MLS Cup 2004 Supporter Section Tickets

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by galaxycrazy, Oct 27, 2004.

1. galaxycrazy

galaxycrazy New Member

Jan 27, 2002
    Dear MLS and A-League Supporters,

We hope this letter finds you well and enjoying the MLS Cup Playoffs. With the playoffs underway, it is only fitting that we begin to look ahead toward the pinnacle of our season…MLS Cup 2004.

Supporters Shield…Congratulations to the Columbus Crew for wining the 2004 MLS Supporters Shield! Similar to what was done last year, the Supporters Shield will be awarded during the first Crew home playoff game on October 31. Not only will the Columbus Crew’s accomplishments be symbolically recognized in front of their fans, but the occasion is an excellent opportunity for local print and/or TV media exposure.

MLS Cup Tickets…As in years past, three (3) MLS Cup ticket blocks have been set aside to accommodate the following groups:

Section 103 ($23) – LA Galaxy supporters and those fans not affiliated with participating MLS Cup teams.

Section 127 ($35) – fans supporting Western Conference MLS Cup participant.

Section 137 ($35) – fans supporting Eastern Conference MLS Cup participant.

Supporters choosing to sit in one of the above sections must purchase their tickets no later than Wednesday, November 10. After November 10, tickets in these sections will be made available to the general public. Tickets purchased by MLS team supporters in Sections 127 and 137 will be given a special group discount of $35/ticket; tickets in Section 103 are discounted to $23. To purchase these specially priced tickets, simply contact Lisa Rollins, Los Angeles Galaxy Program Coordinator, at 310.630.2234 or email LRollins@lagalaxy.com.

MLS Cup 2004 is certain to be a memorable event for all! If you have not already done so, clear your schedule for that weekend and begin to secure necessary travel arrangements. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact Margie Banuelos at galaxycrazy@yahoo.com.

Look forward to seeing everyone in November at MLS Cup 2004!

All the best,

Margie Banuelos Sam Pierron David Wright
    Galaxians Supporters Shield Coordinator Major League Soccer

2. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they're going to put the East Conf MLS team supporters RIGHT NEXT to the Riot Squad ? thats brilliant !!! We can have a halftime riot to pass the time.

Does anyone else see a problem with this ?

3. The Manwich

The Manwich Member

Sep 28, 2004
    South Gate
    Wow, the FO really messed up this time. Sitting the East right next to the Riot Squad (Section 138). Smooth move. 103 - LA Galaxy supporters?? Please, 103 only has like 10 Galaxians members. This move just made the Galaxy FO thee worst FO in all MLS. Thank you Douche Hamilton

[​IMG]

4. billward

billward Member

Oct 22, 2002
    El Cerrito, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't see the problem. If the Gals make it to the Cup final, then the entire stadium will be full of Galaxy supporters, except for the East fans. But otherwise, why would the Riot Squad even be there?

5. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    So the Galaxy supporters are dropping the ball on the Supporters Summit?

6. cosmojado

cosmojado Member

Oct 18, 2002
    in sin
    Even if LA does not make it to the final, lots of Riot Squad members have season tickets. And season ticket holders get free tickets to the Final. So regardless of what two teams are playing, 138 will have LARS members in it.

And the FO knows this. Good god they are stupid!

7. cosmojado

cosmojado Member

Oct 18, 2002
    in sin

Summit? If you want to speak to the powers that be and get hot air blown up your a$$, then go for it. I still may go just to hear the FO's put their spin on things.

But the real summit will be between B&G FC and any supporters coming to LA for the final. Who wants to have a game? I'm sure we can accomplish more by having a good game, a good time, and a few beers. And it could make sitting LARS next to whoever comes into 137 a much more pleasent experience. It was kind of hard to have ill-will towards Section 8 after having a game against them.

Any Section 8 folks coming down? Care for a unofficial rematch? This won't count in our home and home series.

And I think this is a game that should happen every year in the host city.

[bizarro quinn]I'm helping[/bizarro quinn]

8. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    No - the Summit's big draw is the transfer of the Supporters Shield.

9. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to the first post in this thread, the thing will have already been given to Columbus by then.

10. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Given to? or Presented?

Remember, the Shield was "presented" at the Fire's playoff game against New England last year before being officially transfered from the Galaxians to the BarnBurners at the Supporters Summit.

Showing it off at a playoff game doesn't preclude a transfer amongst supporters. This is a tradition I would hate to see die.

11. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see. I suppose that's a "tradition" -- it's been done for five years or so including last year where it was ceremonial, not an actual delivering of it from one set of fans to another (since it had already been in Chicago for the "presentation")?

When was the first time this actually happened (transfer among supporters at Supporters Summit)? '99?

Plus, did it actually happen at the Supporters Summit post-contraction (wasn't there a problem with getting it from Miami)?

12. dlm_Fire

dlm_Fire Member

Aug 16, 2002
    Chicago
    Personally, I liked the summit....I thought getting the groups of fans together like that was awesome and I too would not want to see it go away.

13. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    In 1999, Sam Pierron first presented the Shield in mid-season in a downpour at the Rose Bowl at halftime of a Galaxy game.

I can't say that I recall there being a Summit at MLS Cup 1999, so I don't know how the Galaxy->United transfer was done.

But the Shield was transfered from the Eagles to the Mystics in 2000, and the Mystics to the Afusionados in 2001. In 2002 Sam Pierron presented the Shield to the Galaxy as no Miami fans accompanied the Shield to Norwood, MA. The Galaxians handed off the Shield to the BarnBurners last November in Carson. All of the above took place at the Supporters Summit.

Despite asking and sending emails, I've received no information regarding a Summit this year.

14. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the rundown. So, it looks like only in 2000 and 2001 (with 1999 an unknown) did the supporters of the previous year's winner schlep to the MLS Cup city and deliver it to the supporters of the new winner (assuming MLS or the Fire brought it to LA last year, since it'd already been "presented" in Chicago).

15. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    2002 and 2003 were Supporters Summit transfers.

16. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But despite your non sequitur response, my post was fairly accurate, too, right?

17. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I don't know - what exactly are you getting at. If you're trying to say that there is no "tradition", then no, I'm not going back you up.

It's a 9 year old league - traditions are relative. We can't blame Miami supporters for not showing up in 2001 - they had no team, and last year's media presentation in Chicago was not the transfer of the Shield.

18. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The media presentation was not the transfer? Okay, then how about the moment someone from LA put it in a box and sent it to Chicago before the media presentation? ;) One could say that anything after that was a "ceremonial reenactment." :)

While traditions are certainly relative to the age of the league, given the Miami thing and the "presentation" last year, I hardly thougt of this as a "let's defend our traditions" type of issue.

I don't disagree with your general point, though, that you'd like to see the folks in LA organize a Supporters Summit like they did last year and in '98.

19. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    What is your problem? Why this need to pick nits? The Supporters Shield was officially transfered last year at the Supporter Summit.

Yes - it was shown at a Fire playoff game the week before. So freakin' what? How is "that" a transfer.

This isn't a court of law.

Man this is tiresome. I'm less interested in the Supporter Summit itself - other than preserving the Supporters to Supporters transfer of the Shield. I think that's a tradition worth continuing - and even if this year it fails to happen - I think efforts should be made to make sure it is reinstituted in Dallas next year.

The best part of the Supporters activities has always been the Supporters Bash, and I've heard of no such plans regarding a Supporters party, either.

20. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No kidding. I simply pointed out that the first post said the Supporters Shield would be "awarded" this weekend. If that was accurate, the deed would have been done before any (potential) Supporters Summit.

You're the nit picker who then proceeded to explain the difference between a team being "presented" the thing and an actual "transfer" between supporters clubs. And you're telling me it's not a court of law? (When it was "shown" at a Fire game, did they tell the fans "this will belong to you in a few weeks, when some Galaxians are on hand for an 'official transfer'"? ;))

Anyway, coming off a post with some attempted levity, I thought "What's your problem?" and "So freakin' what?" were a bit much. We disagree about the relative merits of a "tradition" that's happened a handful of times. It happens.

21. galaxycrazy

galaxycrazy New Member

Jan 27, 2002
    We're still working on some details on the summit and bash. Information will be posted once we have confirmations and such.

22. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they will have it all figured out and post detail Nov 15th

23. galaxycrazy

galaxycrazy New Member

Jan 27, 2002
    MLS Supporters Summit...Open to all MLS fans, this annual event is hosted by the local Supporters group prior to MLS Cup. Supporter group leaders, members and the soccer community are encouraged to attend and participate. By sharing like experiences, highlighting unresolved issues, and maintaining an open line of communication, the Supporters Summit provides the ideal forum for loyal MLS fans to make a significant contribution in the development of Major League Soccer.

What: MLS Supporters Summit

When: Saturday, November 13, 2004 (10:00 AM to 3:00 PM)

Where: The Hampton Inn
    767 Albertoni St.,
    Carson, CA 90746
    Tel: 1-310-768-8833

Supporters Bash…Details are as follows:

What: Supporters Bash

When: Saturday – November 13, 2004 (8:00 PM - )

Where: Hollywood Billiards Sports Bar & Grill
    5750 Hollywood Blvd.
    Los Angeles, CA 90028
    Tel: 323.465.0115
    www.hollywoodbilliards.com

24. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Will Don Garber and/or any other league and team executives be making an appearance at this year's Summit?

25. galaxycrazy

galaxycrazy New Member

Jan 27, 2002
    Waiting on a reply right now, so can't confirm.