MISL Missouri Comets

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by dcunitedTV, Jul 10, 2010.

1. dcunitedTV

dcunitedTV Member

Sep 30, 2007
    USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

-------
    http://www.examiner.net/sports/x909202255/New-Comets-GM-grew-up-in-Royals-clubhouse

Thanks for the news

2. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your reason was wrong.

3. dcunitedTV

dcunitedTV Member

Sep 30, 2007
    USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What does this mean for this event/group?

http://www.KcProIndoorSoccer.com/

side not: I hope the team keeps the original team colors and does turn the comet logo into some cartoony looking deal

4. Soccer-Man

Soccer-Man New Member

Nov 12, 2005
    We may agree to disagree, but the main thing is that indoor soccer is back in Kansas City. Indoor soccer should never be without Kansas City. It's way to important a market for the MISL.

Special thanks to Commissioner Grimaldi, Chairman Edwin F. Hale, and Vice Chairman Lindenberg for seeing this through. This is really a big deal for our sport and soccer in general.

5. Joey Tee

Joey Tee Member

Newcastle United
    United States
    Apr 12, 2010
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

cheers!

6. ff2doc628

ff2doc628 Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    never saw this one coming i was wrong....I have never met brian but he is the owner of the kc soccerdome and owner of the pasl kings. I stopped playing for couple years and in that time he bought the soccerdome and did a ton of work fixing it up. That building had alot of talent roll through the doors. all the former comets, jon parry,kevin keotters,tom knox,chris damico,jason and robbie puttoff plus a ton of A ball players..I was told the former owner was looking into it with zoran savic. Ed is a hell of a nice guy and i have been playing soccer against him for 20 years. He has been a fixture in goal at the soccerdome for 20 plus years.
    We played against him about eight weeks ago he was keeper for a all star group of young college players they got me for 10 goals and my right MCL.....I assume these are some of the players he is bringing along. I have not heard from my cousin in couple days but i have a email into him to see how this plays in with his group.
    This is great and i will be calling Ed to put my deposit down for season tickets.
    Hopefully if Steamers come back they will go back to Kansas City Comets.

7. dcunitedTV

dcunitedTV Member

Sep 30, 2007
    USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If anything maybe the 2nd group can partner with the Comets and turn that exhibition game into a fan fest of sorts to promote the new team.

8. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    You mean like the film canister logo Comets 2 had?

I think it would be best to go with the original logo if they are going to insist on using the name again.

9. dcunitedTV

dcunitedTV Member

Sep 30, 2007
    USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah go with the Original. not Comets 2.

[​IMG]

10. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We don't agree to disagree. You're an idiot. The MISL hasn't held off announcing this because it was the honorable or classy thing to do. They've held off because even fewer people would have noticed during a World Cup than will notice on Monday when they do announce it. And few will notice then.

Your delusional "they held off so as not to upstage Sepp Blatter's party" is as sick as the notion that you "reported" this ages ago. "Reporting" does not entail throwing stuff against a wall and taking credit for what sticks because there's starch in it.

11. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So if you take credit for the Comets, you'll have to admit you were talking out of your ass if the other cities don't come true. And, no, "true at the time I wrote it" doesn't count. You're making shit up.

12. Redhawk1

Redhawk1 Member

May 12, 2006
    Well I said a LONG time ago that the MISL would return to KC this fall....and you all doubted me.

Syd: You said for a fact that the MISL was NOT coming back to KC.

I guess I could say I told you so.l

13. Joey Tee

Joey Tee Member

Newcastle United
    United States
    Apr 12, 2010
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I said a LONG time ago that the MISL would return to KC this fall....and you all doubted me.

Syd: You said for a fact that the MISL was NOT coming back to KC.

I guess I could say I told you so.l

cheers!

14. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i wonder if they will anounce it today down at the soccer festival in the inner harbor several blast players will be there & a few from the offices

15. dcunitedTV

dcunitedTV Member

Sep 30, 2007
    USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who cares what so and so said!

The important thing is this is a positive step for the MISL. Everyone so concerned about who scooped who. I for one could give a rats a$$ who was wrong.

Now that we have another team coming into the league why aren't we talking about what needs to be done for them to succeed and survive?

What aspects of the original comets need to be returned and what is out dated?

Coaching options? What kind of a relationship do the KC kings(PASL) now play for this team?

16. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

what i want to know is when will we have a dispersal draft & how many players can each team protect

17. dcunitedTV

dcunitedTV Member

Sep 30, 2007
    USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When Detroit and Orlando signed on how many did the protect?

18. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    I don't think it had anything at all to do with the World Cup.

And, in fact, they would have gotten MORE play by announcing it during the World Cup when everyone is talking about soccer.

Picture this cheesy anchor lead in. "World Cup fever has hit the USA, but could professional soccer be coming to Independence? We'll ask our own Craig Sanders tonight on sports."

19. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    If you keep saying the same thing you're bound to be right eventually. So now you're batting .100. Did you keep the game ball?

If you really "told us so" the MISL would have 15 teams drawing 7,000 a game right now.

20. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    You mean expansion draft. Dispersal drafts are what happened 15 times in the Ryan era.

21. brownbelt16

brownbelt16 New Member

Jul 5, 2010
    maryland
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    think anymore teams will join or KC is it for the year and hope we get more teams next year and not have any fold but with the MISL luck we will start the season with 6 teams and end of the season have 4 i hope that does not happen but has happen in the past

22. Soccer-Man

Soccer-Man New Member

Nov 12, 2005
    I stand by the cities that I threw out there. I 100% stand by what I said. In the next year or two, we will see teams in a lot of those cities. I do take full credit for breaking the Comets story, because I broke it a while ago. Now that what I said is starting to come to fruition, a lot of crow will be served for beakfast, lunch and dinner.

PS: Look at it this way Kenn, if the MISL expands that way I've predicted they will, you will have more cities to hopefully broadcast from.

23. Soccer-Man

Soccer-Man New Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Lets give credit where credit is due. Redhawk took a beating when he said that KC would be back. It was like one of those old WWF Handicap matches. But he, like myself, stood our ground.

Take a bow Redhawk on a job well done.

24. dz31

dz31 New Member

May 8, 2007
    Fast forward to April 2011 when the bLAST are watching the championship series from home again, and Soccerroid goes on his typical rant about how Kansas City is a horrible team and shouldn't have a place in the MISL because they do nothing to grow the league like the honorable Ed Hale and the Baltimore Blast do. U'r getting kinda boring soccerroid. And, you're still an idiot.

25. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Hey - I typed a whole list of cities a while back - I had like 20 on my list and I bet KC was on it - so when ever(if) a city joins I get some credit
    I think I am good for about 10 or 15 years from now
    and I agree who really cares anyway
    And until the Force comes back - MISL is weak!!!!
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA