MLS and FC Barcelona join forces.

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Dynamo_Joe, May 16, 2008.

1. Dynamo_Joe

Dynamo_Joe Member

Apr 3, 2006
    Texas
    Total awesomeness!!!!

http://web.mlsnet.com/news/mls_news.jsp?ymd=20080514&content_id=158100&vkey=pr_mls&fext=.jsp

NEW YORK -- Major League Soccer (MLS) has announced it has entered into a multi-year strategic partnership with FCBarcelona, one of the world's most popular and celebrated professional soccer clubs.
    The new, five-year partnership between MLS and FCBarcelona - the first-ever European club to establish a long-term agreement with MLS and SUM in the United States - includes the organization of a minimum of six international matches throughout the term. The management of all commercial and sponsorship sales on behalf of the club, as well as marketing and PR in the United States, will be managed by Major League Soccer's marketing arm, Soccer United Marketing.

As part of the agreement, FCBarcelona and its heralded roster of international superstars including Carles Puyol, Thierry Henry, Ronaldinho, Lionel Messi, Samuel Eto'o, will play games this summer. Details for the tour will be announced in the near future.

------

Yes!!!! I would love to see my two favorite teams play an exhibition match.
    Of course i will have to buy another dynamo jersey and another Barça jersey and cut them in half and sew them together.

Dale Dynamo! ¡Visca Barça!

[​IMG]

2. Dynamo Dave

Dynamo Dave Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Rural East Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A Barcelona and Dynamo Keeper Jersey would be totally awesome.

3. antnee7898

antnee7898 Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    on mls rumers it was said that barca wanted to start a team in New York or Florida a la Chivas USA.

4. JediMindTricks

Jun 20, 2006
    Houston
    oh it'd be awesome if they came to houston again.

still upset at missing out last time...

5. guaroboy828

guaroboy828 Member

Aug 2, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ronaldinho,Rijkaard, and Deco are leaving the team. I wouldnt mind seeing all of them play or coach in the MLS. The first and third ones for Houston preferrably.

6. Unak78

Unak78 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 17, 2007
    PSG & Enyimba FC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    Barca needs to build new fanbases to compete with Real and the EPL giants. An influx of money from US jersey sales and increased interest in La Liga, maybe even a TV deal with the ESPY's ala Serie A, would help.

I imagine that they're looking to spend even more money than they did on this team when they break it up.

7. JediMindTricks

Jun 20, 2006
    Houston
    barcelona's fanbase is one of the biggest in the world. la liga just may not have the exposure that the premier league has here, but they're still one of the biggest clubs.

8. Unak78

Unak78 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 17, 2007
    PSG & Enyimba FC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    And Barca is also extremely wealthy, but when playing with the big boys, every last cent counts. And I imagine that they will be spending alot more money to rebuild.