1. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    People also need to tone down this Blake to Europe talk. Last week he gave up a dumb penalty. This week he gets chipped from midfield. He has the same weaknesses as some of the other young keepers in the league like Hamid and Johnson. Great shot stopping, but not clean enough on the little things. That's not good enough to start in one of the top 5 leagues in Europe. Maybe a mid table club in Scotland at best.

2. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is Rotherham in the English Championship territory (4 wins in 42 games, with only 18 total points).

Boloni86 repped this.
  3. DynamoEAR

DynamoEAR Member+

May 30, 2011
    HoustAtlantaDMV
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Indeed.

Who's ready for both the Italian version(6:30am) and American version(1:00pm ET) of blue and black stripes vs Red and black stripes to happen tomorrow?

[​IMG]

Boloni86 repped this.
  4. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    Let's not be optimistic now...

5. asoc

asoc Member+

Sep 28, 2007
    Tacoma
    Do you think Alejandro Bedoya is worth 1.1 million?

6. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shit, I'd be on a plane back to Holland after that, straight up.

7. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    And, yet, they're still not toast.

8. THOMA GOL

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's worth 1.1 million Bubba Burgers :whistling:

9. THOMA GOL

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's never in the bag without relegation and we all know there are teams that truly do not deserve to be in the top division.

10. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Some serious Salish Sea soccer starts soon!

Ismitje repped this.
  11. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nah. Jair Benitez can score from there! Vancouvering at its finest on display by Ousted.
    When a big name player scores in that manner its "world class." When a non-big name player does it its the goalkeeper's fault plus luck.

12. Midas Mulligan

Midas Mulligan Member+

Jul 24, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Personally, I don't think he's worth his shirt number.

13. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    I'm kind of annoyed that there's a one hour gap with no soccer and the next two games overlap for one hour. Next time get the games in sequence so we can make it into a triple header.

Midas Mulligan repped this.
  14. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Somebody likes you somewhere.

15. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    I am probably one of the biggest Union fans there is. I wear my Union jersey on EVERY game day, even on USOC days. If they play on a work day, I wear one of my Union jerseys under my work clothes. I did it today. I have a Union hat from the first season. I still have it. I wore it today. It's no longer blue. It's more like a blue/green color. Sweat and beers have permanently changed its color. I finally got a new hat, but it's a flat brim that I still need to loosen up. I wear my Union scarves during summer on game days. The Union are appointment viewing for me. If I can't watch it live, rest assured that I'm recording it. I was in Austria for their playoff game last year. I went to work on 2 and half hours of sleep because I just couldn't miss their playoff game. I knew they were going to lose, but, goddammit, I wasn't going to miss their second playoff appearance. I fly a Union flag from my porch, and have ever since I lived in my house. Because of our harsh winters and summers, I've been through 3 of them. When my wife and I lived in our apartment before that, a flag hung from my front window. I had season tickets for two years: 2012 and 2013. It's the first time I ever had season tickets to anything. I never missed a game in two years. I stopped going because going by myself was depressing to me. I have been living and dying with this team alone. No one I know cares about them. I have even suffered ridicule from co-workers for being not only a soccer fan, but specifically a Union fan from those co-workers who think the sun rises and sets by the English top flight. I just shrug it off. The Union are my team.

Lately, though, I've been wondering why I give all this love. What have the Union ever done to earn that love? I've been invested for 8 years. What have they ever given back to me? Why do I try so hard to care? I've been questioning this since the start of the season. Four weeks ago, a Union ticket representative called me. As soon as he announced who he was with, I said to him, "Ugh. I'm not interested," and hung up on him. It wasn't the "I'm not interested" that bothered me. It was the "Ugh". It stayed with me the rest of the day. Why would I say that? I could've just said "I appreciate you calling, but no thanks. C'mon the U!" but instead of I felt so repulsed that I actually said "Ugh". So far this season, the Union are winless in 6 games. After each of those games, I felt nothing. I just keep asking myself, "What's the point?" I get all tarted up for every game only to not care about the result. Even if they would've won today, I would've only felt indifference. Watching the team I thought I loved now feels like I'm watching a game as a neutral. I'm more excited to watch other MLS games because I know that they might be more fun. It now feels like I'm watching the Union out of habit, and whatever the result is, it is. I fear that the Union will get to the point where I just don't care anymore. I want to raise my son to appreciate the Union and MLS, and not just let the punk kids at his school tell him that watching Barcelona is better. I fear that he just won't care if he's not given a reason to. Kinda like how I feel right now.

I don't know where I'm going with this. This seems like a good place to vent. Apathy is worse than anger, and, to be frank, it really feels like there's nothing to get angry about anymore because it doesn't solve anything. I just don't care.

16. Kappa74

Kappa74 Member+

Feb 2, 2010
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Yeah.., Canada

Boloni86 and Sounders78 repped this.
  17. Gamecock14

Gamecock14 Member+

May 27, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    upload_2017-4-14_22-2-51.png

GHjelm, jaykoz3 and The Franchise repped this.
  18. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    You might say this poor man has been DOOPed.

jaykoz3, Ismitje, Boloni86 and 2 others repped this.
  19. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Looking at the Whitecaps makes me think of the 2012 Sounders (Fredy Montero, Mauro Rosales).

It's the defending MLS Champs vs the defending Cascadia Champs (poor Portland - at least you can be the Oregon Champs!).

20. asoc

asoc Member+

Sep 28, 2007
    Tacoma
    Are you at all into supporters culture?

Something I like about it, is that it isn't just about supporting the team, but the team as part of a greater local community. Taking pride in where you live, or where you grew up, or somewhere else that you have ties to. I think that idea can be something worth instilling in your kid.

I know SGs struggle with this, but at some point when do you start making statements in the stadium?

Anyways, I wish you the best.

THOMA GOL repped this.
  21. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    You SoBs are greedy. Weren't you just supposed to be happy that you have a team after years of supporting United and absolutely nothing at times?:rolleyes:

22. El Chico Carmona

Mar 10, 2015
    Baraboo, Wisconsin
    Club:
    FC Dallas
  23. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And.. As a testament to the amount of turnover the Sounders have had since Montero left.. Only 2 players in the 18 man roster were with the team when Montero left... and one of them left for an extended period..

Sounders78 repped this.
  24. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Dempsey tries to outdo Villa but gets a crossbar

Yoshou repped this.
  25. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Crossbar. I'm tired. I'm not sure I'm going to make it.

The word "swagger" is done.