MISL Missouri Comets

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by dcunitedTV, Jul 10, 2010.

1. jgoethe

jgoethe Member

Feb 17, 2011
    Club:
    Bristol City FC
    I think the Wings are at least two scorers short of being competitive. We'll see, though. I really like how the Comets are set up, and the way last season ended and with the additions from last year, and I think they'll give Milwaukee a run for it.

2. MizzouMan22

MizzouMan22 Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Wave is going to be tough, especially now that Howes is on board. As it stands today the Wings have signed more proven scorers than Norfolk or Rochestor.

I'm trying to temper my enthusiam for the Comets this year, but some of the guys on the team have been training for the last week or so together, just so they are ready for training camp. Which means to me they are commited to starting off strong. We will see though.

3. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the Comets are going to be very good this season. I was very impressed with their play toward the end of last season. Dare I say, they may even overtake the mighty Blast. (Blasphemy!)

4. MizzouMan22

MizzouMan22 Member

Mar 2, 2008
    We will find out Blast and Comets play 4 times now.

I still think the Blast is better than the Comets, even though they lost Robbie A and Pat Morris.

5. MizzouMan22

MizzouMan22 Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Jgoethe -

Did you see the Wings signed Bryan Perez from the Comets? This was the guy I was alluding to earlier. I think Perez can be a pretty good player in this league.

6. jgoethe

jgoethe Member

Feb 17, 2011
    Club:
    Bristol City FC
    Yep... I did see that. I liked him last year. Definitely think he's a quality pickup for the Wings. I still think the Wings still need another finisher or two.

7. CometsFan

CometsFan Member

Nov 15, 2010
    From the team's facebook page, these are the guys invited to the combine beginning in the morning:

Anderson, Russell
    Baker, Matt
    Boateng, Joshua
    Butos, Danny
    Clayton, Michael
    Clemens-Russell, Zach
    Davies, Robert
    Davis, Jordan
    Dias, Cristiano
    Fitzpatrick, Andy
    Franco, Estevao
    Harris, Jay
    Hede', Jonathan
    Hunjak, Tanner
    Jiergena, Danny
    Julio César “Pungüi” Suazo
    Kanu, Warren
    Markey, John
    Merker, Steve
    Miranda, Arnaldo
    Norwood, Marques
    Nuno, Andrew
    Saarna, Kalev
    Schreck, Josh
    Seah, Sunday
    Williams, Brian
    Young, Jacob

8. wsls9999

wsls9999 Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Salisbury, MD
    Has Danny Waltman re-signed yet?

9. CometsFan

CometsFan Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Danny is entering the 2nd year of his original two year contract

10. GoKCComets

GoKCComets New Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Looks like Wichita signed Jamar Beasley, along with Jamie Harding, Casey Barton and Bryan Perez. Sucks to see Beasley go, he was really good up top, but I am guessing with the signings of Junge and Kante, money was probably thin. Although it is concerning Kante hasn't reported yet and yesterday was the first practice.

11. MizzouMan22

MizzouMan22 Member

Mar 2, 2008
    This is why Kansas City is such a soccer city. Thought I would share over here with you guys on the Indoor board. This is in the Kansas City Star.

[​IMG]

12. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Of all the slogans they could have picked why "Same Game New Era"?

It couldn't be a more different game unless they mean same as Comets 2?

"Same NAME, New Era" maybe.

13. Abracadabra

Abracadabra BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds way to close to SSDD to me.

14. StormFire

StormFire Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Chicago
    I like how they completely leave out any mention of Missouri..... I understand that they "had" to be named Missouri, but this is kind of funny.

That said, great advertisement and good luck to the Comets.

15. GoKCComets

GoKCComets New Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Bad news Comets fans. Kante is not coming to play for the team, and the rumor is Leo got dinged in practice and is hobbled right now. Not looking good for the defense. Plus, Geison and Lucas are playing in their outdoor championship tomorrow night. Wonder if they will throw them in the fire right away next week or let them rest a week.

16. Jim Bob Rhino

Jim Bob Rhino Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYI,

We are scheduled to have Byron Alvarez on tomorrow's show at approximately 11:38am EST.

http://kickthis.com/

17. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    and Geison is a tough player - I would think not to worry about him
    he is young / strong and resilliant
    and a good guy!

18. wsls9999

wsls9999 Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Salisbury, MD
    So is Thursday's opener NOT going to be on the web? It is not listed on the misllive site

19. spinman

spinman Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Kansas City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://misl.uslsoccer.com/home/575858.html

Interesting. Scorin Goran Hunjak's boy is now a member of the Comets. I wonder if he will ever see the field.

I like the fact that the team has signed a deal with Frontier Airlines, that should be a good sponsorship. I'm sure the Wave helped out on this, since they have a long standing relationship with Frontier Airlines.

20. josh242

josh242 Member

May 30, 2008
    Denver
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It looks like none of the Wichita home games are listed on the misllive schedule. Is there a problem broadcasting from that particular building perhaps?

21. The Stever

The Stever Member

Dec 4, 2003
    Tin roof? 220 vs 110 -- or no running electricity at all?

The Wings owner owns the building, so I can only imagine that it's because he doesn't want Wichitonians staying home instead of packing the place and buying his popcorn...

22. Blastnut2

Blastnut2 Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Very disappointing if that turns out to be the case, I will have to wait an extra day to see a game on-line. For Blast fans it means no coverage of the away game against the wings as the internet feed was the only live coverage of the Blast games. Fortunately for me, I will see the game in Witchita in person, looking forward to experiencing the atmosphere at a Wings home game.

23. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Was Tanner Hunjak born in Baltimore?

24. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Blastnut2 - you going to any Wave games vs. Blast in Milwaukee??

25. Blastnut2

Blastnut2 Member

Feb 25, 2008
    I will miss the game in Rochester at 1pm on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, but with that one exception, the plan is to see all other games. So I will see you on New Years Eve, we are going only for the day but if you get up there early enough, maybe we could meet for lunch.