Rumor: Misl Expansion teams

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by cardshopmd, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i beleave that the orlando sharks are comming back since the site is still linking all the misl teams still why would they do that if they have no intentions of playing

also saint louis is in the pasl & wants to take the team pro for the 2010-2010 seasion so could they be in the misl

& its do or die time for the XSL since they said they plan to comback in 2010-2011 season if they do they only have 3 teams now

i am also hering the richmond kickers want in to the misl

what are you guys hearing or know for a fact about next season

2. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    time will tell - the world is built on good intentions

3. StormFire

StormFire Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Chicago
    Add the rumors about Dallas, Harrisburg, and Hampton Roads......

4. Capt. Chaos

Capt. Chaos Member

Chicago Fire & Reno 1868 FC
    United States
    Nov 12, 2005
    Way out in the land of the setting sun
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    So in one post the cities that are "rumored"

CHICAGO
    St. Louis
    Hampton Roads/Virginia Beach/Norfolk
    Dallas
    Harrisburg
    Hartford
    Detroit
    Richmond

obviously if a team were to come in they should already have everything setup before July 1st to try and be present at parades and other community events.

5. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    and do not forget ORLANDO?????

6. Elgin Indoor Fan

Elgin Indoor Fan New Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Why would someone abandon a car on the side of the road...unless they had no intentions of driving it? Perhaps no one has worked on their site.

Also, Soccer-Man already assured us the Sharks were coming back in 2009-2010. I don't know how much more plain he could have made it.

I heard St. Louis' PASL team lost their venue. Is that true?

Which three?

You know they were just saying that "hiatus" stuff to make it sound better, right? They're not coming back. There's no infrastructure in place. No owners. No nothing. Detroit has boarded up the windows. New Jersey's not going to have dates with the Nets and Devils playing in the arena now. Milwaukee's in the MISL. And Chicago's in the Ultimate Soccer League (tee hee).

It's not "do or die time" for the XSL. They died last year. Dead, dead, dead.

Have your ears checked.

Nobody knows jack for a fact. Every offseason it's the same rumored expansion crap. But everybody says they know it for a fact.

7. CaptSteamer

CaptSteamer Member

Nov 8, 2006
    St.Louis
    I checked their Wiki page; it shows they will play at the Dellwood Indoor Soccer Arena. It's about the same as Swanner's place, I went to an Ambush exhibition game there back in the 90's.

8. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    If Monterrey wasn't in the league I'd buy into the Richmond rumours. They have been around the PASL long enough to know what it takes to field an indoor team... not to mention their outdoor history.

9. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    What's the connection between Monterrey and Richmond?

10. wsls9999

wsls9999 Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Salisbury, MD
    They are both cities.

11. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Travel costs is what pushed the Kickers to self relegate themselves into the USL 2 from the 1st division. The Kickers have a sweet luxury bus that takes them all over and reduces their travel costs.. no flights or bus rentals. The Monterrey trips would push their costs up more then you'd think they would be willing to part with.

USL 2 usually wraps up before the 1st division so there is no overlapping schedule but it would also see them run a 24/7 365 operation. The overall costs has me thinking they wouldn't be willing to ride out a lean year or two when you consider how they streamlined their operations already but who knows ?

12. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    They had a PASL-Premier team for a year or two and then this year another Richmond group took it over. I don't know any other details.

13. Joey Tee

Joey Tee Member

Newcastle United
    United States
    Apr 12, 2010
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    April 11th, 2010

I saw a very trusted old Dallas Sidekicks individual on the town Saturday who tells me that “the MISL is in talks to have Philly, Milwaukee, Baltimore, Monterrey, “Kansas” (meaning KC I suppose), St Louis and finally….DALLAS to return to the MISL next year!!!!! Tatu, Billy Phillips and others are in line to get the Kicks back into the fold and are looking at possible arenas to select as the AAC is not an option…they need an arena that will hold 6500 +….”

Please email me anything you can add to this at joeytee@sbcglobal.net

“The owners that are in place have a very good understanding of how they need to go about things to make it work, weekend dates are extremely important to the vitality of the operations”

It may never be the same as the heyday, but I am in!

14. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Member

Mar 5, 2001
  15. FifaMan328

FifaMan328 Member

Dec 5, 2008
    5,000 is perfect for indoor soccer. should be able to sellout some games
    Detroit only held 3700 and they did well.

16. puma10

puma10 Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Rockford
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I have five questions:

1) Why did the Sidekicks folded? Could they have follow the Wave to the league that they joined.

2) How is the soccer community in the area? Even if the community is strong it doesn't mean that they are going to support the team.(ie Rockford)

3) How is the economy in the area, is there high unemployment? ( ie Rockford almost 20%)

4) Is the ownership strong and committed enough?

5) How do I get tickets for the Sean Hannity's Freedom Concert? Because when I think of Conservative values, I think of Lynyrd Skynyrd.:D

17. GameraRPZ

GameraRPZ Member

Jul 24, 2006
  18. Joey Tee

Joey Tee Member

Newcastle United
    United States
    Apr 12, 2010
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. dz31

dz31 New Member

May 8, 2007
    You know... they're in the same metropolitan region, like, ummmm, i dunno, oh yeah Chicago/Rockford. You know! Monterrey/Richmond! Syd, you're better than that...

20. Elgin Indoor Fan

Elgin Indoor Fan New Member

Apr 3, 2009
    And by "well," you mean "still lost a bunch of money, but less than a lot of other folks, and they were okay with that for a while."

But they're dead.

I do agree, though...this game needs more 5,000-seat arenas (Kalamazoo, hello) and fewer people worrying about footprints and big markets and stuff like that.

21. wsls9999

wsls9999 Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Salisbury, MD
    I little bird told me Dallas to return tomorrow.

22. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
  23. FifaMan328

FifaMan328 Member

Dec 5, 2008
    what's the point of this?

24. wlamar3

wlamar3 Member

Sep 14, 2008
    Harrisburg
    Yup, their playing in a little town right outside of Tokyo, in the beautiful new arena in Dallas, Japan.

25. FifaMan328

FifaMan328 Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Bill

Do you think the area would support the Harrisburg Heat?

The indoor football team doesn't draw well.