MLS CUP '03 Final v.2.0[R]

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by MeridianFC, Nov 16, 2003.

1. MeridianFC

MeridianFC Member

Jul 26, 1999
    Washington, DC USA
    MLS CUP '03 Final [R]

Alright which useless bastards do you hope win?

2. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
  3. Ugluk

Ugluk New Member

Nov 15, 1999
    Smurfquakes.

Razov is an arrogant butt-hole, and I'm tired of listening to Whinealda go down on him. Don't like Whitfield or Marsh either. Besides, San Jose has provided two of the more exciting come-from-behind games in recent memory this post-season. Even though Chicago's attack is solid, San Jose's is more impressive when it clicks, in my opinion. Chicago does have a two man advantage in goal though, with Zack in front and Hugh Jass right behind him. Chicago has been talked up so friggin much that SJ has to be considered underdogs. Gotta go for the mongrel.

Chicago is going to have more support from LA than they could dream of at the Tool Box, since the hated Earthquakes broke the Gals little hearts (tore them out and stomped on them actually - damn that was fun). So I'll pull for those damn San Jose bastards.

4. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    Chicago.

If nothing else to reward their great fans and see someone finally win a treble.

5. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    Aren't the Ultras a supporter group for the Quakes? If so, I'll go with them. I need some fresh material to rail on them with. Besides, they did embarrass olimpic gold medalist diving champion Ruiz and the lalagals.

6. Serie Zed

Serie Zed Member

Jul 14, 2000
    Arlington
    I'm just happy that the two best teams, who finished equal (or nearly so) on points have a chance to play for the championship. Either one is deserving if they beat the other.

7. Gunners11

Gunners11 Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Fire Fire Fire Fire Fire LaLaLa LaLaLa LaLaLaLaLaLA

8. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    [​IMG]
    Landon Smurf

9. Serie Zed

Serie Zed Member

Jul 14, 2000
    Arlington
    Ok, I give up. I see this everywhere, but have never gotten the scoop. Why are the Clashquakes called the Smurfs?

10. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Uniform color?

11. eltico

eltico Member

Jul 16, 2000
    Don't care who wins.

Just want to see attractive soccer, some well-taken goals, and, oh hell, let's be greedy, someone to grab a winner in overtime.

A great game on ABC would be the best kind of advertising MLS could possibly have, even if it does have to go up against the NFL.

12. JCUnited

JCUnited Member

Oct 7, 2002
    South Bend, IN
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'd like to see the Quakes win. Fire already have enough silverware this year, and San Jose has played too attractive of football (for the majority of the year-October was just a glitch) to get nothing from the season. Plus, a San Jose title win after two incredible games might attract more people out to Spartan next year. Fire already have great support. I know it didn't work after MLS Cup 2001, but winning two championships in three years proves you are a quality club. If many fans truly were turned off by the Clash years, they would have trouble comparing that atrocious soccer to the Yallop Quakes.

13. mcontento

mcontento Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Catalina Wine Mixer
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't ever post on the DC United board ever again you red faced bastard.

Ok ok, rant over, um...East Coast Pride so Fire.

14. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Smurf sounds like Earf(th), errfquakes, smurfquakes :)

San Jose and Chicago are my two favorite non-DC teams (even tho this year I despise the San Jose backup goalie who is a wanker of the first order and hits girls). I will be rooting for the Earthquakes for a few reasons. One, I think it will help their attendance, and raise their price and/or attraction for a new owner if they win. Also, Chicago has won enough this year. Plus, I think SJ will be the underdog and need some fans to root for them. And I miss Agoos, and like Landon.
    I think Chicago will win, San Jose have got to be worn out after the last 3 weeks, Chicago breezed past us, and had a fairly unbrutal game with NE.
    I mostly hope for an entertaining game. I think it will either be 3-2 (either team) or 4-1 Chicago. I hope a tense, free-flowing 3-2.

15. Darth_Norteno

Darth_Norteno New Member

Give me Landon and the Dirtcakes to do a better job of putting out fire in SoCal than Gray Davis (and now Ah-nuld).

16. joshdcu

joshdcu New Member

Jun 29, 1999
    Washington, DC
    Chicago, because I like Dave Sarachan and I think he's done a great job as the Fire's coach.

17. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Close choice for the Fire. Great job this year by Sarachan, Wilt, and the TEAM.

What I really want is a good game.