Mitt Romney for President--Part something

Discussion in 'Elections' started by bigredfutbol, Jan 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ties5o11

Ties5o11 Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This has nothing to do with it. My point was, all Obama has to do is release his college transcripts. There is a wealth of circumstantial evidence suggesting Obama did not apply, and get into, Columbia as a transfer from Occidental. I don't care about it though, Obama's past is his past, my only point was this obsession with Romney's taxes is absurd to focus on and not everything that Obama has hidden. If you care about one, then you should care about the other. I don't care about either really, (although I do wish as much information as possible would become public record) just show me how you are going to govern.

2. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    In case you guys are wondering why I, and others, have Ties on ignore, well...

Since he's back, I'm going to have to make sure I'm logged in.

3. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One thing (reference the bolded material):

Did you or did you not say this?

4. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    That's a fair point. I'm not sure I agree they are equivalent (taxes and college records) - but maybe that's my bias. I think a better criticism of Obama is the open health care thing since I think he promised that.

I'm just glad it's not my candidate that is being dodgy with taxes because while you may or may not think liberals are being ridiculous over this issue, I'd just hate to have to defend something that I think is pretty fixable and should have been anticipated long, long ago. I don't think I would.

5. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005
    Thanks, I'll follow your lead. After reading this forum for the past month or two, I have to say, the quality of posters sure does come from both extremes.

Dr. Wankler repped this.
  6. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    There are a lot of people with whom I nearly always disagree who will never be on my ignore list. But Ties... He doesn't bring much to the forum.

7. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
  9. DynamoEAR

DynamoEAR Member+

May 30, 2011
    HoustAtlantaDMV
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hate to be that guy but

argentine soccer fan thread is what 4 years old?

Time for a fresh start?

Dr. Wankler repped this.
  10. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Against my better judgment, I'm going to treat this post with respect.

You're comparing

1. Something that happened 30 years ago to something that happened 3 years ago and
    2. Something that POTUS candidate have been releasing for over 40 years to something POTUS candidates rarely if ever release.

Please stop your jihad against common sense. Jihads never work in the long run.

12. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  13. That Phat Hat

That Phat Hat Member+

Nov 14, 2002
    Just Barely Outside the Beltway
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Not to mention Romney has been on the record about the importance of releasing tax returns to the public. Why, he pressured Ted Kennedy into releasing his returns in 1994 (Romney didn't), and then got pissy in 2002, not because Shannon O'Brien didn't release hers (she did), but she didn't release her husband's returns.

14. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I can see people being disappointed in Obama or critical of him, but I truly cannot fathom anyone genuinely supporting Mitt Romney! That guy doesn't stand for anything, is clearly a fake, and any votes he gets would be simply a vote against Obama. Otherwise, I don't think anyone can say anything that would make a positive case for Romney being elected.

As for those who don't want to vote for Obama, I hope they forget about Romney and the hopelessly lost Republican party and instead look to Johnson and the Libertarians. It would be an amazing day in America and in American politics, perhaps even bigger than the day Obama became the first African American to be elected as president of the US, if by some miracle that would in fact merely show the victory of common sense over special interests, the US ended up electing a third party candidate over the puppets representing the two major parties. I agree that even a Libertarian president, on his own, will not be able to break the stranglehold of special interests groups over American politics nor affect as much change as one would hope. But as has been said before, even a journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.

15. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Does anyone question why there is this disconnect with him and reality? If only we were all as entitled as he.

16. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sadly, about 44% of the country fails to see the disconnect.

17. That Phat Hat

That Phat Hat Member+

Nov 14, 2002
    Just Barely Outside the Beltway
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    That's what happens when a scion/CEO carries the hope of a party that's on the brink.

18. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina