Alert: MISL.com gone!

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by IndoorSoccerNews, Mar 21, 2014.

1. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no one ever said they can not play against Group B but standards need to be set in place in order to call your self a pro team , Lets just say a team that gets 700 fans a game lets give them a high end of $20 a ticket that's $1,400.00 a game over the 10 games that's ( $14,000.00 ) Lets give them 50% of that for merchandise sales ( $7,000.00 ) Lets give them for argument sake ( $14,000.00 ) From sponsors ,
    to revenue $35,000.00 per year how do u expect them to survive

2. bbwavefan

bbwavefan Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's also, for argument's sake, give them a unicorn and a magic genie. Their first wish can be for unlimited wishes. Then they can move into Group A, even though in your scenario the 'groups' are completely meaningless. I'd expect them to not only survive, but to thrive!

kenntomasch repped this.
  3. Wave Fan

Wave Fan Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Club:
    Charlotte Eagles
    Actually Lewis 700 fans * $20 is actually $14,000, not $1,400. Thus over 10 games it's $140,000. Please don't do math.

4. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or anything else.

But they should just set ticket prices at what they need to survive, a genius once said.

5. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    But also along the way while we've created kind of a safe zone in geographic areas with smaller teams we've added Dallas, Monterrey, Wichita, Harrisburg, and Ontario among others.

Remember just a couple years ago the USL tried to start an indoor league from scratch and all they could muster is three teams and a rumor about Utica.

But when you have 10 or 15 or 20 teams it's easier to attract new teams and it makes better business sense for teams to come aboard.

Eventually you would hope to keep adding teams like Baltimore and Dallas and in time the teams that can't keep up with the rising standard will fall into PASL2 organically.

wlamar3, Scott717257 and Mad Header repped this.
  6. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I screwed that one up , and that is why you do not function until u have your morning coffee .

7. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree the PASL has done something right that is for sure . setting the teams up by group I honestly think is the best way . Then it creates a feeder system for group a teams . What I would like to see is all Group A Teams have a Summer league Playing in the small arenas that can only seat 1K or less people . This would give teams a way to keep the name out there all year long . Just like the Lancer 2 are doing right now .

At this point I think new standards need to be set in place just to get the ball rolling Come up with a payroll that works for every team in the league Each year review it to see if it is time to increase it to keep the teams in the league . I hope they keep the U TUBE events I Honestly am not going to spend $80.00 a year for a Pay per view .
    I also agree with you more teams will come in to the league when you have 20 or so teams playing year after year

8. FifaMan328

FifaMan328 Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Now you want a SUMMER LEAGUE???

Good Lord help this man... WE NEED TO GET THE WINTER LEAGUE DOWN FIRST!!!!!

9. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    There already is a feeder system and a summer league in the PASL-Premier. It may be difficult for the MISL teams to start reserve teams because there currently aren't Premier divisions in those areas. Maybe it would work for Missouri, St. Louis, and Milwaukee.

Missouri and Syracuse used to own PASL-Premier teams before they joined the MISL.

10. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A summer league would not be a bad idea , No it would not be played at the 1st mariner arena but it keeps the name going all year long The Blast and every single misl team have year long contracts with the arenas they practice in so why not have a small league and sell your summer camps and tickets for the pro season that is my point .

11. DallasHammster

Jun 18, 2007
    DALLAS!!!
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like Sydney mentioned, what you describe here already exists - the Premier Arena Soccer League (PASL-Premier). It's the amateur division, with strictly regional play in facilities, and with both summer and winter seasons, which serves as the PASL's feeder league. They also hold national tournaments each season, the latest of which, coincidentally, Mustangs Premier (Chicago Mustangs' reserve team) won this month.

12. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, it actually would be.

You know you can do that with camps, right, and that camps actually make a profit?

You can do camps without being "in-season." In fact, it's easier on your camp instructors, who are very likely your players.

You seriously need to stop.

13. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I honestly have never seen a PASL game so I had no clue how they operate I just know that if teams don't work all year long to keep the name alive and try selling tickets in the off season they will never survive . Teams should be doing fairs and festivals sports card shows and having a player or 2 appear and sign autographs .

14. Scott717257

Scott717257 Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    This I agree with.

Teams should focus on being completely apart of the community and get out to some of the city/state events to bring awareness and make people WANT to come see you play.

I know most successful teams do this already and no one is reinventing the wheel here, but some teams need to do a better job of bridging the gap between the team and te community if they truly want to be as successful as the Blast/Wave/Sidekicks/exc exc of the world of indoor.

15. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which does not mean you have to play another season during the off-season.

Any team in any sport that wants to be a genuine member of its community can do so - and most have - without playing an entire other season to "keep the name alive."

If you can't "keep the name alive" when you're not actually playing games, you're doing a pretty bad job as an organization.

16. Scott717257

Scott717257 Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Yes, I do agree a "year round" season is dumb and bush league. Even if it's called "summer season" and played in parks, rec centers, alleys or wherever.

Hell, if we are going that route let's do Beach Soccer Part Duex. Blast can play out of Ocean City, and I'm sure teams could find places to play. Players would love off-season at the Beach too I would bet. :/

17. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No one is going to make the 4 1/2 hour drive from ocean city just to see the blast play , They could do beach soccer at the inner harbor you will see Neto and Lucio playing foot volley their on the weekends

18. Scott717257

Scott717257 Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Lol...I guess sarcasm does not translate well to text.

PS: 4 1/2 hours to OC? You live in Western MD (Frederick or further West)?? 2 1/2 - 3 hours is the drive average for most of MD besides Western counties, just for logistical fact.