MK Dons

Discussion in 'Other Divisions' started by DCUroma, Dec 16, 2009.

1. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Are there any other supporters on here that are Dons fans?

If so I raise my glass to you for being in the WC18 bid!!!!!

2. Barrovianhordes

Jul 5, 2008
    LEANDER TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    To be honest im amazed they were considered even, there are many better ground all over the country, must be politics.

3. thistlescot

thistlescot New Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Club:
    Milton Keynes Dons FC
    Location is the main reason i guess. But saying there are better grounds is true but we can say that about lots of clubs around the country. Have you been to Stadium MK ?
    Compared to an awful lot of grounds around it is pretty impressive . I have travelled a lot and one thing in particular is parking but the dons have a huge area for parking although it could never accomodate eveyone it is still big. Inside the stadium the infrastructure is already in place for a capacity of 42 thousand. Too big some may say for a division 1 club but just look to the future this club are young and prepared for the road ahead. As for the world cup i am sure there are many who are happy with the dons bid as it is so easy to get too just off the M1

4. JackBastard

JackBastard Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Bridgend
    Club:
    Swansea City AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    It's a very nice ground, shame they shouldn't even be in existance.

5. thistlescot

thistlescot New Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Club:
    Milton Keynes Dons FC
    Oh your one of them then ? he he

6. JackBastard

JackBastard Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Bridgend
    Club:
    Swansea City AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    By one of them do you mean not an absolute idiot who has respect for the tradition of football in this country, and doesn't like to see another teams league place stolen from them?

If so, then yes, count me in, just like the rest of the country.

7. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I have to say I'm rather ambivalent about MK.

On one hand I totally agree that they got in through stealing another club's place, and that shouldn't be allowed*. On the other, now that they are here, and seem to be doing much better than most expected, I bear them no animosity. I don't hope they go bust or disappear down the leagues as many do. I don't think it would serve any purpose.

* in some leagues, such as the Czech Republic, clubs that are struggling financially can sell their league licence and swap league places with another club, which is bizarre, but better than a club folding I suppose.