Mizuno Thread [9] - info, pictures, questions here.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, May 9, 2014.

1. Alex57910

Alex57910 Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Thankyou gentleman, wonderful advice as always. Sports heart looks great @kiongsm! If only I could find the special edition all black pair again :(

temesgen repped this.
  2. Alex57910

Alex57910 Member

Oct 28, 2013
  3. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    US10 in Morelia 2 = UK9 (so Diadora Brasil go UK8.5)

In my experience, I went down 1/2 (half-size) down, my Diadora Brasil = UK6.0 (vs Morelia 2 JP in uk6.5)

<my foot length measured 25.3cm; Morelia 2 JP = 25.5cm, perfect fit, with almost no gap between my toe and the tip of the boots at the toe>

Alex57910 and john_mizuno8 repped this.
  4. john_mizuno8

john_mizuno8 Member

Olympiakos
    Greece
    Mar 16, 2012
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Take my money to anyone who finds me one of these :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    [​IMG]

derbyyank13 repped this.
  5. elessar78

elessar78 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 12, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Bought my first pair of Mizunos (Morelia Neo II TF) and very excited to try them out. I think I tried a dozen pairs because I have wide, flat feet. I currently wear a pair of 10 year old Nike R10s Legends.

I tried Copas, Puma King classic and new, Diadora, New Balance 442 WIDES and all either hurt or were too narrow. I must be extra wide now (heh).

6. john_mizuno8

john_mizuno8 Member

Olympiakos
    Greece
    Mar 16, 2012
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    New Morelia DNA, a classic Morelia upper with Neo soleplate
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

vanjory, mbonness and SCP_16 repped this.
  7. john_mizuno8

john_mizuno8 Member

Olympiakos
    Greece
    Mar 16, 2012
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
  8. DrSkillz1800

DrSkillz1800 Member

Apr 13, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
  9. dejansavicevic10

Jun 12, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    Any feedback on the Morelia DNA

derbyyank13 repped this.
  10. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    john_mizuno8, temesgen and gusgorman repped this.
  11. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    derbyyank13 repped this.
  12. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Thank you!

13. Vulpine

Vulpine New Member

Mar 18, 2016
    USA
    #4438 Vulpine, Oct 7, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
    Hey guys,

So apparently, the last for Mizuno shoes, has changed within the last year or two? Which is a shorter last for all Mizuno boots, ever since it was introduced? I'm very interested in getting a new pair of the Morelia II, Rebula Cup, or the Rebula 3 (KL). Whether they are Japanese, or from Indonesia, doesn't really matter. I have had great success, with every Mizuno boot purchased. (Obviously, the MIJ is the best, but sometimes there are great deals, on the Indonesian, Mizuno shoes). Aka the "Elite" versions, of the Rebula Cup.

Since my size in Indonesian-made Morelia's, (from 3+ years ago), is: US 11, EUR 44.5, JP 29.0, UK 10

Should I get: US 10.5, EUR 44, JP 28.5, UK 9.5

For any of the 3 boots above? Both MIJ and Indonesian? Please let me know, pretty confusing.

14. Vulpine

Vulpine New Member

Mar 18, 2016
    USA
    #4439 Vulpine, Oct 8, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
    Oh, I forgot one other Mizuno model, that attracted me. If you can please consider my sizing question, for this boot as well:

Mizuno_Monarcida_2_MIJ_P1GA1721___.jpg Mizuno_Monarcida_2_MIJ_P1GA1721____.jpg Mizuno_Monarcida_2_MIJ_P1GA1721_____.jpg Mizuno_Monarcida_2_MIJ_P1GA1721.jpg Mizuno_Monarcida_2_MIJ_P1GA1721_.jpg Mizuno_Monarcida_2_MIJ_P1GA1721__.jpg

It is called the Monarcida 2. Not the Monarcida Neo 2. This boot is wider, chunkier, and more solid, than the Monarcida Neo 2. My kind of boot, it reminds me of the Morelia II, with different stiching patterns. It is also Kangaroo leather, Made In Japan, and can be found for roughly $120 on Ebay. All music to my ears, no doubt.

It is difficult to find a good boot like the Morelia II, without spending $200+. The Nike Premier FG has been discontinued, it is hard to find Diadora Brasil's to try on, etc. Specifically, the model # for this shoe is:
    P1GA1721

Please let me know, if you have experience, or can make a good guess, about the sizing, (and your performance opinion), about this model. It is quite intriguing, thank you.

15. Vulpine

Vulpine New Member

Mar 18, 2016
    USA
    Alright, so I ordered the Monarcida 2 MIJ, off of Ebay, in my size for older Morelia's, (a 11 US). Will let you guys know about the fit and performance of them. Excited about these, they look like a Morelia II, with a different vamp pattern, and other small differences. K-leather, Mizuno build quality, etc, they look like the business!