Post-match: MLS Cup 2008

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by KCbus, Nov 23, 2008.

1. deadhamlet44

deadhamlet44 Member

Sep 15, 2005
    columbus

This would be better if some defender were behind him and Ale was shielding the cup.

2. coachchris

coachchris Member

Feb 19, 2007
    Galloway, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There, fixed your post.:D

3. FC Fred's 1st Fan

FC Fred's 1st Fan New Member

Dec 1, 2006
    If anyone comes across a team photo with the whole team and The Cup, please let me know. I would love to have a photo of Nyazamba in his Crew jersey and what better than with The Cup and his Massive Team Mates :)

4. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nothing to add, just wanted to get in on the posting.

Great atmosphere at Studio 35, props to the management, and everyone who came, and cheered, and chanted.

As for the game, couldn't have been more fitting in many ways.

Alejandro gets a goal on sheer will after working his butt off for yet another 90, and getting little love from the official the whole game.

Marshall gets a goal on a set piece from Guille. Perfect. Powerful. And right after NY had tied it.

Coup de grace on a piece of wizardry from GBS, and Frankie with the finish.

Unbelievable.

Only thing that messed it up was Don the Douche. He really has to go.

Five things:
    1) When does the team get back (Mon 11:00 PM)
    2) When is the parade
    3) When does the CCL schedule for next year come out?
    4) See you in February
    5) Most fun I've ever had with my clothes on.

5. mateo319

mateo319 Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is now my desktop. I am very much going to order a larger version of this. Just perfect.

6. DAFCrew

DAFCrew Member+

Feb 27, 2007
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Things I care about: A sense of redemption and validation for some of the long-suffering Crew fans who filled the seats during the lean years, of which there were many. This cup is as much yours as anyone's. I mean, wasn't it just two or three seasons ago when our offensive pinnacle was a goal by Ritchie Kauchau? (Let's see you drink half a case and spell it right.)

Things I don't care about: (Note to media) Any happy thoughts Andrulis may have about today, anything at all McJudas or Busch related, any TFC fan silly enough to troll here tonight . . . and the ghosts of Sanneh or Razov. You've been exorcised, now beat it.

7. bradd

bradd Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lets go guys.... time to bring it in for a group hug....

*hugs everyone*

I can't even describe how I'm feeling... Great job guys... great job...

8. smithnwesson

smithnwesson New Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Columbus, OH
    I am sick as a dog, but somehow, for about 3 hours today, I had all the energy in the world. I jumped four feet in the air on Ale's and Chad's goals, and when Frankie got loose, I just stood up and smiled.

This makes all the years of cheering for these guys worth it. Hell, it was already worth it. We have a soccer team that is ours, only now they have a championship. Scudettos for everyone, and a cold one on me for Guille if he ever comes to Ruby's.

9. 110toyourleft

110toyourleft Member+

Jan 27, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They say he is the most legendary player at Boca, save a guy named Diego.

And in 1.5 years for Columbus, he brings us the freakin' Cup.

GUILLE YOU ARE A LEGEND!!

Right now, I feel so happy for Alejandro and Gino(who asked Guille to bring him a title), and especially Duncan and Frankie. I feel so proud that these guys play for my club.

10. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    drunk, happy, and now, sleep.

what a glorious day.

and props to all the fans of other clubs who've come in congratulating us. i know that, next year, they'll be gunning for us, but i appreciate the good wishes now.

just...just...wow

11. Missionary

Missionary Member

Jul 13, 2003
    Mission Viejo
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just got back from the game and what a celebration. Not the prettiest game but very sweet and eventually the Crew broke through and poured it on once they relaxed. The stadium was dotted with Crew supporters everywhere and the Nordecke was there in mass with strong support from a Chivas group and their drummer. Lots of Crew family were in the northeast corner as well.

I doubt Sigi will be back. He has accomplished his goal and will move on. Its really tough on him personally and his family going back and forth. I am betting everyone else is back except maybe Marshall.

Now the work begins figuring out who is protected......

12. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While interviewing Guille at the web site for ESPN DEPORTES one of his former coaches, Carlos Biachi, was there which was a neat homage.

13. namesaregone

namesaregone Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    F*ck You Garber, We've Gone And Won The League! We've Gone And Won The League! We've Gone And Won The League!

14. Artesian

Artesian New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    The Evergreen State
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have to admit I got a rush of emotion when Frankie scored. I can't think of a more deserving player to score after all his years of service in MLS and the Nats. Congrats guys, enjoy!

15. DeVille

DeVille Member

Apr 4, 2007
  16. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm at LAX right now. We had a champagne shower at the hotel.

When the final whistle blew, I sat down and cried liike a little girl. Thank you to every member of the Crew organization, every member of the Nordecke, and ever resident of Crew Stadium.

We're all done now.

17. electrickeeper

electrickeeper The Ginger Pele
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Oct 14, 2002
    The Cheese Room
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This sums it up for me (a great shot by Andy Mead, btw, good work Andy!). It was this exact moment when the tears flowed.

[​IMG]

18. OH crew IO

OH crew IO New Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Worthington
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I can't really say anything that hasn't been said already except this was the best birthday present ever (nov. 30th b-day). Fado's was a blast. Thank you Crew!

19. Hello_Katty

Hello_Katty New Member

Nov 25, 2007
    WLA
    Match pix are up in my gallery. Link: Here

The photos were taken from Section 138, with the Riot Squad. There's a couple of good sequences of goals, as well as your supporters section.

Congratulations on the Championship.

Enjoy!

20. MASSIVE(be jealous)!

Nov 24, 2008
    Columbus
    My year has officially been made. GBS is the man and Frankie deserved to be the one to give RBNY the final blow.
    COLUMBUS TILL I DIE!

21. Michel Sanalope

Michel Sanalope New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Union Ultras
    Way to go Columbus!

I was with the Union Ultras...some of us were fortunate enough to jam with the Columbus SGs (yeah thats what I would call it :D)

Who thought of that Danny Cepero pediphile chant by the way? Hillarious, original stuff.

And way to not be douches. Considering the spew I read about the ticket mess up, everyone I met was friendly and welcoming. I couldn't have had a better impression of Crew fans. Oddly enough, all of a sudden I hate Toronto for some reason... :D

22. EAB206BLUES

EAB206BLUES Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats Columbus!!! pure class from the start to the end, very welll deserved. I envy you right now have fun partying it up guys, you have been great all season long!!!!:)

GBS is a Legend!!!!!

23. Michel Sanalope

Michel Sanalope New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Union Ultras
    I was sitting right next to ya dude. Those were tears of JOY, my friend :D