Mizuno Thread [9] - info, pictures, questions here.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, May 9, 2014.

1. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Ah fair enough! The Monarcida should great then!

2. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    I'm so damn excited for these! That colour is almost perfect!

Lepari repped this.
  3. mbonness

mbonness Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #4078 mbonness, Jul 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
    In case anyone's interested, I ordered a pair of the Rebula 3 MIJ and Rebula 3 Elite and posted some photos and thoughts on the differences here. Bottom Line: Both shoes are fantastic, comfortable, pure (but modern) leather boots.

But I haven't decided which shoes I'm going to keep yet. Biggest differences:
    (1) Quality of leather: noticeably softer on the MIJ; but doesn't feel as noticeable on-foot;
    (2) Coverage of leather: MIJ provides more leather coverage on the lateral side, although, ultimately, both shoes offer leather on nearly all of the striking surfaces;
    (3) Stud pressure: the MIJ's baseplate has an additional interior plate, which seems to decrease the stud pressure from the third (full-size) stud on the lateral side of the forefoot; stud pressure from that stud is pretty noticeable in the Elite.

Attached Files:

4. mbonness

mbonness Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Correction: ... the third (full-size) stud on the medial side of the forefoot.

5. Lepari

Lepari Member

Jul 11, 2015
    What's with the laces always on the MiJ versions? They are like from hockey skates :D Not a big deal for me, but are they considered better than thin ones for some reason?

6. Lepari

Lepari Member

Jul 11, 2015
    And cool to see that not everyone shares Stu's disappointments with the Elite version. I'm interested to read more about differences of them if you still figure out something new.

7. mbonness

mbonness Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can definitely understand why someone would be disappointed with the Elite. Straight out of the box, the MIJ looks and feels premium; while the leather portion of the Elite's upper feels thicker and stiffer. Plus, the Elite looks less attractive with the flat grey leather that's oddly mismatched with the stark white synthetic portion. I was disappointed too. But then I laced-up the Elite, and it feels better than I anticipated. The MIJ feels great too; but they're different. But even if I end up generally preferring the Elite's feel, without the MIJ's interior forefoot plate (see the picture I included above), the pressure from that one stud might steer me towards the MIJ.

Lepari repped this.
  8. mbonness

mbonness Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wondered the same thing! I guess the Japanese consider thicker laces as premium.

Lepari repped this.
  9. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    Prodirectsoccer has the full range of the new rebula 3 blackout pack n Morelia neo 2 JP as well.....

Lepari repped this.
  10. Lepari

Lepari Member

Jul 11, 2015
    Cool! Checked Unisport after seeing your message and they added those too. Now just need some coupon for a discount on the Rebulas, PDS has lower price for me but I'd prefer to support Unisport.

11. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    in my country, i can get the neo 2 JP at EUD195 and Rebula 3 for EUD215....nett delivered.....very reasonable price.....

Lepari repped this.
  12. audioblueprint

audioblueprint New Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Jul 10, 2019
    Hi all

Has anybody tried or seen in person the Mizuno AG soleplate?

I am playing loads of games on AG and am considering either the Rebula or Morelia 2 AG.

I tried using my Morelia 2 TM last week and feel like it’s too much stud pressure.

13. sscholz700

sscholz700 Member

Nov 16, 2016
    I get these yesterday for 178 euros Screenshot_20190710_173503_com.android.chrome.jpg

john_mizuno8 and Lepari repped this.
  14. sscholz700

sscholz700 Member

Nov 16, 2016
    I get the rebula 1 mij for 127 euro. But is not the best colour IMG_20190710_174107.jpg IMG_20190710_174055.jpg IMG_20190710_174049.jpg

Lepari repped this.
  15. Lepari

Lepari Member

Jul 11, 2015
    I'm so jealous, honestly. I can't even test fit since there isn't a single shop that sells Mizuno football boots in Finland. Only running shoes and clothes. 318 euros from Unisport and 302 euros from PDS for the Rebula, so basically yours is like over 30% discounted. And if I order for a cheaper price from a company which is outside the EU then it's customs duty.

16. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    Lepari

those prices are not discounted but online retail price......it's ship out of Singapore, JP to SG is duty free.....

PM me if you need help.....but pls find out if a gift item is dutiable/taxable

Lepari and temesgen repped this.
  17. Running_Man

Running_Man Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Asia
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    New colorway of the Monarcida Neo Japan to be released tomorrow.

I am tempted......but at the same time i want the blue x black one too......

Attached Files:

derbyyank13 repped this.
  18. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    i'm waiting for the price reduction on the blue-silver-black ones....

19. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Why not both? Hahahah

20. 23ninety

23ninety Member

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 14, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I tried them a few years ago the neo 2 release they didn’t even make it through one game, the upper separated majorly from the sole plate

21. 23ninety

23ninety Member

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 14, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I sold mine unfortunately but pretty sure I know someone with 2 pairs size 26cm

derbyyank13 repped this.
  22. asianboy

asianboy Member

Apr 24, 2013
    Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    25.5cm would be even better. Let me know if they have them available and for what price. thanks!

23. 23ninety

23ninety Member

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 14, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Spoke to him smallest size he has is 26cm hit him up on Instagram @tokyoboyzclub he's expecting your message

24. 23ninety

23ninety Member

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 14, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Having a real struggle here of what boot to get to wear for the season!?
    Do I get another Neo 2 or Morelia 2 or do I go Rebula 3 or maybe even Wave cup if I can find any? HELP PLEASE

25. asianboy

asianboy Member

Apr 24, 2013
    Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Wave cup or rebula 3