MLS Cup 2005 Tickets and Season Tix holders

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by battchy, Aug 23, 2005.

1. battchy

battchy Member

Oct 18, 2001
    Mtn View, CA
    Just an FYI to anyone thinking of going to Texas this year for the Cup game (and I'll give 3-1 odds that the Quakes will be in this game right now).

Anyone that's been on MLSNet lately probably saw the advertisement/story that says they are available first through a lottery system. That is technically true, however...

I just got off the phone with Steve Lang (Lane?), Director of Ticket Operations (I believe, but may have gotten the title incorrect), who is putting together a program where season ticket holders of all the other teams in the league will have the ability to circumvent the lottery process to pick and purchase tickets directly from FC Dallas, after their own season ticket holders, of course.

So the timeline is as follows, best I can tell...

- FC Dallas Season Ticket Holders have until August 31, 2005, to secure their seats for the game, regardless of which teams make it.

-After that, they will open a window to other teams' season ticket holders to secure tix direct until +/- September 14.

- Then, the lottery tix will be awarded, on or about Oct. 1.

- If there are any seats left come +/- October 15, they will go on sale at ticketmaster.

Steve Lang (Lane?): 214-777-0217 - direct work line

Anyway, FYI...

Cheers,
    Battch

GO QUAKES!!!