Miroslav Klose

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by m_villeray2, Oct 26, 2003.

1. m_villeray2

m_villeray2 New Member

Oct 26, 2003
    Now available.

2. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    San Diego
    wtf are you talking about..and why are you putting this in the Fire forum?

3. Stevedm

Stevedm Red Card

Jan 19, 2000
    Chicago
    Relax!! He put it on here because the guy is available so maybe the Fire could sign him. Jumping down the guys throat for this is a bit harsh.

4. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    San Diego
    maybe he could have explained how he is "now Available"

I highly doubt that Kaiserlautern just cancelled his contract...

5. GCSOCCER19

GCSOCCER19 New Member

Feb 10, 2003
    North Carolina
    No but the owner of kaiserslautern has stated that he wishes Miroslave to transfer out of the club in the next signing period to a larger, better European team so that Klose can play at the level he deserves....and that it will only benefit his career, Miroslave himself has also stated his wishes to leave the club

I agree fully with him.....and thats why he posted this, he prob posted this as a 'hey wish we could sign that guy" thread all in good fun so ease up a bit....

6. Pyro

Pyro Member

Apr 18, 2000
    Fulton River District
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I also heard that Ronaldo and Becks, inspired by the ability of the Fire to overcome adversity this year have ask Real to trasfer them to the windy city. :D

7. -cman-

-cman- New Member

Apr 2, 2001
    Clinton, Iowa
    Pointless

Really. Klose? As Pyro pointed out, almost as likely to get Becks or Ronaldo.

The only way MLS is going to sign a comparatively big European talent is to find an individual with the following combination; a) has not pissed all his money away and is financially secure enough to take a huge pay cut to play in MLS, b) a natural ambassador of the sport who feels it is not a waste of time to try to develop the US pro league.

E.g. Stoichkov, Pele, Valderama See as useful contra examples, Mathteus, Hernandez.

It would be huge for US soccer to have someone like Zidane say, "Hey, I've done it all for club and country. My finaincial future is assured. I'm going to the US while I still have a few good years left and build the game there because a vibrant, US league will provide opportunities for people like myself (a former street waif from Marseilles) in the future."

Those kinds of non self-centered, charitable individuals are hard to find. Even harder to find ones not completely past their prime who can make useful contributions in an increasingly competitive league.

So, unless you know something about Mr. Klose that we don't, stop wasting my time. If you do, post it.

8. Kaiser

Kaiser New Member

Nov 12, 2000
    dark side of the moo
    stupid post

9. monop_poly

monop_poly Member

May 17, 2002
    Chicago
    Does Klose like deep dish pizza?

10. Fonsos

Fonsos Member

Sep 21, 2000
    Chicago
    Kinda like Roberto Carlos is at the end of his contract next season as is Raul and Cisse and (fill blank). There's a thing called reality in what players the league can get. It's a combo of money, mainly ability to accept the pay cut and not miss a beat and the desire to chill in America while playing the beautiful game. I don't blame people for stepping in his stuff on this one. We've seen it too often on the boards and it's tired. Someone like Beckham in a few years would be more realistic -- he has expressed a desire to play in the US and I'd be shocked if he doesn't end up in Gotham City before he stops playing.

11. CelticOnFire

CelticOnFire New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    London right now
    Ronaldo, 2000 or so

Does anybody remember when ronaldo had knee suergry, and he was romured to go to MLS for a bit? Just thought id put it in

12. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    Not here.

Jiggly_333 and HeyFireGO repped this.
  13. SixKick

SixKick Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2000
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    13 years later and our chances are probably just as good as then.

14. eiki

eiki Member

Aug 23, 2015
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I saw this thread title and thought "hmmm, interesting" but when I opened it up I knew what had happened...

Little did I know, however, just how bad the devastation would be this time around until I scrolled down and saw just how far the trail of empty Mallort bottles and rubber dicks actually extended.

skinut, loonixxx, HeyFireGO and 4 others repped this.