Missed player - Stefani Miglioranzi - Swindon Town

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Leocheck, Nov 8, 2004.

1. Leocheck

Leocheck Member

Oct 20, 2004
    Copied from a thread at sigames.com data forum:

Stefani Miglioranzi - Swindon Player
    STFCDude
    Amateur

posted 19 October 2004 15:41

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi, you've listed his place of birth as unknown, but to let you know he was actually born in Pacos de Caldas, Brazil. Also, he has American citizenship so shouldn't this appear as a second nationality?

Adz iw
    Amateur

Location: Wight Nationalism - Bradbury, Rowlett, Buxton and Silk. Where do we apply for UEFA?

posted 19 October 2004 17:32

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Actually, so i remember from his days at Pompy, His nationality is infact American, and he was born in Brazil. Because the US is his nominated national side, Brazilian is his second nationality, but for the purposes of this game, his second nationality has to be classed as Italian for his EU citizenship. Maybe the DB needs changing to allow multiple second nations (covers other players such as Owen Hargreaves, the Canadian Born English national team performing, son of a Welsh Mother German citizen)
    STFCDude
    Amateur

posted 19 October 2004 17:35

quote:
    Originally posted by Adz iw:
    Actually, so i remember from his days at Pompy, His nationality is infact American, and he was born in Brazil. Because the US is his nominated national side, Brazilian is his second nationality, but for the purposes of this game, his second nationality has to be classed as Italian for his EU citizenship. Maybe the DB needs changing to allow multiple second nations (covers other players such as Owen Hargreaves, the Canadian Born English national team performing, son of a Welsh Mother German citizen)

Quite correct, he's a Brazilian born New Yorker!!
    Gripper
    Sports Interactive

posted 19 October 2004 18:15

Not every single city and town or village in the world is in our 'cities' database.

The reason players have an 'unknown' place of birth is that either it is not published (many amateur and part-time players) or the person was born in a city which does not have a club or for which there is no db entry.

2. PaulGascoigne

PaulGascoigne Member+

Feb 5, 2001
    Aotearoa/NZ
    This guy is one of the 3-4 all-time BigSoccer Yanks abroad figures. There was tons and tons on him once upon a time. He's right up there other legends like Melchior Arnold and Jordan Older (and those two engaged in shameless self-promotion), and just a little behind all-time King Dontavious Fleming (!).

IIRC...played at St. John's, moved to England--can't remember where he played besides Portsmouth and Swindon. Seemed to get small amounts of PT--has amazing fan support on these boards...maybe there are a lot of St. John's people on the YA boards...nicknamed "Migs" on these boards, which is vaguely annoying for some reason...Part Brazilian, Part Italian, Part American...I don't remember anything saying he ever wanted to be part of the US team were he ever be good enough to get a call-up.

I'll wait to see what anyone writes about his recent exploits.

3. PaulGascoigne

PaulGascoigne Member+

Feb 5, 2001
    Aotearoa/NZ
  4. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More disturbing than annoying considering he shares the nickname with a character from Silence of the Lambs.

5. AEK

AEK Member

Apr 7, 2000
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Correct you are! I also believe he was quoted as saying he would play internationally for which ever country decided to cap him first...hmmmm:)

6. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    I asked St. John's sports information department about "Migs" last year. They don't think he's an American citizen.

7. Leocheck

Leocheck Member

Oct 20, 2004
    He is for sure, a Swindon mate of mine called Swindon, and they said that he is a Yank.

8. swedcrip34

swedcrip34 New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    I usually track his matches on soccernet. Half the time he's called Brazilian, half the time American. Fairly sure he's a "Yank". He's been out injured most of this season.

9. Wahoo

Wahoo New Member

Aug 15, 2001
    Seattle, USA
    I remember people talking about him much more when he was with Portsmouth in Division 1 - when division 1 was the 2nd highest level in England.

Now that Portsmouth is in the Premier League and Stefani is with Swindon he seems to have falled off the radar a bit. Swindon is of course now in League 1, the 3rd level in England.

I found this from his bio at This Is Swindon Town FC
    http://www.thisisstfc.co.uk/Club_Player_Details.asp?PlayerID=92

For each match they give a rating and a 1-2 line blurb about his play.
    My favorite - from the game against Bradford on September 25th.
    "Main contribution was a shot from which he was injured. Replaced after 26 minutes"
    - He hasn't played since that injury.
    Who does he think he is - John O'Brien???

Anyway, it sounds like he normally plays pretty well - though they'd like him to shoot more often.