MISL Salary Question

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by misl_misl, Aug 30, 2005.

1. misl_misl

misl_misl New Member

Aug 30, 2005
    I am a player who will be trying out w/ a few MISL teams this fall.

I was wondering if someone could give me some idea on the MISL player salary?

I realize salaries vary, but what is the average salary? and how does it compare to A-League (USL Div. 1)?

Do players have to work other jobs during the season?

Thanks for the info.

2. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    you'll make very little. you'll need to supplement your income with coaching or some other job. and you are only paid in season.
    and your salary will be pittance compared to the D1/D2 leagues.
    but don't forget, while the EPL guys are making 20k/week, you will be playing for the love of the game. that will show them.

3. Rich P

Rich P Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Cleveland, OH
    Well, the "alleged" salary cap is around 300K per team, so divide that amongst 16 players, which (if all players were paid the same) would equal about 18,750 for the season.

Lets say that the season runs seven months (that is, if your team doesn't fold in mid-season, then you would get the old high hard one), you would make about $2600 per month before taxes. If you divide that by 160 hours per month (40 hour weeks), you're making about $16.75 per hour.

Not great money, but it's still more than I make.

However, with the exception of the star players, no one gets paid year round, so you'll be needing a job playing in the A-League or flipping burgers at McDonalds in the summer.

Come to think of it, flipping burgers at Mickey D's is a hell of a lot more secure job than playing in the MISL.

4. StingStorm

StingStorm New Member

Jul 10, 2005
    Alot of McDonalds anymore I swear dont have any rules to follow. 9 times out of 10 they get the order wrong and they keep their jobs.

5. crhs_fusballer

crhs_fusballer New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    Vancouver,WA
    So how much do USL players make?

6. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some teams provide housing for players.

7. mutinywxgirl

mutinywxgirl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 6, 1999
    St. Petersburg, FL
    USL players can range from no pay (amateur teams) to upwards of $4000/month. It just depends on the team and division. But, the majority of players don't make much at all.

8. Persian Luis Figo

Persian Luis Figo New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    I realize this is an old thread but I was hoping by now people have more knowledge of such stuff.

MISL from what I understand is the highest 'indoor soccer league' in Canada and U.S. , is it not?

And so I was curious about 'base avg salaries' for it.

p.s. Does anybody know what the salaries of INDOOR players in Europe's best leagues are?

9. bomp

bomp New Member

Dec 22, 1999
    Baltimore, MD.
    The MISL acts like they are ashamed of what they pay the players. Of course, I'm sure the owners are happy that they don't HAVE to pay much. The players get another job. The teams trade out for things. Apartments, cars, clothes, food. Stuff like that. No one gets rich on indoor.

10. Persian Luis Figo

Jan 3, 2005
    Not in North America I suppose anyway.

In Europe I hear it's not too bad.

Sure Indoor is never gonna be as popular or give you anywhere as much $$$ as outdoor players but I hear in Spanish Top Futsal league (supposedly one of the best), you can make quite a decent amount of money!

11. AllAboutHenry

AllAboutHenry New Member

Apr 24, 2004
    I remember reading somewhere that the top European futsal players can make around 15000 euro a month. Ill try to find the link.

12. Persian Luis Figo

Jan 3, 2005
    I've been doing a little research on this myself and talking to some Spanish friends and they said in Spanish league (which is supposedly the best in Europe), some players from some good teams can make even as much as players in lower teams of LA LIGA!!!!

That sounds pretty f'n sweet to me. Means if you're good enough even without being the best and getting extra money off commercials and etc, you can get a pretty healthy 'basic salary per month' and make as much as some Top players of OUTDOOR football such as players playing in Mallorca, Recreativo, etc. which is not what I expected. :)

13. AllAboutHenry

AllAboutHenry New Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Do you know how much those lower La Liga players make?

14. AllAboutHenry

AllAboutHenry New Member

Apr 24, 2004
  15. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    You're going to try out for the league but you have no idea what it pays? Good luck to you, my friend, you'll need it.

16. Joseezv

Joseezv New Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    i know this thread is old and stuff, i googled this topic and this thread showed up haha
    well, i noticed that the thread is from 4 years ago, i was wondering what is the basic salary for a MISL player is now? i guess that is has gone up since then right? and i know there is a team in Monterrey, Mexico...do players in that team get paid in dollars or pesos? thank you guys :D

17. FifaMan328

FifaMan328 Member

Dec 5, 2008
    they get paid in Coronas!

18. Joseezv

Joseezv New Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    hahahaha nice :p

no, but seriously :B

19. FifaMan328

FifaMan328 Member

Dec 5, 2008
    players get paid on a per month basis
    Season runs about 6 months (technically 5 months if they start Nov 1st)

all players supplement their income in various ways. Camps, outdoor soccer, real jobs etc.....

don't have exact figures...but can tell you Genoni is the top paid player in Monterrey.
    players aren't making the $50,000-$100,000 per year anymore, and the idiot owners in NJ that paid Neto what they did... look where they are now

hope that helps

20. Joseezv

Joseezv New Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    ohh i see, it helps a lot man, thanks a lot! and i guess since this is an american league, they get paid in dollars (it would be stupid if they got paid in pesos xD).
    thanks! :D

coronas would be fun to get too! hahaha

21. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL , how many coronas do the get per game

22. Joseezv