mls all star game

Discussion in 'NY/NJ Off Topic' started by netsfan549, Jul 24, 2011.

1. netsfan549

netsfan549 Member

Aug 31, 2007
    R tickets sold out? I am having trouble finding any... I can only for two tickets -_-

2. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are not 548 other Nets fans on the planet, let alone on Bigsoccer.

2 people repped this.
  4. DoctorK

DoctorK New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    NorthBank, Riverbend
    LOL! Much to my chagrin my son's among them. Sat courtside for Knicks-Nets at the Garden and thought he'd be a Knicks fan for life. Instead, JKidd and Vince Carter had great games, and I guess he wanted to be counted with JayZ & Beyoncé as a Nets fan. It's stuck. At least tix aren't much. So that cuts it down to another 545.

As for the AllStar Game, I think the only way to get tix now other than stubhub or a friend is to buy a multi-game package.

5. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    my buddy just received a phone call asking if he'd like to upgrade his tickets to mid section for additional $30. Saying they have plenty of options to upgrade your seats

WTF is this? I thought the game has been sold out for weeks now yet RDFO is trying to penny pinch their fans for upgrades on top of $75+ tickets?

ibetthisgamewillhaveplentyofemptyseatscomekickoff

6. jcr3

jcr3 Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What are you complaining about? You don't have to upgrade. They might have some additional tickets they were hoping to leverage into additional season ticket holders and now they are giving their fans a chance to move to more expensive seats should they want to do it.

Just go and enjoy the game instead of trying to count how many seats are empty at kick off. There are always those fans who arrive late which I can't figure out. This game won't have many seats empty by 10 to 15 minutes into the game as they paid for this game specifically instead of part of a season ticket package.

7. DoctorK

DoctorK New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    NorthBank, Riverbend
    Gave tix to a friend who gave them to his brother who showed up twenty minutes late. Then left at the 80th minute. Irritating.

You wouldn't arrive twenty late and leave ten early at a play or a flick; why would you to a game?

I think it will be important to get there early Wednesday.

8. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    listen i was just under the impression that this game would have ZERO issues in selling out since its only 25k seats. For Redbulls to hold out on tickets and start trying to sell them to those that already purchased to upgrade is just ridiculous. How bout selling me those seats when i originally called to ask for tickets your telling me to upgrade to now? very poorly ran....sorry just mo

9. FIFARay007

FIFARay007 Member

Feb 25, 2004
    CT
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've got 2 seats available in sec 121, row 6. $115 each selling as a pair. PM me if interested.

10. jcr3

jcr3 Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I understand how you feel, but there is absolutely no doubt this event is sold out, period, end of story. Just look at Stub Hub where the prices are more than double face value and even as high as $1,000 which by the way have been purchased by some people.

I don't get how you feel it was very poorly ran. It sold out easily. Any last seats they have left over and that they were for some reason holding back and then offering to their season ticket holders if they wanted them, I think is a good gesture as they could have put them on Stub Hub and gotten more than double the face value instead to a season ticket holder

11. redmetrobullstars

Nov 13, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The thing I'm tying to figure out is, the MLS All-Star games says "NYC", yet it's in new jersey

the announcer even said "in the garden state"

12. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    I openly welcome NY fans (non-trolling) opinions on this thread about how Backe handled Bravo's minutes in the ASG.

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?p=23979947#post23979947

13. miggly

miggly Member

Jan 25, 2000
    NYC
    Beers were $2 more yesterday at the stadium. $13 for a Stiegl. Ouch.

14. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Best photoshop I've seen in ages

16. redmetrobullstars

Nov 13, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no thanks, i'd rather post it here, as this thread is called "MLS All-Star Game", it's quite clearly in reference to the topic.

Seriosuly? Why? I don't think anyone from NJ wants to be identified as a NYer, and the stadium is in NJ. Isn't that false advertising?

I wasn't trolling, I was being serious. :)

17. CrimsonCrossFC

CrimsonCrossFC New Member

Jul 24, 2011
    New York State
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the subject of the game itself I thought from my POV it was okay but not great, I rather watch a regular season MLS game this year over this years ASG. I like that they bring in European teams for the All-Star Game, which is unique and different...

18. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i like how the MLS LOVES to show the public how bad our league is compared to an EPL team. Yes, advertise....show people hey we have Man U playing our best players! Then once they actually get to playing we all realize the sadness of our league. Especially when a 36 year old Beckham is the best player on the field by far. just sad really.

How bout we actually do an all star game like every other sport. East vs. West? you can still have the EPL, La liga and high profile friendlies here but instead of the "all starts" getting their asses whooped every year you actually play the best of the league against each other?

NO? beating a dead horse? i guess so

19. CrimsonCrossFC

CrimsonCrossFC New Member

Jul 24, 2011
    New York State
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can agree in part that seeing our MLS players lose out bad the last two years is not a good thing but a 5-3 record over foreign teams in the All-Star Game is not a bad record. I must say playing MANU back-to-back years might be a great draw, but on the field it just proves we are far below the talent from across the pond, but in the end we pretty much know this...

20. charlieblackmouth

Feb 8, 2009
    South Ward
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG] in Carson

And they kept saying the 2009 All-Star Game in Sandy was in Salt Lake City, the 2006 All-Star Game in Bridgeview was in Chicago and the 2007 All-Star Game in Commerce City was in Denver on the broadcasts! All further and less accessible from those cities than RBA! Ugh, it's such a disgrace that Manchester United puts Manchester in their name when they don't even play in the city of Manchester!

21. redmetrobullstars

Nov 13, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

yea, but at lease those are all in the SAME STATE.

NY isn't NJ

lol, you tool, they are called Manchester United because they play in the Greater Manchester County.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_Manchester

22. charlieblackmouth

Feb 8, 2009
    South Ward
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Am I a tool or are you a tool for trolling these forums?

You really think that teams are called New York because of New York State? And you think teams are named after counties? Thanks for the laugh. They're called New York because they represent the New York City metropolitan area; the state has nothing to do with it. What does a state have to do with the name Los Angeles or Chicago? Those are cities and those teams don't play within the strict confines of those cities. I suppose you think that a team playing in Montauk would be more acceptable because it's actually in New York State, rather than a stadium a 20 minute train ride from midtown. Go back to your NY2 expansion forums and try to reason why the New York Cosmos representing New York while playing in New Jersey was any different. NYC just happens to have the same name as its state and a different state right on its border, much like the Kansas City Royals and Chiefs playing in Missouri.

23. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NJ Jets and NJ Giants don't hav ethis problem...LOL...

24. redmetrobullstars

Nov 13, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    teams named after counties?
    http://www.essexcricket.org.uk/pages/intro.php

Well, if you want to talk about football, I suggest you look up SS Lazio and try finding the city Lazio in italy, you might be looking for quite a while.

or
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockport_County_F.C.
    - named after county borough of stockport

or
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derby_County_F.C.

montauk, NY
    Harrison, NJ
    - last i checked, montauk was in NY and harrison was in NJ.

I guess we should make this team an MLS team - after all, they're only 20 mins from the Texas boarder.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indios_de_Ciudad_Juárez

funny, i never mentioned the cosmos, anywhere. But no, when playing in jersey they should have been the NJ cosmos, and when they played in randalls island, NY cosmos.

you're talking out of your ass. so please, just stop.

25. redmetrobullstars

Nov 13, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

IF I watched American football, i would have a problem with this, but i don't so i don't care about it....
    also that's because most of those fans only
    watch american sports, and therefore, are clueless when it comes to our discussion.
    Football fans are much more loyal to supporting a team from there state/city than American Football fans.