "weakness".

I get that Taylor has likely played CB better than Cameron from a purely CB perspective, but Cameron's pace would have helped tremendously this weekend as would his ability to pass out the back if we happen to get down a goal.

IMHO, we will miss Geoff Cameron this weekend and this might be the only weekend we miss Geoff Cameron. Not to say that we aren't a better team defensively this year (with Sarkodie in at RB) or with Ashe back at LB. Just that Cameron will be missed this weekend more than others.

14. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I miss Geoff Cameron all the time.... :_(

15. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    It is an interesting thought. I agree, if we are down a goal, I think we miss his ability to press from the back and ESPECIALLY his ability to quickly switch the field. However, defensively I think we are better with Taylor. Not too mention, I do not concede in any way that Cameron was faster than Jermaine.

16. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree that we're better in central defense with Taylor. We do lose a bit of contribution to the attack out of central defense. But I'll take the trade-off, given that we have at least 5, maybe 6, positional upgrades compared to last year's final, by my count (2 outside backs, 3 midfielders, plus a forward if you also believe we have an upgrade there).

17. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    Against the Galaxy I would start Taylor AND Cameron. LOL.

18. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    look with all this media sensationalism about Landycakes and Posh boy saying their goodbyes-it just means more photogs which means better pics out there of us celebrating-which is good news for me, I need new screensavers.

The_Ponce repped this.
  19. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I would rather not give those guys the attention.

20. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    I wish Ching would formally decide if this is it or not solely so he can get an equivalent tribute.

21. JC507

JC507 Member+

Jan 21, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thing is he wouldn't from MLS. All the attention will be on Beckham and Galaxy. Hopefully the Houston FO do the right thing and give him a proper farewell.

The_Ponce repped this.
  22. cougarclaws

cougarclaws Member

May 8, 2006
    Lucky's Pub
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he drew that kind of attention to himself, he wouldn't be Brian Ching.

Ghosting, The_Ponce, MLSNHTOWN and 6 others repped this.
  23. Hungryjack

Hungryjack Member+

Jul 8, 2006
    Houston
    I see what you did there.

24. OrangeCajun

OrangeCajun Member

Nov 28, 2006
    Cypress, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A Brian Ching testimonial game would be better.

25. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    This, and it would be well-deserved.