MISL Missouri Comets

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by dcunitedTV, Jul 10, 2010.

1. CFL-fan

CFL-fan Member

May 1, 2006
    Maryland
    Spinman could be confused. I doubt they would be willing or able to keep most of last year's roster with there move from the MISL to the PASL. My guess is he still thinks Omaha is in the MISL.

2. spinman

spinman Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Kansas City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No I'm fully aware. I don't think they will play at all. They don't have an owner. He is trying to put the team up for public sale on the penny stock market. To generate funds.

3. CFL-fan

CFL-fan Member

May 1, 2006
    Maryland
    Thanks for the update. How come we haven't heard from our resident PASL executive about this development.

4. IndoorSoccerNews

Nov 28, 2010
    Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. OmaHawkeye

OmaHawkeye New Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    They do have an owner, but raising capital through a stock sale isn't putting the team up for sale. And of course it would be on the "penny stock market", because no U.S. soccer team (indoor or outdoor) would have the capitalization or trading volumes to be on one of the listed exchanges. What is unknown is what percentage of the company Warren Ferris will sell and what he will keep. I can't imagine too many people thinking there would be any financial return for buying shares in an indoor soccer team, and not enough passionate fans here to do a Green Bay Packers type offering. And if your intent is to play sometime, whether now or in the future, you don't sell season tickets now and then cancel the year.

6. The Stever

The Stever Member

Dec 4, 2003
    I feel compelled to add that I check the Indoor Soccer message boards DAILY for new posts and comments... and in doing so this afternoon, I was utterly disappointed that no new posts had been made since yesterday. That simply won't do... so there you go.

7. MizzouMan22

MizzouMan22 Member

Mar 2, 2008
    I was told by one of the Comets players last night that the team is making a big announcement today. He didn't know specifics but had heard it has nothing to do with soccer?

8. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The team sent out a tweet yesterday that they would be announcing some sort of partnership.

9. spinman

spinman Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Kansas City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Comets are taking over the AFL team in Kansas City. The Command.
    http://www.cometsindoorsoccer.com/news/articledetail.php?articleid=132

I don't know what this means as far as on the Comets side, but it's a pretty big deal in KC. I don't think anybody thought this was what they where going to announce.

Pretty unique relationship an MISL and AFL team.

10. Abracadabra

Abracadabra BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. MISLComets

MISLComets New Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Independence, MO
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know that the marriage of MISL and Arena Football is not something you see very often, but we are excited about our new partnership with the KC Command. We are lucky to have two great arenas in the KC area with the Sprint Center and the IEC.

The partnership we have allows us to bring sponsors the opportunity to reach KC sports fans all year round, not just during the five months of the MISL season. In turn, that opens the door for more corporate partnerships and ultimately more fan opportunities for both teams.

Thanks!

12. HollandsComet

HollandsComet Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Raytown, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wasn't even aware the Command existed until well after their season started this year. Meh...

13. Abracadabra

Abracadabra BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah, now the light comes on. Pretty shrewd there.

14. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think every MISL city with a Arena Football league should do this the more help the better to spread the word

15. MizzouMan22

MizzouMan22 Member

Mar 2, 2008
    I agree with your statement. Hopefully thats why the Comets are partnering with them.

I think this will be a good thing for the Comets team in the future. But it's out of left field completely.

16. IndoorSoccerNews

Nov 28, 2010
    Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't get it. The KC Command are drawing less than the Comets and they play in the Sprint Center. Maybe the two teams should do an arena swap?..

17. HollandsComet

HollandsComet Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Raytown, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ditto goes for MISL cities with nearby Major League Soccer franchises. They could be helping each other, especially since their seasons don't overlap.

18. MizzouMan22

MizzouMan22 Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Wichita Wings owner also owns and IFL (lower league than the AFL) team. So I believe they are doing this already.

Hollands Comets - how ready are you for the Comets season to start?

19. GoKCComets

GoKCComets New Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Not Hollands, but I am definitely stoked for this season to start. The Comets grew so much last year, and I think they were a legit threat at the end of last season. I think they are going to give the Wave everything they want this year. We were a deflected 3-pointer from playing in the title game last year.

Mizzou and Hollands you guys season ticket holders? We will be in our second year here. We sit first row to the right of the goal the players from to start the game.

20. MizzouMan22

MizzouMan22 Member

Mar 2, 2008
    I'm actually a mooch. I don't pay for tickets or have season tickets. I get them from my friends on the team. I went to most of the games last year though. But I sit in a different seat almost every other game.

I think the Comets have a pretty talented team, interested to see if they close the gap on the blast. Blast detroyed them in all but 1 game last year.

21. spinman

spinman Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Kansas City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Blast and the Wave will always be the gold standard. Comets are getting stonger by the day. I like their roster and locking guys up for awhile shows they have a strategy in place.

Darkhorse is Syracuse, Tommy Tanner is going to field a pretty talented team from what I'm hearing. Johnny Steele is a big time player, and is going to score a lot.

22. jgoethe

jgoethe Member

Feb 17, 2011
    Club:
    Bristol City FC

I think the Comets will be very good. This year will be my second as a Comets season ticket holder driving up from Wichita (and will have season tix in Wichita, too). Thanks to some lucky scheduling, there aren't any overlaps in home games, per se', but one weekend of Friday in KC, Saturday in Wichita, Sunday in KC where I'll give away the Sunday tix.

23. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we have an excellent candidate for MISL Fan of the Year!

24. MizzouMan22

MizzouMan22 Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Wings are going to be strong. Chili, Moojen, Harding, Barton and Sandaldo are a pretty strong nucleaus to start with.

I heard a rumor that one of the Comets rookie players from last year was signing with Wichita, apparently coach Kim didn't want him back and LaBaron gobbled him up.

25. wsls9999

wsls9999 Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Salisbury, MD
    Some of them are old and haven't played since the "old wings" played. Sanaldo travels around. He's ok, but not amazing. Farias gives when he wants to give, otherwise, he's a head case.