MLS Cup 2004 Complete Travel Info Thread

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by galaxycrazy, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Masfaygo

Masfaygo Member

Jan 22, 2003
    Kansas City
    Re: Official Team Travel Package

i booked my own flights last nite via United Airlines. leave kc around 10:50 am sat morning. air fare was 187.00.

2. IceKaiser

IceKaiser New Member

May 28, 2003
    training at altitude
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

$700?!? For what?? I'm by no means a tightwad, but I also refuse to needlessly throw away money. For seven hunnies they better pick me up at my apartment with a limo full of Wizard Girls.

3. KC Salty

KC Salty Member

Apr 27, 2000
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Agreed. I booked my own flight and hotel. I only hope the cab from LAX to Carson and back doesn't kill. Next is to order my game ticket. For those that are going what section do you have tickets in? Is it 127 (reserved for supporters of the Western Conference Champion)?

I want my seat to be with my fellow Mystics and Cauldronites.

4. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC

I have booked flights with Frontier Airlines for Chad, Calida and I (we're meeting John in LA). We'll be in LA @ 9am Saturday morning. Getting ready to book my rooms at the Hilton (as long as they stay competitive with the Hampton Inn where the Summit is). I believe we plan on renting a car and/or Calida has a friend out there who has a car we'll be able to drive.

Yes, everyone call Lisa Rollins at 310-630-2234 and order tickets for Section 127. $35/ea.

5. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC

I went to get rooms at the Hilton and they were 99 first night, 129 second night. I tried to work it down, but she wouldn't budge. So I've got one room for Sat/Sun at the Hampton Inn where the Summit is. The hotels are only like two miles apart.

6. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004

But wouldn't it be cool to have a chartered plane for a blueclad vizards ????

7. gk0002

gk0002 New Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Lee's Summit

Can someone tell me the time/location of the supporters summit, the awards gala, and any other MLS event going on?

8. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio

[​IMG]

9. IceKaiser

IceKaiser New Member

May 28, 2003
    training at altitude
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  10. Mad_Bishop

Mad_Bishop Member

Oct 11, 2000
    Columbia, MO
    guess you guys were busy today. Doesn't look like there is anything under $225 on any airline that works out for the weekend. Unless a friend of mine at SWA can work out some sort of deal for me, (or someone's reservation opens up) I can't afford to go.

11. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

I can't leave until Sunday and just got a leave Sunday/come back Monday for $187 via orbitz.com

12. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

I called but got an answering machine, is she taking orders today or are we waiting until Monday for calls back?

Yeh, I am anxious, I want service now! :D

13. StuBentley

StuBentley New Member

Sep 12, 2000
    Olathe, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Same here. I am probably just going to call her back first thing Monday. We've got our flight and hotel booked...just need the tickets.

14. galaxycrazy

galaxycrazy New Member

Jan 27, 2002
    MLS Supporters Summit...Open to all MLS fans, this annual event is hosted by the local Supporters group prior to MLS Cup. Supporter group leaders, members and the soccer community are encouraged to attend and participate. By sharing like experiences, highlighting unresolved issues, and maintaining an open line of communication, the Supporters Summit provides the ideal forum for loyal MLS fans to make a significant contribution in the development of Major League Soccer.

What: MLS Supporters Summit

When: Saturday, November 13, 2004 (10:00 AM to 3:00 PM)

Where: The Hampton Inn
    767 Albertoni St.,
    Carson, CA 90746
    Tel: 1-310-768-8833
    *We are requesting a $5 donation per person to cover the fee for the facility, if possible please let us know at galaxycrazy@yahoo.com if you'll be attending.

Supporters Bash…Details are as follows:

What: Supporters Bash

When: Saturday – November 13, 2004 (8:00 PM - ???)

Where: Hollywood Billiards Sports Bar & Grill
    5750 Hollywood Blvd.
    Los Angeles, CA 90028
    Tel: 323.465.0115
    www.hollywoodbilliards.com

MLS Cup Tickets…As in years past, three (3) MLS Cup ticket blocks have been set aside to accommodate the following groups:

Section 103 ($23) – LA Galaxy supporters and those fans not affiliated with participating MLS Cup teams.

Section 127 ($35) – fans supporting Western Conference MLS Cup participant(KANSAS).

Section 137 ($35) – fans supporting Eastern Conference MLS Cup participant.

Supporters choosing to sit in one of the above sections must purchase their tickets no later than Wednesday, November 10. After November 10, tickets in these sections will be made available to the general public. Tickets purchased by MLS team supporters in Sections 127 and 137 will be given a special group discount of $35/ticket; tickets in Section 103 are discounted to $23. To purchase these specially priced tickets, simply contact Lisa Rollins, Los Angeles Galaxy Program Coordinator, at 310.630.2234 or email LRollins@lagalaxy.com.

MLS Cup 2004 is certain to be a memorable event for all! If you have not already done so, clear your schedule for that weekend and begin to secure necessary travel arrangements. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact Margie Banuelos at galaxycrazy@yahoo.com.

Hampton Inn Room Information
    If you need a room, call the Inn directly and mention Galaxians to get the special rate of seventy-five dollars ($75.00) including taxes. The last day to get the special rate is November 7.

15. Mad_Bishop

Mad_Bishop Member

Oct 11, 2000
    Columbia, MO

WHat time monday? The only returning flights I found were Monday night. Not sure I can take a day off of work. Plus I was really wanting to make the Summit. Sacrifices I suppose. What flights are you guys on? I wouldn't mind traveling with some familar faces.

16. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Yeh it was a later departure on Monday but I plan to get there earlier and go on stand-by

17. 10 fan

10 fan New Member

Mar 21, 2004
    United States

MLS Awards Gala
    November 13
    6:30-11:30 PM
    Universal Studios Globe Theater
    http://www.ticketmaster.com/mlscupauction

18. hakko ace

hakko ace New Member

May 9, 2001
    Rancho Los Cerritos
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    First of all, congrats to KC fans. You have the best team in the west this season, no question. As someone who lives just 10 minutes away from the HDC I wanted to let everybody know that the airport in Long Beach is much closer and WAY easier to get in and out of. You will save a lot of time and hassle going through there rather than LAX. Having said that, I'm not sure if you can get flights to LGB from your area, but I would check it out. Best of luck in the final.

hakko

19. IceKaiser

IceKaiser New Member

May 28, 2003
    training at altitude
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Rep.

20. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    Okay. Have booked flights. My delay in ordering tickets has put us on United instead of Frontier. But we will be there. We have a room in the Hampton as well.

21. gk0002

gk0002 New Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Lee's Summit
    I booked through the Wizards package deal and I got pretty good prices. I'm flying on Frontier too and staying at Crown Plaza.

22. Lucid

Lucid Member

May 17, 1999
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Grrrr.... Booked a flight to LA for a convention a few months ago for departure on the 15th. Didn't occur to me at the time that I should take a look at Cup date/time. Just called to see about getting it changed and nothing is working out to get me there early enough Sunday for the game (and nothing late enough Saturday to leave after work). So I'm stuck here, working DURING the game, flying out to LA the day after the game, and nothing I can do about it.

Depressing...

Edit: I can get to LAX 10:17 local time, which is 2 hours prior to kickoff. However... that's assuming everything is peachy. LAX is 13 miles from the stadium. Traffic shouldn't be bad on a sunday morning, right? Cab ride, $25? Is this doable or too risky?

Edit again: It'll cost $600.

*Head falls on keyboard*

kjsfgjkljsfg

Edit again: Ahhhh!!! This is just a flurry of emotions, too much to take. Found a $92 non-stop Sunday early morning flight and get into LAX at 8:30.

Final Edit?: I... Hate... Life.... So I have a round trip booked from KC on the 15th and return to KC on the 17th. I can't cancel the flight out on the 15th, without canceling the whole thing. WTF?! They make money that way. They keep my money and sell my unused seat to someone else. Makes no sense. Still looking...

Final Edit (should be): Can fly frontier for $230 and cancel the other... non-refundable flight. So effectively for $380 I can fly out there and along with the other neccesary expenditures I'm over $500 and have to take off work. Probably not going to happen. I'm finally calm now, calmly depressed, and hating airlines.

23. Unorthodox Yank

Feb 27, 2001
    Constant Flux
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK...so there's a 619 dollar itineraray that will get me to LA on the 13th at night, and leaving LA on the 14th at night. It leaves and arrives here at times that would make it possible for me to not miss any class whatsoever.

........Worth it? :D

24. Lucid

Lucid Member

May 17, 1999
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    By the way.... if anyone doesn't have anything to do that week and wants to stick around in LA for a couple days, the Home Electronics Expo is going on (which is why I was initially heading out there). Cool stuff if you're a bit nerdy.

25. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta
    DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT