MISL History Game of the “Week” Chicago Sting at Kansas City Comets 1-13-88

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by Joey Tee, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Joey Tee

Joey Tee Member

Newcastle United
    United States
    Apr 12, 2010
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MISL History Game of the “Week” Chicago Sting at Kansas City Comets 1-13-88

This game starts with about 5 minutes left in the 2nd qtr and the Comets are up 5-1. I apologize and can’t help it. It’s old footage but good and I love it. Kemper Arena is a hotbed of fanatics and they come out in full force on this one. Watch Dale Mitchell get his 200th goal, a great milestone for the Canadian. KC has firepower in Dale and Jan Goosens and a fanbase that we would all cheer for this sport right now. Chicago is led by Chris Vaccaro in goal and Batata in the midfield. Don’t forget, the Sting have a long history of soccer in America from the NASL, and have had great success winning the Championship in what goes down as the last Outdoor Title in the NASL. The Sting did the hybrid summer outdoor/winter indoor thing as a lot of teams did in the NASL to try and compete with the MISL. At this point, there is only one stage left…indoor MISL! The Sting franchise as a whole is on the doorsteps of death. They need every win they can get. They will have to do to work against the Great Alan Mayer in goal for the Comets…

There is great chatter caught in the production booth! Postgame Interview with Chris Vaccaro.

Enjoy!

TEE

firesting81 and Scooge repped this.
  2. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    That kind of blowout was relatively rare in the MISL.

firesting81 repped this.
  3. firesting81

firesting81 Member+

Jan 16, 2001
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Another fun one. I recall reading that the Sting were really bad by their end here, before the remnants would re-form as the Chicago Power and would be built into NPSL champions eventually.

Joey Tee repped this.