MLS app

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by antnee7898, Apr 2, 2011.

1. antnee7898

antnee7898 Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone else have trouble with the mls app on the galaxy s? Or any other phone?

2. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can tell you I've been really happy with it on my iPad until tonight and I've been ready to trash the whole thing. As the Dynamo game was starting the ap kept crashing over and over and over again. Finally I got it to work, but in the second half it started again, I gave up and watched it on a computer. Very annoying tonight.

3. csdynamicfan

csdynamicfan Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    stupid app keeps crashing on match days
    i can never see video highlights during matches on any match
    sh!ts annoying

4. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone mentioned that deleting and re-adding the app fixes the problems. I tried that, but it froze while loading, so I synched it on iTunes and that worked. It's been working fine since then (on the iPhone).

5. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston Member

Apr 8, 2005
    In your head!
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It works great on my G2 android, shows me real time then the next day it shows the repeat of the halftime score :rolleyes:

6. CLakeCracker

CLakeCracker Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Downtown
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I deleted the whole app after it sent me an alert for the philly/Houston halftime score.....9 1/2 days later. I've had trouble with the Goal app also, not updating news and scores for a week.

7. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Actually seems to be working now. I think they were updating the Database with stats and forgot to turn off the notification so everyone was getting notices all week on old games.

Everything was on time and sent only once so far this past week on Android.

8. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seattle Sounders apparently now have their own app. Obviously, it's the greatest app of all, will be featured extensively on ESPN and Fox Soccer apps, and cannot be equalled by other clubs. Nonetheless, I'd still like a Dynamo app. :D

9. tigerheadsaints

Sep 1, 2010
    League City, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just checked it out, actually pretty impressive. Nothing too spectacular about it, but from what I saw just going through it quickly, impressive.

10. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Not put out by the team is it? I don't think the teams have the rights. We need some kick a developer here to put something together.

11. tigerheadsaints

Sep 1, 2010
    League City, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep. Where it says the developer of the apps name, it says "sounders fc". And once you get into it, it has "powered by xbox" everywhere

12. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I kinda dig the app. 'Tis works fine on my G2.

13. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    It was developed by a company named POP; but it looks like it is fully sponsored by Seattle FC. Huh, I just had someone in the league who should have known the other day indicate that teams didn't have rights to mobile development - and two days later look what we have.

We need one of our local developers/companies to offer up something similar. It looks like the two coolest features over the Matchday app are in game chat and local audio broadcasts.

I have android so I cant actually play with the app.

14. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seattle also has it's own website separate from MLS, plus a ton of tv shows, blogs and HD broadcasts of their games. They also have a ton of money to spend on those things, I suppose.

15. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Timbers also have an app, but it's a game with axe throwing.

16. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Yep, every pieces of media with Xbox on it probably nets them another 50k check from M$