MISL team dropped

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by ButlerBob, Oct 22, 2004.

1. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The league terminated the Monterrey Fury franchise today. I remember last year they had some problems with using ineligible players. I guess there were some other issues that were going on. This seems like a really bad time to close down a franchise. I wonder what will happen to the home dates teams had for the Fury? :(

http://www.misl.net/news/?cat=1&id=3591

2. dmain

dmain Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Over on the letsplaysoccer forum there is some speculation that there may be a Mexican First Division team looking to take over the managment role of the Fury and that they may only :rolleyes: miss Five games. I would think that the MISL would have to something going on to do this at such a late stage as the season has already begun. But this is the MISL.

3. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This whole thing just seems kind of strange. It just doesn't make sense that they couldn't have worked something out with this team. Last year they fielded a pretty good team for an expansion team and then led the league in attendance. I doubt that all of the issues will come out. :confused:

4. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Is this league going to last?

5. dmain

dmain Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I read that some of the players were having problems getting paid :( plus the fury were suppossed to provide more info about Finacial status, etc. to the league. I think the biggest thing it that Tigres wants in and the MISL wants them. With all the problems they had last year with the current group I can't blame them. The MISL gave them a deadline to clean up there act & they didn't. Tigres wanted to buy them but it didn't get done so the MISL cancelled the Furia contract and now will sell to Tigres.

6. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member